🐈
» Forums » Support » Change sign in method
Page options
de6246d7
Community Member

Change sign in method

Hello

please I created my Upwork account with my Apple ID and now I can't login to desktop

I want to change the sign in method to email or Google sign in

how do I do this please ??

55 REPLIES 55

Hi Nguyen Khuong,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ffb754b7
Community Member

I need to change my login method as well. Thanks.

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out. To change your login method, just go to this Settings > Password & Security > click on the pencil icon to nominate a password:

759e32fa_0-1691933738920.png

~ AJ
Upwork
d4fdbeaf
Community Member

Please someone help me 

I want to change my sign in method from appleID to gmail

how can I do this please

Hi Faraz,

You may switch through your preferred services by going to Settings> Connected Services> Disconnect from your Apple Sign-in Connection. Then, you may proceed with Google Sign-in by clicking the "Continue with Google" button. Please see this screenshot for your reference. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b7cb9690
Community Member

Same here. How can I change it???

Hi Bertus,

Thanks for reaching out. You may switch through your preferred services by going to Settings> Connected Services> Disconnect from your Apple Sign-in Connection. Then, you may select other sign-in options available such as Google or if not, you don't need to select anything and just use the email address you registered to sign in.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, this doesn't seem to work. It just brings up a screen to ask for your existing password to edit your connected services and as there was no password set (i.e. I set up the account using AppleID), you can't proceed past this page. Is there an alternative approach available?

32125d28
Community Member

Hello, I have a similar issue - just want to change my AppleID login to be a regular password. There seems to be no way to setup a support ticket from the support ticket page, just to track existing tickets. Can anyone assist or recommend how to reach a customer support agent or raise a ticket? Thanks!

Hi Lee,

Have you tried switching through your preferred services by going to Settings> Connected Services> Disconnect from your Apple Sign-in Connection? Then, you may select other sign-in options such as Google; if not, you don't need to select anything and use the email address you registered to sign in.

Let us know if you need further assistance after trying these steps; we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
32125d28
Community Member

Hi Arjay, this doesn't seem to work. It just brings up a screen to ask for your existing password to edit your connected services and as there was no password set (i.e. I set up the account using AppleID), you can't proceed past this page. Is there an alternative approach available?

Hi Lee,

Thank you for following up with us. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d05f490e
Community Member

Hi, I am facing the same problem.

I need to disconnect my Google account but it is not possible from settings because it asks me for a password that I have never created. How can I solve it?

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
155cde84
Community Member

Hi, I am facing the same problem.

I need to disconnect my Google account and login via email and password.

Hi Anastasiia, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths