🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Cannot upload audio files
Page options
3d099267
Community Member

Cannot upload audio files

I have been on Upwork for almost 2 years now. I have had two MP3 audio files for demo reels on my profile. Yesterday, I went to update my demo and Upwork says that they do not support audio files. Am I missing something? They are supporting my audio files but it says I cannot add audio files. Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
NikolaS

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to help. Could you please share a screenshot of the error message from your end so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly?

~ Nikola
Upwork
3d099267
Community Member

When I try to upload an audio file it does not let me. 

IMG_2622.png

 There is nowhere to upload an audio file. However, I had two in my profile already. See below. 

IMG_2621.png

 support says that UpWork does not support audio files, but I have had two audio files on my profile for over a year now. Why can't I upload an audio file now?

thank you for your help. 

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

I tried and can't replicate the issue you're describing. Thumbnail images, URLs, and/or project files can be attached for clients to view. You can add portfolio items to your profile such as video projects, Images, and attachments. 

Images can be in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png format. The minimum dimensions for images are 400px width by 300px height, however 1000px width by 750px height is recommended. The maximum limit for images is 4000px width by 4000px height.

Attachments can be in .doc, .swf, or .pdf format. The maximum size is 5 MB for the thumbnail and 25 MB for attachments. Please share with us a screenshot of the error you're receiving when trying to upload files or add a video link. That way we can take a closer look and assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3d099267
Community Member

I'm trying to upload WAV or MP3 audio files as examples of my voiceover work. It won't allow me to do so. I already have 2 WAV files as examples of my work in my profile, for customers to listen to. However, Upwork is saying that it does not support these files and won't allow my to upload it to my profile. 

b0cb7c57
Community Member

Arjay,

Please don't think I'm trying to be confrontational but I'm blown away at why did you not even acknowledge this clear question from Shawn.  I also used to have two audio demos on my profile but you couldn't edit them or update them so I deleted them.  Now I'm trying to add an audio file as a demo and it's not possible.  When anyone goes to projects and then you go and you create a template and it says basic or whatever and then any of those when you click on upload and right underneath it it says jpeg etc.  It doesn't allow you to upload any type of audio file or you can embed a YouTube url but I don't want to do that I just want to add a MP3

I saw that no one acknowledged Sean's relevant recent question please someone jump in and figure this out.  Why / where can someone add an audio file to their profile? 

Please

b0cb7c57
Community Member

I wanted to say thank you for the excellent response from Qasim with the support team and share the info so that others can benefit from the great explanation. I think with most sites users want to at least know what the options are and I think they have done a good job clarifying things. Great things! 

Here is the response from support below:

Thank you for contacting Upwork! 

I'll be helping you with your question about adding an audio file to your project. 

Currently, freelancers can only add a video in MP4 format or images in JPEG or PNG format. Adding an audio file is not yet available for your projects. You can, however create a video of you doing voiceovers, or you can also add your audio file as a background for an image.

To create your video:

• You can feature one video per project.
  • Your video can be up to 60 seconds long and 100 MB.
  • You can make your video the cover of your project!
  • You don’t have to include audio, but we recommend it for best results. (Note that audio narration needs to be in English.)
  • You can upload video in mp4 format.

For more information, you may refer to these articles:

If there's anything else I can assist you with or if you have further questions, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'm here to ensure that you have a positive experience on our platform!

Thank you for using Upwork! 

Best Regards,
Qasim

b0cb7c57
Community Member

And FYI the system wouldnt let me post the URL articles etc.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths