🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: My Mastercard was declined!
Page options
Sandeep S Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you

Pradeep

View solution in original post

1,090 REPLIES 1,090
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Dons,

I'm sorry if you're having difficulties purchasing Connects. I can see that you've reached out and raised a ticket about the issue. I've submitted a follow-up directly to the team handling your case, and you will get an update from one of the members on this page momentarily. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Dons P Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thank you,am standing by for the update 

mohamed a Community Member

Cannot buy connects with paypal.

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi mohamed,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by Paypal or your bank. Please contact Paypal support and your card-issuing bank connected to your Paypal account for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ AJ
Upwork
Ni Luh Putu P Community Member

I have problems about buy connect there i use bank account but say decline and use PayPal can't also 

So any solution for buy connect? Please help thank you 🙏

Hi Ni Luh Putu,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by Paypal or your bank. Please contact Paypal support and your card-issuing bank connected to your Paypal account for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ AJ
Upwork
Hassaan S Community Member

I'm trying to enter a payment method in my Account Settings, but it keeps showing the validation errors under the expiration date and security code fields. The expiration date is in the future (2 digits for month and 2 digits for year) and I'm entering the correct 3 digits in the security code field. I've tried this in two browsers just to make sure it wasn't some browser thing. It won't let me save or proceed.

Not able to buy connects, need help

Aulia R Community Member

Just like me, I also have the same thing, what happened?, before it was fine.

Hi Hassaan and Aulia,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry you're having trouble adding a billing method. I've escalated your reports to the appropriate team for further review. Kindly expect an update on this page once your accounts are thoroughly reviewed.

In the meantime, you can find several alternative options in this help article to purchase Connects or upgrade to a membership plan. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Ashish D Community Member

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
Miss P Community Member

Hello There,

I am not able to add my payment method before this was added successfully but when I try to buy connects it showed an error on the screen that refreshed the page there is a server issue and it was also showing a message underneath my payment card. then I removed the card and try to add it again now it showing https://prnt.sc/I-J9-HnsDEWa, As I do not have a last name so last time support team asked me to add Miss as my first name and Poonam last name I did the same but it is not adding my card. And every time whenever I try to buy Connect it always shows an error, to be honest, I am very frustrated now with this, Even though I did not get any job I don't know why and instead of earning I get a loss buy getting connects and spent them on the proposal. Please help me. I am literally very frustrated now. also, this is very very bad news for that freelancers like me who dont have enough connects and dont get job and to bid we have to spend 16 connects almost on all jobs. Its request to Upwork please help us. We love this platform.

Miss P Community Member

Before payment method issue it was showing this message https://prnt.sc/gLJtlF-r4lh2

Nabeel A Community Member

Hi! You should use same name as on your bank account and card. Disable privacy plugins and enhanced security of browser to resolve website errors.

Miss P Community Member

Hello Nabeel,

My name on the card is only Poonam but when I am trying to add my name it asks for my last name. And i don't have my last name.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Poonam,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your billing method. We've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Miss P Community Member

Hello Luiggi, Thank you, I have also changed my name First and last name to Poonam as per the identity policy of name.

Nirman D Community Member

Hi I have added master card details for billing method but its not added.... I am unable to add it,I want to buy connects. Please help me.

Hi there,

It looks like you need to complete a verification first. Please check the email that our support team has sent you to complete the verification or access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Nirman D Community Member

Hi Annie, I am facing the same issue, please help me to resolve it.

Aneeq A Community Member

Hi guys! Hope you're all well. I use Upwork Plus, I used all my connects for bids and then tried buying the connects using my brothers card and then I found out that I cannot use anyones card on my account. What shall I do now? I have removed my brothers card now and adding mine but it's not updating. What is the way forward? please guide. 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Aneeq, 

I'm sorry you're having trouble adding your billing method. Are you getting any error messages when you try adding the card? If you could share a screengrab of what you see on your end, that would be helpful.

~ Luiggi
Bhavik P Community Member

Hi,

I had Added  Billing & payments mathod and card verification carged was deducted in my bank account but still i am not updated my membership plan.

Still viewing error of "Your payment could not be proceed".

Look at the attached screenshot 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Bhavik,

I am sorry to hear about the challenges while upgrading your membership. I suggest you contact your card issuing bank to check the available limit and permission to complete international transactions. Alternatively, you can also try using another billing method to complete the transaction.

- Pradeep

Bhavik P Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

Card verification charge was deducted in my bank so i will contact my bank. if it is any problem from bank side so bank was tell me about deduct the  card verifiaction charge. and what is the another method.

Hi Bhavik,

Thank you for your response and cooperation. Please do let us know if you need further assistance after contacting your bank and we'll surely look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths