🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Direct to local bank withdrawal did not r...
Page options
Muhammad H Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

Hi,

Dear Upwork Community,

I had set a payment method on Upwork with the correct bank account number but wrote the postal code in place of the postcode. Yesterday, I made a transaction but still have not received any payment. 

Please guide me. Is it a delay due to bank holidays, or is the payment transferred to another account? 

Best Regards,

Muhammad Hussain.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

568 REPLIES 568
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Joanna Mae,

Direct to Local Bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. If after 8 business days your funds are still not reflected in your account, please let us know so we can initiate a trace for you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Joanna Mae M Community Member

This is new to me. It will not take an hour to recieved my funds. But now it takes so long. Please give me an update. So I know what to do. There's a lot of scam today, that's why I want to know what's happening to my funds. I really want to know that nothing bad happen

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Joanna Mae,

I understand that you're concerned about the delay. Please feel free to reach out to us if the funds are still not reflected in your bank account after eight business days. Our team would be happy to assist in initiating a transaction trace. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Eziolisa C Community Member

Hello again, I'm getting tired of complaining about this. Please I withdrew money on the 5th of October and received the processed email that same day. Till today I have not received any funds neither has it been returned to my Upwork account. 

please it's already 8 working days. I'll like to initiate a trace where my money is. I'm not happy at all. 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Eziolisa,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Princess Therese S Community Member

Good day, upwork support team! 

I still didn't get my payment after withdrawing it on October 14, 2022. I am worried because usually when I withdraw it always reflect on my accoun on the very same day. Can you please take a look at my account? What if there are problems that I didn't know about. It is small but I value what I earn and it is a very big help for my family. 

Please help me. Thank you so much. 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Princess,

I checked the transaction you are referring to and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and our team will assist you further.

In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

~ Luiggi

Hello, thank you!

I just received it today.

Thank you so much!

Joanna Mae M Community Member

Hello Princess, we have the same issue. I'm hoping that I will received my funds today too.

Hi. 

Yes you will receive it. The support team said you can waut up to 8 days. And if your withdrawal still not reflected in your account, you can contact them again. 

William T C Community Member

Expect to wait 2 days for payment to your bank.

Sunidhi P Community Member

Hello, Upwork support. 

I initiated a payment request on Upwork on 13th October. The billing bar showed that payment was initiated and would be received in the following few days. However, I received another email the next day stating that the payment method had been disabled. This is not the first time. 

"As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments" 

A bit of advice and assistance in the matter would be immensely helpful. 

Additionally, I should mention that I had logged out of the account that I use. Is that may be the reason behind the disabling of my payment as the data might not have been saved?

Hi Sunidhi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and it looks like the details that you've added were deemed 'invalid'. Could you please check with your bank to see if you have the correct details and re-add this as your payment method? Alternatively, you can use other payment methods listed here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Ria C Community Member

Hello!

I've withdrawn some funds today from my Upwork account to my local bank transfer account. But I haven't still received the email saying the payment has been processed. Previously I used to receive the payment on the same day itself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Ria,

I have checked the transaction you're referring to and it's been initiated on our end. It may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank if you have withdrawn your earnings via Direct to Local Bank transfer. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Touqhir P Community Member

Hi Jo-An B, even I'm facing the same problem, I had withdrawn on 23th Sunday, and it shows last payment the amount which I had put on for withdrawal and hasn't reached my account yet!!!

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Touqhir,

I have checked and I can confirm that the transaction you're referring to is successful on our end. Please note that It may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank if you have withdrawn your earnings via Direct to Local Bank transfer. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Courtney M Community Member

Been waiting 9 business days for payment. Processed on 11 October. Still not received. Can someone please look into this? 

Hi Courtney,

Thank you for reaching out. It seems like the 8th business day from your withdrawal transaction is on the 21st. Please let us know by the 22nd if the funds aren't reflected on your account yet and we'll initiate a trace for you.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi AJ, 

The advice you have provided is incorrect. I raised a support ticket for this today and have been told I can't have any assistance with this or a trace etc until the 24th of October. 

It literally astounds me that you guys name people wait this long for funds. Like these funds are our income. 

after almost 4 years on Upwork I am seriously reconsidering my use of this platform. To not be paid for weeks is ridiculous! 

I still don't have this. I have raised a support ticket which says they won't do anything until 24th yet you have said "let us know by the 22nd"...... 

So, can anyone actually help me get my funds here! Or even just provide some correct advice! 

Still missing my funds from 11 October. After 4 years on Upwork I am so appalled at the fact that when there is an issue of this nature we have to wait so long for you guys to even initiate the process to look into it. 
Like, you haven't missed your cut from this, you've taken it before allegedly transferring to us and when we don't receive it's like you don't even care.... I mean as long as you guys get paid right. 
Literally cannot wait to get this resolved and then leave this platform for good. It is so not worth working hard and then waiting weeks for payment. Absolute joke! 

Hi Courtney,

I understand you're frustrated about the timing of this process. Please know that we implemented the eight-day processing time as this is the maximum turnaround time for our payment partners to review the transaction before we can initiate a trace. It would be best to respond to the same support ticket in order for our team to assist you more efficiently.

~ AJ
Upwork
Samir G Community Member

Hi Upwork team i know you are super busy. But i have a pending amount  from october month which has not been paid yet. But my client had told that he has released the funds. Please help  me out.  I have clicked on get paid too. But my payment are not deposited to local bank account. 

Samir G Community Member

Same problem here. My billing of more than 120 Hours with 15 dollars rate has not been paid by upwork till today.  Even though it is telling me that it has been deposited to my local bank but it has not been released yet 😞 I'm not happy with it.  It's been 15days 😞 😞 😞 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths