🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Clients' history not updated
Page options
Deborah P Community Member

Clients' history not updated

Hello, I wish to point out that I came across several cases of client's history not updated, where past and ongoing jobs and reviews are not visible, although they appear in the information snippets of their profile and job posts. I see this as an issue, as such information is important for me when I evaluate the history of prospective and current clients, and the reviews from other freelancers, before and during a contract.

Is there a bug in the system? Can this be sorted out? I would appreciate your advice, thank you. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Deborah, 

Thank you for following up. I would like to clarify that our engineers are aware of this issue and they are working as fast as possible to resolve it. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding while this issue is being resolved. 

Edited to update information. 

I would like to let you know that the issue is now resolved. If you are still experiencing issues or need further assistance, let us know, and we will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58
Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Deborah,

Could you please share more information about the issue that you're experiencing? Could you please provide screenshots so we can investigate further?

~ AJ
Upwork

Sure, shall I share the client's screenshots publicly here? Or via pm?

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Deborah,

Could you please send me a PM with the client details you're referring to? I'll have that reviewed and assist you accordingly. We look forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I will, thank you!

Hello Arjay, I shared 2 examples of clients with you via pm over the last few days. Please confirm if you received them, and kindly keep me updated with developments, thank you. 

Mila A Community Member

Hi Arjay, 

I am having the same issue with every client's profile. Last jobs I see are from oct-nov 2023 and nothing afterwards, although I see number of active hires is changing. Plus I see some freelancers have active jobs with the client in their profiles but they are now shown in the client's history.

Can someone please solve this issue 🙏?

Mila A Community Member

Sorry "not shown"

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Mila,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the job link and the screenshots of the issue you have shared above? 

- Pradeep

Danielle H Community Member

Same here, I can't see jobs and reviews for several clients, the point is how can I evaluate if I want to invest my time applying for a job or chatting with a potential client.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Danielle,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the clients you are referring to? If possible please also share a screenshot from your end. 

~ Nikola
Igor I Community Member

+1. I feel like clients' histories stopped updating sometime in Oct-Nov. Really wish this could be fixed promptly because being able to view the accurate history is so critical when deciding to apply for a job.

I dmed a couple of links to Nikola, if anyone else wants to take a look, let me know. But it's not just some isolated incidents, it looks like it might not be updating for all clients. At least it's not the first time I'm noticing this.

The "Other open jobs by this Client" section is inaccurate as well, it always shows some jobs from 3-4 months ago that have long been closed

Anthony W Community Member

Related to this, I'm noticing a lot of broken links when browsing clients' profiles & previous jobs. Jobs for which the title is a link – so I should be able to navigate to the job summary page and read the post – are quite often broken when they're a few months+ old.

This didn't used to be the case; I've been noticing it more and more over recent months.

I would think only very old jobs shouldn't be navigable in this way. 

One reason this is important, is that if a client is repeatedly posting the same or similar job spec, but not hiring or not being successful in their relationships with freelancers, then that's valuable information in my decision to avoid. It does require the job detail to see if this is the case.

Nathaly T Community Member

I am also experiencing the same issue. The client's history and work in progress are (clearly) not updating since at least two months ago. It is strange because after so long, you would expect it to work by this year. 

It's actually extremely poor how outdated the data is becoming on clients – this part of Upwork is now seems thoroughly broken.

Jobs which are closed & completed are not showing on clients' profiles & scores and reviews aren't showing (only older stuff showing, but this flow now doesn't seem operational).. The information & 'intelligence' which freelancers have on clients is degrading fast on the platform – what are Upwork doing about this?

It is particularly concerning when a recent update to freelancers' JSS now places more emphasis on public feedback, whilst freelancers themselves find that clients' public feedback is increasingly impenetrable & unavailable; these two positions taken by Upwork are diametrically opposed.

This has to be a competely known issue. Will Upwork be putting out an update on the forums recognising this issue, and sharing with us what steps they are taking to correct this broken functionality & data with regards clients' completed jobs & freelancer feedback?

Obviously this greatly affects how, on what & who freelancers spend their connects. Once more there is a whiff of conflict of interest going on here with Upwork in this regard, which could be put to bed by first communicating, and then swiftly fixing this broken part of the platform.

Yours in hope.

Update: I sent several links as examples to a moderator who required it some time ago, and never got a response. It would be good to have an update on this issue, thank you!

Carlo R Community Member

Unfortunately, the issue still persists, and it's been unresolved for months now. Clients' past records haven't updated since around October 2023. Freelancers who've ended their contracts are still listed under 'jobs in progress,' while new freelancers haven't been appearing for some months. Could the moderators please address this issue? We're eagerly awaiting an update and resolution. Thank you.

It would appear, through this ongoing inaction, that Upwork is actively protecting clients from freelancer feedback on this platform.

One has to decide not to act.

Carlo R Community Member

Unfortunately, the issue still persists, and it's been unresolved for months now. Clients' past records haven't updated since around October 2023. Freelancers who've ended their contracts are still listed under 'jobs in progress,' while new freelancers haven't been appearing for some months. Could the moderators please address this issue? We're eagerly awaiting an update and resolution. Thank you.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Carlo,

Thank you for your message. Could you please confirm if you are referring to a specific job posted by other clients? 

- Pradeep

Carlo R Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your response.

I'm referring to all clients I've seen thus far. All of them have unupdated information about their freelancer history. Before I accept a job offer, I always check their recent history to determine if they are worth my time. However, since around October 2023, I've noticed that this information hasn't been updating properly, which is causing inconvenience for many freelancers.

I hope this clarification helps in understanding the issue better.

Regards,

Carlo

Pradeep H Moderator

Thank you for sharing additional information about your concern, Carlo. We aim to provide updated information on all job posts. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Carlo R Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your suggestion. However, this issue has persisted for several months now, despite attempts to clear cookies and cache and trying different browsers. Many freelancers, including myself, have been encountering this problem consistently. I've also provided a link to an outdated thread where numerous freelancers have reported the same issue without receiving updates or resolutions:

[Link to outdated thread: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Support-Forum/Clients-history-not-updated/m-p/1532030#M138930]

It would be greatly appreciated if you could escalate this matter for further investigation and resolution.

Thank you for your attention to this ongoing concern.

Regards,

Carlo

Pradeep H Moderator

Thank you for following up, Carlo. I will share your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Is there a list of issues with the platform which are being addressed, Pradeep, along with their status?

Because what I tend to find with platform issues which become support tickets with individual freelancers, is that the communication dries up very quickly indeed and the ticket is left to hang for weeks or months without any updates.

Platform issues which affect all users, or a whole class of users, ought to be listed for all members to see, imo.

Treating these issues as if they are a single issue being experienced by a single freelancer, appears to give rise to the belief that they do not need to be treated with any urgency nor seriousness.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths