🐈
» Forums » Support » Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received
Page options
1f2a8d2c
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

Hi,

Dear Upwork Community,

I had set a payment method on Upwork with the correct bank account number but wrote the postal code in place of the postcode. Yesterday, I made a transaction but still have not received any payment. 

Please guide me. Is it a delay due to bank holidays, or is the payment transferred to another account? 

Best Regards,

Muhammad Hussain.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

568 REPLIES 568

Hi Erdinc,

Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

If it doesn't arrive in 8 working days, I will inform you. Thank you for your support.

688ae76a
Community Member

Hi, i redeemed my money from upwork 2days ago direct to my local bank but still i didn't received the money in my local bank. And the money is missing. I got the email confirmation. 

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nisha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ AJ
Upwork
pashmeenam
Community Member

Hello upwork team. I'm pashmeena working as freelancer. Few months ago in April 2022 withdraw payment of from upwork.to my local bank account which is 16$that are not transfer to my account till today. And now my setting on payment schedule is when my payment is above 1000$ then transferred to my local bank account. My upwork account balance is below 100$ why they transferred my money to local bank account.  And i dont get my money on local bank. How i get my amount back to upwork account. Its so disappointing that when i mention that in schedule setting  transfer above 1000 why they do this.

Please reply .

Thanks.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Pashmeena,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S. and in your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ Arjay
Upwork
623be166
Community Member

To Whom It May Concern,

I manually transferred (get paid) my funds to my local bank (BDO) yesterday, December 28, 2022 past 9am, just minutes after, I got an email confirmation that payment  has been processed, however, as of this writing, I still haven't received it nor see the amount in my account, this is the first time it happened. I also called my bank, but said their access is only limited to transactions that has been done already. Can you please confirm if the payment I made was successful on your end? It's the same information I used since I started in Upwork. Appreciate your help on this. Thank you! 

Hi Ailyn,

Please note that Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for your response, Pradeep!

It’s been 3 days (which is very unusual), but payment hasn’t reflected on my account yet. Will see in a few more days or so, before the 8-business days tracing requirement.
mammapata
Community Member

In early September I made a funds transfer from Upwork to my bank, the bank refused the transfer and tells me the money will go back to the sender within 5 days. It has been about 3 months and the money never came back.

My bank tells me the money was sent back, Upwork tells me the money did not come back. In conclusion this money was lost and I don't know how to get it back.
I asked Upwork for an explanation, I would like to know if every time there might be a problem with the destination bank is there a risk that the money will be lost?

In response to my requests for money tracking, they reply that they don't know anything. What should I do in this case?

This seems to me to be an absurd situation, and it would be very unfortunate to have to resolve it through legal action.

Has anyone had something like this happen to them?
THank you.

Emy

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emy,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I checked and it looks like you have an open ticket with our team regarding this issue and they have confirmed it has been escalated further. If you have any questions or are looking for updates please communicate directly with our support team as they are the ones who can best assist you. 

~Andrea
Upwork
dante101
Community Member

I'm facing a big problem, I tried to transfer money to my credit card 14 December, 3 days later, I got notification that payment could not be processed and bank transfer has been disabled. Then I add my bank information again and tried to withdraw again in 23 December. 3 days later, I mean today, I again got the same notification that payment could not be processed and bank transfer disabled. Why is this happening? Is this Upwork problem or bank problem? Please tell ne the way to fix it. I urgently need the money.

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sazzat,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
4fc88301
Community Member

Hello, Good day.
I requested payment from Upwork account via Direct to Local Bank transfer on Thursday, 29th December, 2022. I got a confirmation email that the payment has been processed a little afterwards but it's been one week now and I still haven't received anything in my local bank account. it's usually doesn't take this long and I'm now worried.
Please I need assistance and nobody is replying the ticket I sent 2 days ago. Please can I get someone to talk to. It's urgent

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello, Pradeep H,

It's been 8 business days. 13 days since I made the withdrawal and still nothing. I've contacted my bank several times and they said nothing has been received.

The ticket I replied to concerning this matter yesterday has not still been address that's why I'm reaching out to you here. Please I'd like to initiate a trace. It's urgent.

Thanks.

aswanijahangir33
Community Member

Hello Upwork! 

I'm a top rated freelancer on Upwork, working on this platform for over one and half year now. 

I haven't received payment in my local bank account which I requested on January 02, 2023.

I contacted the bank and they told me that they haven't received any amount from Upwork.

But from Upwork, I got the email that my Payment is processed.

Any help:) 

Hi Jehangeer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions may take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

~ AJ
Upwork
6b835172
Community Member

Hi, I made the transaction on 4th January and got the confirmation email of the transaction but I haven't received the money in my bank account. It usually would take only 2 to 3 hours but this is the first time that I haven't received the money till now. Please help me. 

Hi Romaisa,

I'm sorry to hear you have not received your funds yet as you typically do. Please note that Direct to Local Bank withdrawals can take up to four business days to be received by your bank. You can check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6b835172
Community Member

Hi Luiggi

Thanks for the response, but one thing it's already 5th day and what if I don't get the funds today as well. What can be the posiible solution please guide.

Thank you 

Hi Romaisa,

I'm sorry for any confusion, but I referred to business days. This means that weekends, Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds. If after eight business days, you still have not received the funds on your end, you may reach out to us again so we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
asifsaeed
Community Member

The issue is not resolved, we have not received our payments even after withdrawal. Seems payment is somewhere at UpWork end and they are enjoying their holidays by destroying ours. What a great gift of new year from UpWork. Very much disappointed. Especially when you have pending bills and today is last day. Second I don't understand why all UpWork support staff replies the same as it would take 2-5 business days to payment arrival while we are telling them it took only required 1 hour max and we did hundreds of transactions before. Even after that story by waiting 2-5 days then they said comeback after 8 days and then they will trace the transaction. Very unprofessional statement. You need to improve your services significantly. And in such a fast electronic era we still need such a long waiting toile.hmmmmm!

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to learn about your payment withdrawal and how you feel about the same. I see that you are referring to the fund withdrawal using the local fund transfer method.

While I understand most users receive funds within a few hours of initiating the withdrawal, please note that the standard time for processing your fund withdrawal using the Direct to local bank transfer is within 4 business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please check this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timing and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
kate_bercasio
Community Member

Hi guys, anyone experienced delayed lft to bpi. Since Upworked was delayed payment last Friday. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths