๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Support ยป Google Sign-in not working
Page options
5a22752e
Community Member

Google Sign-in not working

I am not able to log in into my other account cause when I go and try I receive this error message when I have already used my account and posted jobs "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi AJ,

If you need help signing in to your account, weโ€™ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the โ€˜Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select โ€˜Sendโ€™. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

495 REPLIES 495
045d70f2
Community Member

Hello!

I had to create this account due to not being able to access my main account because of this. I need urgent assistance with this.

I am not able to log in to my main account cause when I go and try I receive this error message when I have already used my account "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address". Due to not being able to access my acocunt, I cannot modify that option.

Please help!

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maria Camila, 

We certainly understand your concern. However, having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's ToS. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address associated with the account you need assistance with? I'll be more than willing to check on that and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
045d70f2
Community Member

Hello Arjay, I'm not being able to send you a pm, could you please assist me with that?

Hi Maria, 

Thank you for following up. Could you please try again to send a PM? Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
045d70f2
Community Member

I wrote you a PM, but I still haven't got a response.

I need assistance, already posted on this forum but no one helped me. I cannot access my main account due to google sign in not working, I had to create this account due to not being able to contact support otherwise.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maria,

Iโ€™ve escalated your community post to a support ticket for further review. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3c083171
Community Member

Hello,

I am logged in via google email and can't access settings eventhough i am putting the right password.

How can i fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Maroun,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Maroun, can you help me as well. Our employee account got the same Google email reactivated which was connected to her upwork account. Now she sees the same error:

"You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address". Due to not being able to access my acocunt, I cannot modify that option.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Michael,

We certainly understand how you want this issue resolved immediately. However, since there's already a support ticket set up, we highly suggest you continue coordinating with the team through the email linked to your case, and they'll surely assist you accordingly. You may also access your ticket here to keep track of the progress. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
3b16aa1c
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Where, your link is for an old ticket? There is not ticket pertaining to Google Sign-In in my support tickets. Attached is proof. The only ticket in my support is for identity verification, which I have already completed done 2 days ago (as you can see from my attachment).

Again, can you show me where this ticket for Google Sign in as it? 

Hi Michael,

Apologies for the confusion. I have followed our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
3b16aa1c
Community Member

Can someone please reply my issue or ticket? I had posted a simmillar problem for our employee account on here but no one has responded.
Moderator- you merged the questions, great but can I get a solution or someone PM me to help fix our other account?

c2a71537
Community Member

I used Google sign in option to open my account, and the name on my google account is not my legal name as I am now married. I've tried editing my name since JUNE 2023..till now nothing has been done. please I need help fixing this issue so as to be able to use my account fully. I can't even fill the "Get Paid" section because of the name issue. please help!

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mary,

I see that you were able to sign in via Google sign in. It's completely fine if you have a different name on your credentials (Google account) upon logging in. Just make sure that If you are withdrawing directly to your bank account, the beneficiary name on your bank account must match your verified name on Upwork. You can access the Get Paid section and set up your preferred payment method. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f3d38eb3
Community Member

Dear UpWork,

in the past days I opened a Freelance profile (User ID cdba4cf2) using another email.
In fact, by not remembering the password and logging in with the gmail profile, I was unable to manage the creation of the new Freelance profile from the Client profile.

Is it possible to combine the two profiles under a single management email?

Greetings,
Diego Lucarini.

Hi Diego,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
4ff359e3
Community Member

Hi if you guys could help me out as well. I created this account solely to get help for my original account. Google sign in is not working. Looking forward to your response. 

Hi Reyna,

Thank you for reaching out.

I have escalated your case to our team and you will receive a support ticket from one of our agents soon to assist further. You can access your support tickets here.

Regards,

~ Johnabi
d94e26ab
Community Member

I use google login. When I try to go to Settings of my upwork account, it's asking me my account password. which is google password. I can't enter my google password in upwork. Why can't I see my own account setting? Also, there should be a way to change how we login. I want to change it to aother email id. Pls. advise.

Hi Rupali,

I'm sorry you're having trouble accessing your settings. Weโ€™ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
844bd2d6
Community Member

I canโ€™t log into my profile, it says That Google account is not recognized on Upwork. To apply I had to register a new profile, I know that is against the rules of the platform

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nik,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having trouble logging in to your account. Thank you for being well aware of Upwork's TOS. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address associated with the account you need assistance with? I'll have that reviewed and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths