🐈
» Forums » Support » Fake Posts?
Page options
d697d8bf
Community Member

Fake Posts?

Can someone explain how it's OK for a client to post a job, and two days later post the EXACT same job again.
(Posted Feb 1st and again on 3rd) PLUS the client has not viewed the first posting at all!  
Upwork really needs to police this much better than it has been. It's a waste of time and connects.  
I'm done with Upwork if it doesn't improve soon.  
And what's with clients who have posted 6-8-10 jubs and never hired anyone??  Waste of time and connects. 
It seems Upwork's main purpose isn't facilitating jobs, it's selling connects.
Very disappointed.

3 REPLIES 3
2a7cffc7
Community Member

Hi, I've read somewhere on the upwork security tips and verifying of employees article in upwork, that Big companies sometimes place a job more then once in order to attract more people if their deadlines are very near in order to ensure that they meet their work demands...Before they begin the selection process. Hope this helps you...😐

atlinguist
Community Member

And if this company/employer posts identical adverts from different countries and with different budgets, then ... they are presumably so desperate that they can't even find the "invite freelancers" button. I may be old, but I'm not stupid (yet).

dsgndm
Community Member

Lately I was thinking leaving the platform... Sooooooo many posts that looking fake, sending proposals to clients with 5 stars and being in the 5 first proposals and not even had viewed the proposal... When that happened to you 15 times, you realized that the platform can earn more money from selling connects than the amount of money for each contract.

From the moment that the platform keeps a percentage of the money... the proposals should be way cheaper o being a premium member should be infinite connects.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths