🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Financial Account name change
Page options
Paul M Community Member

Financial Account name change

Hi. I recently joined upwork and changed my profile name, having mistakenly used my nickname to apply at the start. I set up a payment account but it's displaying my old name under financial account. How can this be solved?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Paul,

I checked your account, and it looks like your name change request has already been approved. For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three calendar days. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

91 REPLIES 91
Kamal K Community Member

Hi,
I want to change Financial Account Name. Please Suggest.

Thanks

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Kamal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Kiptallam T Community Member

hi, kindly i want to change my financial account , i resently applied for a job on upwork but i was told the financial account is not the same with the upwork account name 

Hi Kiptallam,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your financial name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Misti Rani K Community Member

My name change request has already been approved But my Financial annount name is not changed yet. can you help me?

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Misti Rani,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Faisal H Community Member

Was your financial account name changed?

Caroline S Community Member

Yes, one of the team members changed my financial account name after my
request was sent.

I can't find the suitable option where can I change the financial account name. Can you please change the name according to my profiile name?

Hi Faisal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you!

Mariam S Community Member

Can you please help me i want to change my Financial Account Name on my info.

Hi Mariam,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Mariam S Community Member

I want to add my paypall account on upwork because i have a different
financial account name on Mariam beridze i cannot do it. So if it is
possible to change it it would be greatly appreciated.
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Mariam,

I checked and it looks like you changed your name recently and it's already approved. If you still need to change your name you can go to Settings  Contact Info to edit your name. You can find more information here

Additionally, feel free to follow up with our team on your open ticket and they will be happy to assist you. 

~ Nikola
abdolla o Community Member

how change the Financial Account name on upwork?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Abdolla,

If you need to change your name you can go to Settings  Contact Info to edit your name. You can find more information here

Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Grosel R Community Member

Hello Nikola,

I followed the instructions on how to change names and was sucessful with it. But when I get notified on Upwork or G-mail telling me that my payment process request was sent etc. it still presents it with my old name that I used on Upwork (my pen name). I realized that my legal name had to be used on Upwork so I changed it. But it has been a while since I made that change but my financial account name is still shown as my old pen name.

Athar I Community Member

Hey nikola, 

I would like to have my financial account name to be changed. Kindly guide me through the procedure for doing this.

Thanks.

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Athar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and I was not able to replicate the issue that you're having. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies? Also, please make sure to use any of the supported browsers on this list. If the issue persists, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork
Anabel L Community Member

Delete

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Tina,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea

Delete

Delete

Andre Sebastian P Community Member

Hi Joanne, I have the same problem as Paul faced regarding the financial account name. Can you please help me to change it to what it now says on my Upwork profile? Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths