🐈
» Forums » Support » Deceptive Client Activity on Upwork
Page options
amir-soma
Community Member

Deceptive Client Activity on Upwork

I want to bring to your attention a regrettable experience I recently had with a client I had previously worked with under a legitimate payment contract.

A few months ago (March), I successfully completed a project for this client (I'd like to mention his name too: Vimal Jetty from India) received payment, and even earned a positive review, establishing trust between us. Recently, the same client contacted me to work on a project that was a continuation of our previous collaboration (In the beginning of August) My mistake, neither of us initiated a new contract through Upwork as we had done before.

Upon completion of the project, the client sent a bonus payment, which has remained pending for over two weeks. Despite my concerns and attempts to resolve the matter, it appears that the client may have scammed me by not sending any funds at all.

I kindly request your assistance and guidance on how to address this matter appropriately. I'm attaching some screenshots as a proof below.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Soma,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to remind you that for Fixed-Price jobs, freelancers are advised to use the submit work link next to the funded milestone on the contract details page to share work with their clients and, at the exact moment, request payment. Once you submit work and request payment, the client will have 14 days to review it and approve or ask for changes. If they take no action in 14 days, the funds in Escrow will be released to you. You may read more about Fixed-Price Protection here.

It is always good to communicate and politely explain everything to your client to avoid any misunderstanding. You can discuss the terms of further engagement on the contract and attempt to resolve the situation amicably.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths