🐈
» Forums » Support » Client Testimonials - Rejected - Freelancer S...
Page options
4ed1d896
Community Member

Client Testimonials - Rejected - Freelancer Support CTA - Fix This!

I came to the forum to research this topic and saw that I'm not the only one and that it may be a systemic issue. 

What happened? 

I followed the testimonial instructions and sent my client the link from within the platform to create a testimonial. The invite included all the details required, like a verified LinkedIn profile, business email address, etc. However, the message to both parties, my client and I told us that the testimonial was "not approved" because "....we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid." 

What is the Issue?

1. Frustration: You cannot reply to this email to tell Upwork they are incorrect or appeal the auto-decision. There is no option to contact a human for support, and the AI bot will drive you insane because you're hoping eventually it will connect you with a human or an email support ticket; nope, it's a loop with the same answers. 
  2. Embarrassment and Optics: I'm supposed to be OK with this no-insight-response "response" and then field questions from my client who's asking me, "Am I not real?" and comically, but not, "....perhaps Upwork knows that I'm not real and I have not discovered that fact for myself yet."   
  3. Trust Erosion: Upwork espouses the desire that it wants me to succeed. However, the lack of available support or appeal options erodes this initial trust that it does want me to "succeed". The risk currently unfolding for me is that, I can no longer concede that Upwork has my interests in balance with their own by not providing a straightforward solution.  

I aim to get support from Upwork for myself on this issue but, perhaps naively, I also hope the broader issue of " a lack of human-level support for denials and an appeal process" is escalated to the product and customer support leadership teams.

I believe Upwork can do much better to help support the very individuals that make Upwork - work. Don't you?

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths