🐈
» Forums » Support » Clarification Needed for Bidding using Freela...
Page options
azxdesignup
Community Member

Clarification Needed for Bidding using Freelancer and Business Manager account.

Dear Upwork Support,

I am the owner of an Upwork Agency and also actively work from my individual freelancer account. I'd like to clarify the following about bidding with my appointed Business Manager:

• Simultaneous Bidding: Is it possible for both myself (from my freelancer account) and my appointed Business Manager (from my agency account) to place bids on Upwork projects at the same time?

• Potential Conflicts: Are there any potential conflicts or restrictions to be aware of in this scenario?

I want to ensure that both my Business Manager and I can bid effectively without violating any Upwork policies. Thank you for your guidance.

Sincerely, 
Papai Dutta

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Papai,

Thank you for reaching out with your questions regarding simultaneous bidding with your freelancer account and your agency account managed by your Business Manager. I'd be happy to provide clarification on this matter.

Yes, it is indeed possible for both yourself, operating from your freelancer account, and your appointed Business Manager, operating the agency profile from their account, to place bids on Upwork projects simultaneously. Upwork allows for this flexibility to streamline your bidding process and maximize your opportunities on the platform. Please note that your business manager needs to have appropriate agency permission to bid on the agency account using their own account. Accounts should not be shared or duplicated in any way between agency members.  

Thank you for prioritizing compliance and seeking guidance on this matter. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you in maximizing your success on Upwork.

- Pradeep

Upwork
azxdesignup
Community Member

DearPradeepH,

I'm seeking clarification on the appropriate permissions to grant my Business Manager within my Upwork Agency. Specifically, I would like to know what specific agency permissions I must grant to enable this functionality.

Thank you for providing clear guidance on this matter.
Sincerely,
Papai.

Papai, you can refer to this help page for the agency members roles and permissions. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork

I want to be absolutely certain that I haven't inadvertently violated any Upwork policies. Currently, I access and work on my Upwork freelancer account from two different laptops.

Would it be permissible to share one of these laptops with my Business Manager so they can create and use their own Upwork profile? We would both be using the same internet connection. Are there any specific restrictions, guidelines, or recommended practices I should follow in this situation to ensure full compliance with Upwork's terms?

azxdesignup
Community Member

Hello Pradeep,

Waiting for your reply. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths