🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Freelance plus subscription cancellation ...
Page options
Dishant A Community Member

Freelance plus subscription cancellation and refund

My freelance plus subscription has been auto renewed. I don't want the subscription. I want to cancel it and initiate the refund process. But to my surprise, there's no way to contact upwork's coustomer support. Is there any way upwork's support can be reached? Is this the right channel to raise a request?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Isuru H Community Member

Dear Pradeep,

I'm not complaining about the charge for the subscription, as it was my own oversight in failing to cancel the service before the next billing cycle began. Because I recognized Upwork as the best platform for freelancers, I didn’t scrutinize every detail. I might have subconsciously assumed that you wouldn’t charge me without my consent. Even if you did, I expected you to inform me in advance, allowing me reasonable time to make a decision, similar to how Canva operates as a reputable company.

The reason I am temporarily downgrading this service is not because it isn't worth the price but entirely due to the financial difficulties I am currently facing. I understand that $20 might be a small amount for some, perhaps even what you'd spend on a cup of tea, but for me, it's the money I've set aside to pay the annual service charge for my daughter's primary school. In fact, most government schools charge even less than $20.

Therefore, I kindly request a refund, as I canceled the subscription within an hour of activation without using any of the subscription features. I also informed you in this section, which was the only way I found to reach you.

Thank you very much for your kind consideration.

Sincerely,
Isuru Herath

View solution in original post

100 REPLIES 100
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Isuru,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Jerome M Community Member

Hi, i would like to cancel my subscrition membership on upwork and get refunded. Because i had no time to work with upwork due to my busy schedule on work, thank you.

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Faisal T Community Member

Hi Elvan
Could you help me?
My Plus membership automatically renewed but
I want to cancel my membership and refund my money on Upwork

please this Ref Id  664936163 money back , 

ı coundt reach anywhere

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Faisal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Alaa A Community Member

Hey Upwork,

Today, Upwork deducted for Membership Plan Renewal Charges but I don't want to continue with updated plan so I want to cancel plus plan and refund 

Thanks,

Hi Alaa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Dimple C Community Member

My freelance plus subscription has been auto renewed. I don't want the subscription. I want to cancel it and initiate the refund process. But to my surprise, there's no way to contact upwork's coustomer support. Is there any way upwork's support can be reached? Is this the right channel to raise a request?
Chlor S Community Member

Hello,

I was also been charged by 14.99usd automatically for the membership billing even though i didnt want it anymore. Please help me to get a refund. I am hoping for your response. Thank you.

Ref id: 403707601689

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Chlor,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your request to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Waynezion B Community Member

Hi there,

The same case happened to me and I would like to request upwork team to refund me the $14.99 amount that has been taken from my bank. Please unsubscribe me & issue me refund on urgent base. Thank you.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Waynezion,

- Pradeep 

Maria M Community Member

Hi There,

I have been charged  $19.99 for Membership fee (Subscription Renewal Charges).

I never know that upwork will automatically take payment from my card.
And I never wanted to renew my subscription.

I don't want to get anymore connects.
And I don't want renewal of subscription.

I would request upwork team to refund me the $14.99 amount that has been taken from my bank.
Also they can take the connects from my account.
As I don;t want them.

Also I don't want any Paid subscription in future.
Please unsubscribe me & issue me refund on urgent base.
Sophie A Community Member

When you subscribe to a Plan, it means it will be renewed each month until you cancel the renewal yourself. You won't be asked for permission each month. You can go back to Freelance Basics by going into your Settings and following the steps.

sofia2008_1-1725191387855.png

Ronna P Moderator

Hi Maria,

I checked and see that you currently have an open support ticket with the handling team regarding your request. Our team will be reaching out to you directly on your ticket to assist you accordingly. 

~Ronna
Micaela Q Community Member

Hi, I want to make a refund also from my last billing in my agency plan. I remembered canceling the plan few days ago and not sure why I'm still being charged.

Hi Micaela,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Michelle M Community Member

Hi, I just got billed a couple of hours ago for the premium membership that I had no plan on continuing for this month. I'd like a refund for this but I don't know how to contact support. 

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Kent P Community Member

Hi, I just got billed a couple of hours ago for the premium membership that I had no plan on continuing for this month. I'd like a refund for this but I don't know how to contact support. 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Kent,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Vitaliy B Community Member

Hi, I just got billed a couple of hours ago for the premium membership Freelancer Plus that I had no plan on continuing for this month. I'd like a refund for this but I don't know how to contact support.

Hi Vitaliy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Andy X Community Member

Hi, I just paid for the premium membership Freelancer Plus that I had no plan on continuing for this month. I'd like a refund for this but I don't know how to contact support.

• Reference ID 525230866
  • Date Oct 27, 2022
  • Type Payment
  • Description Paid from PayPal andyxia920@gmail.com
  • Amount $14.99
Althaf C Community Member

Freelance plus subscription cancellation and refund

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths