🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: I am not able to add my payment method
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1,014 REPLIES 1,014
p_sankhyan
Community Member

Hello There,

I am not able to add my payment method before this was added successfully but when I try to buy connects it showed an error on the screen that refreshed the page there is a server issue and it was also showing a message underneath my payment card. then I removed the card and try to add it again now it showing https://prnt.sc/I-J9-HnsDEWa, As I do not have a last name so last time support team asked me to add Miss as my first name and Poonam last name I did the same but it is not adding my card. And every time whenever I try to buy Connect it always shows an error, to be honest, I am very frustrated now with this, Even though I did not get any job I don't know why and instead of earning I get a loss buy getting connects and spent them on the proposal. Please help me. I am literally very frustrated now. also, this is very very bad news for that freelancers like me who dont have enough connects and dont get job and to bid we have to spend 16 connects almost on all jobs. Its request to Upwork please help us. We love this platform.

Before payment method issue it was showing this message https://prnt.sc/gLJtlF-r4lh2

Hi! You should use same name as on your bank account and card. Disable privacy plugins and enhanced security of browser to resolve website errors.

Hello Nabeel,

My name on the card is only Poonam but when I am trying to add my name it asks for my last name. And i don't have my last name.

Hi Poonam,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your billing method. We've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello Luiggi, Thank you, I have also changed my name First and last name to Poonam as per the identity policy of name.

677507ab
Community Member

Hi I have added master card details for billing method but its not added.... I am unable to add it,I want to buy connects. Please help me.

Hi there,

It looks like you need to complete a verification first. Please check the email that our support team has sent you to complete the verification or access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
677507ab
Community Member

Hi Annie, I am facing the same issue, please help me to resolve it.

aneeqalich
Community Member

Hi guys! Hope you're all well. I use Upwork Plus, I used all my connects for bids and then tried buying the connects using my brothers card and then I found out that I cannot use anyones card on my account. What shall I do now? I have removed my brothers card now and adding mine but it's not updating. What is the way forward? please guide. 

Hi Aneeq, 

I'm sorry you're having trouble adding your billing method. Are you getting any error messages when you try adding the card? If you could share a screengrab of what you see on your end, that would be helpful.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ff8f485b
Community Member

Hi,

I had Added  Billing & payments mathod and card verification carged was deducted in my bank account but still i am not updated my membership plan.

Still viewing error of "Your payment could not be proceed".

Look at the attached screenshot 

Hi Bhavik,

I am sorry to hear about the challenges while upgrading your membership. I suggest you contact your card issuing bank to check the available limit and permission to complete international transactions. Alternatively, you can also try using another billing method to complete the transaction.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Card verification charge was deducted in my bank so i will contact my bank. if it is any problem from bank side so bank was tell me about deduct the  card verifiaction charge. and what is the another method.

Hi Bhavik,

Thank you for your response and cooperation. Please do let us know if you need further assistance after contacting your bank and we'll surely look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b2e0eae6
Community Member

Hi all ,
I have a problem with adding my visa prepaid card as a means of payment, I would like to activate the premium pack
in pj a capture of my situation

Hi Arnaud,

Generally, this happens when the bank keeps declining transactions you’re attempting on your card. Please get in touch with your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods. Don't hesitate to reach out if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
eb838d82
Community Member

Hello. I have been unable to purchase connects for weeks now and this has hindered my job search. I've tried everything I can think of, from mastercards to visa cards and dollar cards. I even went to get a new ATM card solely for the purpose of purchasing connects.

PS: The card was obtained as a method of billing and payment. But, my payment wasn't processed. I even tried paying for Freelancer Plus, and also cleared my cookies and cache based on a solution that was proferred earlier. Please help.

Don't waste time and money, get the real job.

Hi Daniel,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. Please continue coordinating with the team through the support ticket you've raised here if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
muhammadasif1984
Community Member

Hi there ,

Why i see "payment method not active" while i try to buy connects?

The same payment method i used to subscribed UpWork Plus .

thanks

Hi Muhammad,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ff8f485b
Community Member

Hi pradeed,

I was told to my bank and fix the issue of card limit for internation uses.

but still error was displayed when i click membership update.

can you solve as soon as possible.

ff8f485b_0-1692376068065.png

Thank you for following up, Bhavik. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f5a72a2c
Community Member

Hi team,

I just got a prepaid dollar master card and tried adding it to my billing but it has been declining, and i have called my bank they said i should contact Upwork .

Kindly help me address this 

Hi Dons,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
tgcodes
Community Member

Are there other payment methods for buying connects? I have been using my card but it stopped working even with the funds in it. is there a way Upwork can integrate Paypal as an alternative payment gateway?

Hi ThankGod,

There are three billing methods available to freelancers to buy Connects or pay for their membership: credit or debit card, PayPal, and your account balance. That may vary depending on the location. If PayPal isn't available in your location, you can consider using an alternate credit or debit card instead. Since your card is being declined, you may want to consult your bank about the specific decline error.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5aa586bc
Community Member

5aa586bc_0-1692733866323.png

I'm using a verified card, I'm logged into my account, I have all 3rd party cookies unblocked... Why is this happening?

Also, is there any way to disable the obnoxious debit card verification forwarding to an external site, secondly, has the deletion of support via email, and the overall abstruse freelancer support experience been reevaluated so that there's a chance things will return to normal, so freelancers don't exhaust so much time getting support, submitting tickets, etc.?

I'm trying to give Upwork my money, and the platform is the antithesis of user-friendly.

Hi AA-ron,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. Generally, this happens when the bank keeps declining transactions you’re attempting on your card. Please get in touch with your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. 

Don't hesitate to contact our support team if you need further assistance. We'll surely look into this for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
mary-ann_onosode
Community Member

Hi guys ☺️, i have been trying to buy connects with my card but it aint working. When I affix my details the 'buy connect' button doesn't respond.  I don't know how else to get help since Upwork doesn't have an email or Live chat support. 

Someone please help 🙏🙏

Hi Mary-Ann,

Thank you for reaching out, and I'm sorry if you're having trouble purchasing Connects on your account. I checked, and it looks like you have not set up any billing methods yet. Also, you don't have enough balance on your account to cover the charges.

Your billing method will be charged only when your available Upwork earnings balance is insufficient to pay for your monthly membership and Connects. You may consider adding a billing method to your account by:

1. Going to Settings > Billing & Payments
  2. Choose the Add a New Billing Method button
  3. Enter your billing information

Let us know if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cfunes
Community Member

Same issue here, were you able to fix it somehow?

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues buying connects. Please note that In order to use PayPal as a billing method on Upwork, your PayPal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments. For cases like this, a funding source is required to add PayPal as a billing method.

You should also contact your bank and ask them about the specific charge decline or use a different card. 

In case you’d like to add a different payment method, please review this article on how to add billing methods. 

Don't hesitate to let us know if you need more assistance.

~ Samuel
mary-ann_onosode
Community Member

This issue is not resolved yet. I am still unable to buy connects. I am having issues setting up my billing method because you system keeps flagging  my card details as incorrect!. 

I am so tired! What is the issues? Please kindly fix it 

Hello Mary-Ann,

I am sorry to hear that you are still facing the same issue. Can you please confirm if you are getting any error message when you try to set up the billing method using the below steps:

1. Going to Settings > Billing & Payments
  2. Choose the Add a New Billing Method button
  3. Enter your billing information

Thank you.

~ Mostafa

The error message I get is "enter valid details" for all the card sessions.  The card number and all the details I enter are valid and correct yet I still get this issue. It's really tiring and stressful. I need to buy connects and here I am without a solution.  ease help me fix this 🙏🙏

Thank you for following up, Mary-Ann. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
841095a5
Community Member

Hi team

i have issue regarding my membership plan until today I didn't receive point. The payment has been deducted from My credit  Card. Please refer as attachment billing for your reference . Im appreciate for your Assistance.

thanks

Hi Bonet Annisa,

I checked your account and saw that your membership upgrade has been successful. You may check it here. To check your Connects, please check here

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths