🐈
» Forums » Support » Can the client withdraw the bonus?
Page options
7db8ee0d
Community Member

Can the client withdraw the bonus?

One of my clients doesn't start a new contract, he adds a bonus to a previously completed project every time I complete a new job.
I am just tensing if he can withdraw all the bonus

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

No. A client can not withdraw a bonus.

BUT:

If a client pays you a bonus using a stolen credit card, that money will be clawed back. You won't keep it.

An important thing to understand is this:

It DOESN'T REALLY MATTER if a client can withdraw a bonus or not.

Because you don't get paid using bonus payments.

You get paid from money automatically billed based on the hours you logged, or based on an escrow payment being released.

A bonus payment is just "icing on the cake." A client does not "owe" you a bonus.

A client LIKED the work that you did, and so he paid you a bonus.

Because the client gave you a bonus out of the goodness of his heart, and not because he owed you the money or anything, then by definition, you shouldn't worry about the client trying to take that money back.

spectralua
Community Member

No. This just a lazy client who dont want to create contract\milestone.

Bonus is not required so client can not pay you wor work. Better if this will be normal contract.

7db8ee0d
Community Member

this client is very lazy and she doesn't want to create a contract\milestone she feels it's a very easy way to pay payments in bonus
but I feel uncomfortable to get payments in bonus
If I tell a client I won't work without a contract or milestone now, they may not work with me anymore.

kumarmukesh_seo
Community Member

One of my clients asked me to purchase a domain that cost $280 and sent me a bonus of $350.. Can he claim a refund for the bonus? He wanted to buy the domain immediately before the bonus was credited to my account. what should I do now?

Click full refund, close contract.

Stolen card used. No real money there.

Never buy domains, crypto, anything for bonuses.

Hi! Do you have any updates on your case? Have the client refunded your bonus?

rekasesh
Community Member

What about the $280 he paid for the domain?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths