๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Support ยป Google Sign-in not working
Page options
Tahir N Community Member

Google Sign-in not working

I am not able to log in into my other account cause when I go and try I receive this error message when I have already used my account and posted jobs "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi AJ,

If you need help signing in to your account, weโ€™ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the โ€˜Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select โ€˜Sendโ€™. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Thank you,

Pradeep

View solution in original post

502 REPLIES 502
Christine N Community Member

Thank you so much! Upwork support is the best I have ever encountered. Keep
up the good work!
Orest V Community Member

"Why can't I just log in with a username and password? It keeps asking me to log in through Google Mail."

Pawan V Community Member

Hello Orest V

There, both option are availble, you can use any of them to login your Upwork account. 

Upwork requires logging in through Google Mail or other third-party accounts for security purposes and to streamline the login process. If you're facing issues, you can try resetting your password or contacting Upwork support for assistance.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Orest,

If you have registered your Upwork account using 'Sign in with Google' option, you will need to use your Google credentials to log into Upwork. You can also use your Google email address and Upwork password to log in.

- Pradeep 

Rafael G Community Member

Hi community.

I am having issues adding tax information to my account. When I created my account I used google sign in, but when I wanted to add the information it asked me for my password which I never set it. When I click in forgot my password the app kicked me out. The same option if I do in the security section.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Rafael

Ronna P Moderator

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for your message. I have shared your post to a support ticket to look into this for you. The handling team will reach out to you on the ticket to assist you accordingly.

~Ronna
Hammad H Community Member

Hi, somehow my Google account is disabled, and I want to change my email address on Upwork. Unfortunately, I don't have access to my Upwork account. I have everything, like a recovery phone number and recovery email, but I don't know my security answer. Can someone please help?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Hammad,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Najla F Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to add a payment method to my account but it requires me to input my password. I don't know my password and I can't change my password using the Forgot Password button. The error says "Upwork could not locate the information needed to recover your password."

I have been using Google sign in to log in, so I don't remember ever setting up a password for Upwork. Please, I need help ASAP.

Thank you.

Mahmudul A Community Member

It sounds like you're having trouble resetting your Upwork password because you've been using Google Sign-In. Here are the steps you can take to resolve this issue:

### **Steps to Reset Your Upwork Password**:

1. **Try Using Google Sign-In**:
- Since youโ€™ve been using **Google Sign-In**, try logging in using your **Google account** credentials instead of trying to reset your Upwork password.
- Go to the [Upwork login page](https://www.upwork.com/), and click the **โ€œSign in with Googleโ€** button.

2. **Check if You Have a Password Set**:
- If youโ€™ve only been using Google Sign-In, itโ€™s possible you never set a traditional password. You can still create one.

3. **Contact Upwork Support**:
- If you're unable to log in with Google Sign-In or reset your password, you should contact **Upworkโ€™s Customer Support** for help. They can assist you in recovering your account.
- You can submit a request via the [Upwork Help Center](https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new). Be sure to provide them with your registered email, details about your issue, and explain that you've been using Google to sign in.

4. **Clear Cache & Cookies**:
- Sometimes, issues with resetting passwords or logging in can be due to your browser's cache. Clear your **browser cache and cookies**, then try again.

5. **Try a Different Browser**:
- If the problem persists, try using a different browser or device to see if it's a browser-specific issue.

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the issue and regain access to your Upwork account. Let me know if you need further help!

Najla F Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I've tried solution number 3, 4, and 5, but I still can't set my password. How do I create a password as stated in solution number 2?

Thanks

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Najla,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Matthew A Community Member

Dear Upwork - your login has failed for my other account. It keeps saying I use google oauth to login, which I don't, but it wont let me try a password to log into the account. I have tried your AI chatbot and it is completely useless. I created a new account here just to be able to reach out to support, as thre is no support email or way to contact you through my other account email address. I have freelancers that are currently hired and being paid so I need this fixed asap.

Thanks

Ronna P Moderator

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for sharing your concern. I have converted your post to a support ticket to look into this for you. The handling team will reach out to you on the ticket to assist you accordingly.

~Ronna
Prabakaran N Community Member

Hi Upwork Support,

I have encountered difficulties verifying my bank account on Upwork. I initially signed up for Upwork using my Google account. When attempting to add my bank account, I am unable to find an option to verify using Google Sign-On.Additionally, the "Forgot Password" feature indicates that my email address is connected to Google Sign-On.

Please provide guidance on how to verify my bank account information on Upwork given my existing Google account setup.

Ivygail J Moderator

Hi Prabakaran, 

I saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~Ivy
Erica Angela B Community Member

I've tried the basic troubleshooting steps sent from upwork support on how to fix this "Google account a...a@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.".

After doing it several ties, I'm still getting the same error message

Ronna P Moderator

Hi Erica,

Thank you for sharing your concern. I have converted your post to a support ticket to look into this for you. The handling team will reach out to you on the ticket to assist you accordingly.

~Ronna
Yhanie E Community Member

Hi, Im trying to get back to freelancing, I have a previous account however upon logging in, it says "continue with google button" but it does not go through my account,  I want to recover my old account please help.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Yhanie,

Weโ€™ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Gul R Community Member

Hi,

I am facing a problem while adding my billing account, the problem is that my account is not attached after trying many times.

Please tell me. why?

I also want a promo code. please can you tell me how I can get my link or provide me the link to the channels to which I subscribed and got my promo code?

Victoria F Community Member

Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 08.25.34.png

I just changed my email address and now I cannot log in on chrome. "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

I emailed the support email and apparently it's no longer supported.. please help ๐Ÿ˜ž

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Victoria,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Alessandro P Community Member

I am having this same issue!

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Alessandro,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths