🐈
» Forums » Support » Financial transactions for my account have be...
Page options
f21098fc
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

Hello! I have recently create an account to look for work last week. After putting in my billing method, I have received 50 connects but all of a sudden I received an error stating that there was a financial hold. I did not receive any email and the support chat will not connect with anyone, it just keeps taking me to an article for community or academy. What should I do next?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Tashyra,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

217 REPLIES 217

Okay

Hi Lester,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you, looking forward to having this resolved. 

4da69013
Community Member

No matter how many times I update my billing method I get the same error message:
"We found a problem with your primary billing method and to put it on hold. Update it now."
followed by:
"Financial transactions for [MY NAME] have been limited"

I have followed all the steps suggested by the AI chatbot but it refuses to connect me to an agent and I can't find a way to submit a support ticket.

I am also currently facing this same problem, I have funded all my accounts and connected them afresh, but I am unable to withdraw my funds as my financial account has been put on hold by Upwork. I also would appreciate a solution to this. I have attached a screenshot of what I am seeing on my profile.

Hi Jihyun,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
vincentabena
Community Member

Hey , My financial account got suspended, I cannot get access to my funds. 

Can you please help me

Hi Vincent,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your Upwork account. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
ralphrhox09
Community Member

Hi PradeepH,

Good day, May I also request my account to be checked? My financial account has been put on hold and cannot withdraw my funds via Paypal. I already have added a new billing method and made it my primary but my account is still on hold till now.

Thanks,
Ralph F.

Hi Ralph,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Ralph,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3e2c185a
Community Member

Im having this error with my account but I dont know why. I tried to buy connects with my local credit cards but the payments failed (I assume bc im from Argentina) so I use another card and worked. I buy my connect and all was hapines until I saw this "Financial transactions have been limited" in my account and I cant solve it. I aldready have a valid payment method, idk why is still throwing me that message

Hi Salvador,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
rlsdan21
Community Member

why is my upwork financial account has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file even though I supplied paypal account

Hi Roldan,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it looks like your account is already restored. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know. We're here to help!

- Pradeep

Upwork
kevinvach
Community Member

I'm getting this error when trying to get paid, 4 years on Upwork and have never had any issue with payments. Is there any problem in the system today?

I'm having a similar issue, tells that there is something wrong on their end.... I'm new this is my first payment btw.

Hi Vinay Kalyan,

I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that there's no restriction, so this should not be the case. You've successfully added your preferred billing method and are now ready to use it. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Kevin,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with more information and further assistance in resolving the issue with your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5ff97a59
Community Member

Hi,

I got a message that financial transactions have been limited for my account and primary billing method put on hold, that I should check my mail or contact customer support.

I have sent a a mail but no response.

Please kindly assist to enable me buy connects and apply for jobs.

Will appreciate your quick response.

Hi Ezinne,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d901ea89
Community Member

I cant apply to jobs even though i have connects if anybody knows the fix let me know thanks.

Hi Devesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so that our team can look into this further and assist you accordingly. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e55555db
Community Member

Hi,

I got a message that "Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support." Although I added the new card details weeks ago, but still facing the same problem

Please kindly assist so that my client can be fully restroed.

Will appreciate your quick response.

Hi Zain,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3fcdd395
Community Member

I already update my billing method, and my card is not expire and confirm with my credit card bank it doesn't have any problem of it. After I bought the connects, I just can't use it.

Keep showing this sentence"We found a problem with your primary billing method and to put it on hold. Update it now."

Hi Katy,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will contact you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

未命名.jpg

I can't apply any job eventhough I have enough connects,and Im not the exclusive member

7a8a4f9b
Community Member

This is my first contract and this happened

We’ve temporarily suspended your Upwork account. Find Out More.
Financial transactions for Elizabeth Bayode (92991131) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

can't withdraw my money I didn't receive any emails saying what I dis wrong my client account to was suspended.    Not knowing what she did.  Please help fix this 

f16f9dac
Community Member

Hello Upwork,
I have an issue regarding buying connects and adding my Paypal account to my "billing and payments". When I try adding my billing method, I receive an alert saying: 

"Unfortunately, we were unable to process your transaction. Your account is being reviewed. We may need to verify your identity information. Please check your email for the detailed next steps. If you don’t hear back within 2 business days, please contact us." 
My identity has been verified and there is nothing I can do.
Please help me fix this.

Hi Samira,

Thank you for your message. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
49dcc26c
Community Member

I have an error with my account that I've been unable to resolve on my own. I attempted to purchase connects with my local credit cards, but the payments failed (I suspect due to my location in Argentina). I then used another card, which was successful. However, I'm still seeing the message "Financial transactions have been limited" in my account, and I'm still trying to figure out why. I've already added a valid payment method, so I'm unsure why this message persists. I'm relying on your expertise to help me understand and resolve this issue.

Hi Alejandra,

I'm sorry to learn you are having trouble buying Connect. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
83c3e5a8
Community Member

I have just created an account in the past 24 hours and since creating it, verifying my email address, and adding a credit card the account is restricted. Despite adding new payment methods today the account is still restricted. It's impossible to get in touch with support, I'm hoping an Upwork support agent will see this and someone will be able to assist.

Hi Leigh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
92a801a3
Community Member

I received an error yesterday saying that my primary payment method wasn't working. I went in and tried to update it to a different credit card and got a similar message. I added a third credit card. Same issue. I added PayPal. Same issue. 

I have two ongoing contracts and was in the process of hiring a third. I'm panicking because I need help. Please. What is going on and how can I fix this??

92a801a3_0-1717166483694.png

Also, I have no emails from Upwork indicating what the problem is, despite the red error message telling me I do. 

AND I have no outstanding balance. 

92a801a3_0-1717166573248.png

Hi Paige,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c24a15a8
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to withdraw my funds and was met with an unclickable button and an error message that says "your  financial account has been suspended"

Please help!

Hi Gift,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your financial account. I can see that you're already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths