🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
79b3272b
Community Member

Hi, I am a new freelance here.

when I try to Create  my  profile, I am only allowed to select "United States" as my country. How can I change this?

Can you please help me? I'm from China.

Thanks.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yee, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
79b3272b
Community Member

that’s great,thank you for your help❤️

advertake
Community Member

Hey, I have a problem verifying my account.

I live in Israel, but I got an incorporated business in the US.

I intend to open a company profile for my business as well when i get approved, the problem is, i declared my location as my company location, and im asked to upload a US ID which i do not own.

I hope you can help me change my own location to Israel, and help me open a company account with a US location, which i hope is possible.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Eden,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey Goran!

Thanks for that.

I can still make a company profile that's in the US? my company is incorporated in the US

shirapn46
Community Member

I cannot change my country when settiing up my profile. It is stuck on US but I live in Israel, I do have apermanant US address but it'san issuebecause it asks me to enter my phonenumber to get an SMS to verify and it automatically puts +1 which I cannot change, and Ionly have an Israeli phone number. How can I change my coutry to Israel?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shira,

Your Country was updated as per your request, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
79b3272b
Community Member

when I try to Create  my  profile, I am not allowed to select my country ,It just limited in “USA” .How can I change this?Can you please help me? 

Thanks.❤️

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yee,

Please, let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
79b3272b
Community Member

I come from China.

Hi Yee,

~ Goran
Upwork
stefanie623
Community Member

Hello,

Setting up my profile & having issues with changing the location.

I am an American citizen with a permanent address in California though I am temporarily living in the Netherlands. My location says United States & is greyed out, so I cannot change it. The problem is I need to verify a code with an American number but do not have a functional one at this time. How can I update my location to the Netherlands so I can verify with my local phone number here? Or is there a way to keep my location as U.S. and verify with a phone number of a different area code?

Thanks!

You will need help from an Upwork operative to change your country designation to the Netherlands. Someone will probably do this soon.

Hi Stefanie,

Your country has been updated to the Netherlands. Please note that your Country should reflect the one you're physically located in and can verify it. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
thomasj85
Community Member

I original country setting was the Philippines when I set this application up. I would like to change it to Ireland as I am back home from travelling.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thomas, 

I have updated your country from the Philippines to Ireland as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
estherwebdev
Community Member

I recently signed up for upwork account I was using a VPN to watch one of my favorite shows, so my account appered to be in UK but I actually reside in Bulgaria.

I can only verify using a Bulgarian phone number.

I am stuck in a silly loop and I cannot verify my account and I cannot change anything...

Please can someone help me and tell me how to change the country that is tied to my account from UK to Bulgaria ?

Hi Esther, 

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you very much but I still have a problem - my phone number is supposed to be +359893689922

I have no acces to the UK phone any more.

Hi Esther,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
samjnr
Community Member

I’m setting up my profile and my location is Ghana but I’m unable to change the country from United States to Ghana.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Samuel, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
90590de3
Community Member

Hi, Upwork team.

I am German, living in Munich.

But when I try to create freelancer account here, Upwork does not allow me to set my country to German.

It just freezes at "United States".. I attached the screenshot.

Would you fix this please?

Best.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bruno, 

I have updated your country to Germany as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
3552606e
Community Member

Hello,

I have been a client on upwork for a while, however, recently tried to make a freelancer account as well. For some reason my country is pre-set to Pakistanh when I live in New Zealand. It wouldn't let me change it. How can I change it to New Zealand?

https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/introduce-yourself/

Thanks,

Jawad

Hi Jawad,

Your country has been updated to New Zealand as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I live in Turkey but for some reason my country is set to United States and I can't change it.

is there any way to fix that?

Hi Mad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I need to change my Country to United Arab Emirates . I cannot change it currently .Please Help ASAP

lucaswilde
Community Member

I have the same problem, need to change from US to UK, can you help?

Hi Lucas,

Your country has been updated to UK. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
1248771b
Community Member

I need to change my Country to United Arab Emirates . I cannot change it currently .Please Help ASAP

Hi Carl,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
morgannelly
Community Member

I created my account while schooling in USA and now I'm back in my country (Nigeria) and my location seems to be stuck in USA. I'll like to change my location to Nigeria.

Hi Nelly,

Your country has been updated to Nigeria. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
anakaptan
Community Member

Hello,

I have a similar problem. Could you please help me out with location/phone number coding change? I’m currently in Poland.

Thank you in advance!

Best,
Ana
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anastasiia,

Your country has been updated to Poland. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
adamhazouri
Community Member

Hi ... I've been invited to upwork by a client. I have registered while I was using a vpn and I couldn't continue submitting my profile due to location and phone number verification. Any Idea how I can change my country to Malaysia?

Hi Adam,

Your country has been updated to Malaysia as requested. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths