🐈
» Forums » Support » Cannot enter the address- (Street)
Page options
Aatikah R Community Member

Cannot enter the address- (Street)

Hi, I just created a new account. I entered in all the information, but when I try to put in the address the street section is greyed out I tried out everything clearing out the cache, using a different browser and computer too. 

I think I entered the location (initially) where I live from a different IP (as I am on holidays). I even tried to put this location. Could you please tell me how to fix this because it does not let me go any further

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Susan,

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting support and completing your address. We've found that similar issues have typically been resolved by slowly pacing your typing, by pausing in between numbers and words, and also by avoiding any abbreviations. Generally, by adhering to these best practices, your address should automatically appear in a dropdown, and when it does, please click on your address. 

Here are some specifics regarding abbreviations:

• Instead of St, please type Street
  • Instead of N, please type North
  • Instead of Ave, please type Avenue
  • Instead of SE, please type South East

Also, you can separate each portion of your address with a comma, all within the “Enter street address” bar. Your address should automatically appear as you proceed with typing out the information. If not, you should see the 'Enter address manually' option after typing your address slowly.

~ Luiggi

View solution in original post

470 REPLIES 470
Clarence S Community Member

'm having a couple of issue when trying to add my address to my profile. 

First, my city doesn't show as one of the list options when I enter it in the city field. When I enter it completly, it gives me this error. "Type slowly to select a city from one of the options on the list."

Second, my address doesn't show as an option in the list when I type it in. I don't receive an error for this field until I submit the form. I then get the error "Fill in your street address".

I've searched the community and have seen others having this issue and they're told to click on the Add Address Manually link. No such link appears for me. I've tried on different browsers and i've tried clearing my cache and cookies

Proff.png

Ashutosh K Community Member

some error is showing in the panal keep the petent in the form ...https://www.upwork.com/ab/flservices/workwith/ashutoshk55

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Clarence,

I'd like to look into this for you. Could you please share more information via PM so I can check? You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Camila A Community Member

Hello! I'm trying to set up my profile but I can't find my city. I found others that have the same name, I don't know what the problem is. I tried typing slowly to see if I can enter the address manually, but it doesn't work. I've already tried with different browsers and I can't find a solution.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Camila,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi

Hello! I'm trying to set up my profile but I can't find my city, I already tried everything but nothing happens.

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Camila,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that we've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. If you have any further questions please feel free to reply directly to the ticket so the team can assist you further.

~Andrea

Hello, I don't see the option to reply there, and the problem appears as "Solved" but it is not solved yet.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Camila,

We've escalated a new support ticket on your behalf. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Hemali J Community Member

Hi there, I am trying to enter my city details for South Africa. Unfortunately, nothing comes up even though I type slowly or try prompting the manual option by entering a non existent address.

Please can you help. I am new to this group.

Regards, Hemali

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Hemali,

I checked your account and saw that you could enter your address. Can you confirm if you still need assistance?

~ Luiggi
Stephanie W Community Member

I recently created an account with a different address. When I try to edit it to my correct address, the City field doesn't recognize my correct City nor does it show anything about "enter manually" like I keep getting told to try. I have tried to clear the cache and type slowly like support keeps saying to do, but it doesn't work. How do I get this changed so it's my correct address?!

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Stephanie,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Anya S Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to update my old address **Edited for community guidelines** with the new one **Edited for community guidelines**, but the street field is completely greyed out an inactive. I can't apply to roles with an outdated address.

Please, help, 

Anya S

**Edited for community guidelines**

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Anya,

I checked and can confirm that you've successfully updated your address. You can it here

~ Joanne
Upwork
Vicky C Community Member

I have just set up an account as a freelancer, and when I enter my address it will not accept and says it is not recognized. I have tried putting in my own way and selecting from the drop down list. It will not recognize. I know my address is correct. Please advise how to correct this so that I can proceed with finishing the set up of my profile.

Thank you.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Vicky,

I'm sorry you are having trouble entering your address. Have you tried entering it manuallyas shown here? This would allow you to enter the street address as you'd like and then fill out the rest of the fields as you normally would. 

~ Luiggi
Ryan M Community Member

Hello, 

I just joined Upwork and in the middle of setting up my profile was incredibly frustrated to learn that your system does not recognize the small town that I live in or the street that I am on. I have followed all repeated instructions to type out the street and any abbreviations but none of that will matter unless you the system is not updated to recognize the city I live in. Apparently Upwork doesn't believe in email support either and I suppose this is the best I can do. Seems like the mods are pretty helpful so I guess this is my last resort. 

All in all, not a great start to my experience here on Upwork.

Thanks,

Ryan

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Ryan, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear about your experience and the frustration it has caused. I assure you that I will share your feedback with our team for further review. 

I checked, and it looks like you already added an address to your account. Could you please clarify if you would like to update your address so I can assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Ryan M Community Member

Hi NikolaS

I added a previous address of mine to the system so that I could finish registration and then reach out for support. If I didn't do that I was worried that I wouldn't be able to finish registering. I need to update it to my current address. 

Nikola S Moderator

Thank you for following up and clarifying, Ryan. 

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths