🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Freelance plus subscription cancellation ...
Page options
Dishant A Community Member

Freelance plus subscription cancellation and refund

My freelance plus subscription has been auto renewed. I don't want the subscription. I want to cancel it and initiate the refund process. But to my surprise, there's no way to contact upwork's coustomer support. Is there any way upwork's support can be reached? Is this the right channel to raise a request?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Isuru H Community Member

Dear Pradeep,

I'm not complaining about the charge for the subscription, as it was my own oversight in failing to cancel the service before the next billing cycle began. Because I recognized Upwork as the best platform for freelancers, I didn’t scrutinize every detail. I might have subconsciously assumed that you wouldn’t charge me without my consent. Even if you did, I expected you to inform me in advance, allowing me reasonable time to make a decision, similar to how Canva operates as a reputable company.

The reason I am temporarily downgrading this service is not because it isn't worth the price but entirely due to the financial difficulties I am currently facing. I understand that $20 might be a small amount for some, perhaps even what you'd spend on a cup of tea, but for me, it's the money I've set aside to pay the annual service charge for my daughter's primary school. In fact, most government schools charge even less than $20.

Therefore, I kindly request a refund, as I canceled the subscription within an hour of activation without using any of the subscription features. I also informed you in this section, which was the only way I found to reach you.

Thank you very much for your kind consideration.

Sincerely,
Isuru Herath

View solution in original post

100 REPLIES 100
Jomel G Community Member

I was trying to cancel my membership 2 days before the automatic billing, but the website wouldn't let me. Not sure the exact words, but there was a message stating it's in the process of renewing membership, but it wouldn't let me click on the cancel button. I need a refund for the $14.99, cuz won't be using Upwork anymore.  I can't get a hold of LIVE SUPPORT, so hopefully someone can help me here.

Shreyas B Community Member

My freelance plus subscription has been auto renewed. I don't want the subscription. I want to cancel it and initiate the refund process. But to my surprise, there's no way to contact upwork's coustomer support. Is there any way upwork's support can be reached? Is this the right channel to raise a request? When I go my requests there is no option to create a ticket for refund. no cstomer support email, terrible service.

Please cancel my plus membershil, for which I was billed 30 minutes back. and issue a refund.

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Shreyas,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Jomel G Community Member

Hello Annie,

I don't understand.  Everyone on this thread has gotten a Moderator reply on their message the same day except me.  I posted my comment on Oct 12 and have been waiting for someone to escalate my community post to a support ticket.  Can you please help.  If you look below, you can see me message, which is the same a majority of members here.  Thanks,

Jomel

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Jomel,

We saw your post in the community and immediately converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. We sincerely apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

For future reference, A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of the Help and Support page. Thank you!

812dd08c_0-1698279616748.png

~ Arjay
Upwork
Ryan M Community Member

It's ridiculous that I've had to come to this thread to request a refund. There should be a standard process for this by now considering how many people are here doing the same thing.

I was unwell when it auto-renewed and I'd like a refund on my last bill as I no longer use UpWork.

Thank you

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Ryan,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Ryan M Community Member

Thank you.

Oleg S Community Member

Hello, Luiggi R,

I want to know if it is possible for me to cancel my Upwork plan - Freelancer Plus and get a refund?
My name is Oleg Svet and yesterday I mistakenly purchased Freelancer Plus while actually I wanted to purchase Agency Plus for my agency.

Is it possible for you to help me cancel this plan and get a refund so this time I could make a proper purchase of the Agency Plus plan.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Oleg
Moaz M Community Member

Precious E Community Member

Hi upwork team, trust you’re doing well.

I just got charged $20 + Taxes for a plus subscription although I thought that had been canceled.
I don’t have need for the upwork freelancer plus services.
I would need to get a full refund. I haven’t used any of the connects or the plus benefits yet.

Thank you.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Precious,

I've escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. One of our agents will contact you soon with more information about the charge you're referring to and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Gie G Community Member

Hi, I want a refund for the automatic credit to my account for Freelance Plus. 

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Gie,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
SODIQ O Community Member

Hi, I just got billed a couple of minutes ago for the premium membership that I had no plan on continuing for this month. I'd like a refund for this but I don't know how to contact support. 

Ref ID: 711903079

Megan W Community Member

Hi! I'm having issues cancelling and get this message: We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later.

my membership renews tomorrow but I do not want to get billed. please help 

Rommaissa L Community Member

Hello,

I want to cancel plus subscription but upwork showing an error that " we are in progress of renewal plan..." i tried many time to switch to basic with facing the same error.please help! 

Abdul M Community Member

Dear Upwork team,
I have been charged for the Frelancer plus plan automaticaly, while i had no plans to continue the plan please let me know what needs to be done in this regards? how do i get the refund?

Ivygail J Moderator

Hi Abdul,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket and shared your refund request. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Ivy
Karla Daniela G Community Member

Please read the attached picture since I don't know why Upwork is not letting me write it here due "badwords" issues, but there's no bad words, nothing harmful. I need to reach out to customer support and it seems this is the only way.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Karla,

I am sorry to hear about the charge on your Upwork account and the difficulty faced while posting in the community. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Abdul M Community Member

Dear Upwork team,
I have been charged for the Frelancer plus plan automaticaly, while i had no plans to continue the plan please let me know what needs to be done in this regards? how do i get the refund? I have Unsubscribed from the subscription.

Ivygail J Moderator

Hello Abdul,

I saw your post in the community and have shared your concern with our team. One of our agents will contact you directly via a support ticket to provide you with the necessary assistance. You can access your ticket on this page.

~Ivy
Russel v Community Member

Hi I'm not sure where to start or ask but this seems like the thread. 

I was very optimistic about getting started in the freelancing industry. I would love to continue my journey with the plus version but I've been having no luck with proposals and maybe because sending out too many proposals a day using up all the connects and extra connects is not the way to go.

Im in a financial pinch and would continue with the plus version but I cannot afford it right now. So I wuold please request a refund on RECEIPT # T737609511.

I will definitely keep using upwork because I need to bring in an income but right now it seems that this approach is not going to work for beginners to the platform for now. 

I pray and hope that a refund is possible please. thank you.

Ronna P Moderator

Hi Russel,

Thank you for your message. I have shared your post with our support team to check your request further. One of our agents will reach out to you on this support ticket to assist accordingly. 

~Ronna
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths