🐈
» Forums » Support » How Do I Reopen Closed Account
Page options
73e482dc
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

in attempt to close my client account and keep the freelancer side of it, i closed my whole account! and i don't have a clue about how to get it back so please help me, thanks in advance.

PS: I'm using this fake account just to access this chat box.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi TK,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

687 REPLIES 687
60fe5f1a
Community Member

How would I talk to them with the old account, I have no access to it, also I do not know of a direct support email to contact upwork with.

Hi Tyler,

The team will be sending you notifications on the email associated with the account you need assistance with. Can you please confirm if you still have access to that email?

~ Arjay
Upwork
03f7cf8c
Community Member

Can you or someone help me with a similar issue please. I'm running out of options.

Hi Brandon,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the closed account?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I clicked on your name but do not see a way to send a private message.

Hi Brandon,

You should be able to send private messages now.

~Andrea
Upwork
03f7cf8c
Community Member

For some reason when I put my email (which is a shortended version of my name) I recieve the following response: "You used one of our predefined bad words. Please clean up the language and try again."

Apologies for the inconvenience, Brandon. Your account has been restored as per your request.

~Andrea
Upwork
03f7cf8c
Community Member

How? I haven't been able to send you the email for the account I have lost access to and when I try to sign in using that email address I still get the error: "Oops! Username is incorrect." The private message won't even allow me to send a screenshot of my email address and I don't feel comfortable placing that in the open forum. How can we work around this? 

Brandon, since your message was filtered we can still see it on our end. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here and via the notification sent to your email address.

~Andrea
Upwork
03f7cf8c
Community Member

I have no notifications for this request in my main email address or for the email address that I created just to get help on this forum (or in the spam folders)  and when I use the link you provided there are no requests there either.

Hi Brandon,

I can see that the team has reached out to you via email with more information and instructions on how you can proceed with an account. Could you please check your email to confirm? If so, feel free to coordinate with the team by responding if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
03f7cf8c
Community Member

Hi Arjay, Could you please private message me and tell me which email address that information was sent to because I have not recieved any such email. The only emails I have recieved are the ones related to forum badges (as can be seen in my screenshot).

Thank you.

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for your response. I did send you a PM with more information about the email sent to you by the team. Please refer to my message and we'll go from there if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
03f7cf8c
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

As noted in my private message yesterday I still have not recieved an email. Please refer to my private message.

Hi Brandon,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received the email from the team. I've submitted a follow-up to the team. We'll surely keep you posted on updates from them. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

I still have not received an email about my original post or the two support tickets I have put through.

60fe5f1a
Community Member

I still have not received anything. I have been checking my email every day.

60fe5f1a
Community Member

Still have not recieved anything from support.

Hi Tyler,

I checked and can confirm that you have already received a response from the Customer Support team directly to the email linked to your original account. Kindly check your email for more information regarding your account status.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
60fe5f1a
Community Member

There must be a mistake because my **Edited for Community Guidelines** email has nothing from upwork. This account has the only emails from upwork and they are community updates and badges. 

maybe they sent it to the wrong email?

Hi Tyler,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report again with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here . You can also view and respond to the support ticket from the email notification sent to the same email address. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I find it highly unlikely that both I and Tyler would be having rogue email issues of this nature on our side which leads me to believe that these "support emails" are failing on Upwork's side. I can get every email about a badge but can't get the one email I need to fix this issue. Also, are these support tickets that you guys keep linking us to tied to the accounts we are trying to access? If so, how would we even be able to see those since we can't access those very accounts? 

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked on this and can see that they created a support ticket that should send you a corresponding support ticket to the email address you originally wanted to restore. Right now you are looking at the emails from this email address associated with this account hence you're seeing the Community badge notifications. Please check the email address associated with the account you requested to restore.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, when I say that I've only recieved the badge emails I'm talking about across both accounts. I'm well aware that the support request should be seen in the inbox of the account I want restored. What I'm trying to tell you is that Tyler and I are clearly not an isolated issue here. He isn't getting the email and neither am I and I'm sure we've checked both inboxes incessantly at this point. I am not recieving the emails and this is clearly and Upwork issue.

Everyone keeps saying "I can confirm that you have received a response from the team to your original email"  but I keep telling you that we have not recieved that email. What will it take for you to take us seriously? At this point I'm even willing to give you access to my account just so you can confirm that we haven't recieved this email since that is what it takes for you to believe us.

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for following up and providing additional information. I would like to clarify that our agents now reached out to you via email associated with the account you are using to post here in Community. You should be able to see the email on your end now. Additionally, you can access your ticket on this page

~ Nikola
Upwork

I see nothing in the support ticket location when logged into this account. I can not log into my old account, so if there is one, I won't see it. I have checked both emails associated with Upwork accounts and neither has any correspondence about reopening my old account.

Hi Tyler,

I can confirm that you have received a response from the team to your original email. Would you please check if it maybe went to your email's junk/spam folders? Let us know so we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
60fe5f1a
Community Member

Can we confirm that the orginal email is **edited for Community Guidelines**? I checked spam, junk and regular inbox and there is no email from upwork.

Here is a screenshot of my all mail section, with the last email from upwork from 2022.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tyler, 

I'm sorry to learn that you didn't receive the email the team sent last February 5. To share what they have communicated via email, the old account has already been closed since it's been idle for some time. 

You can continue using this new account moving forward. 

~ Avery
Upwork
60fe5f1a
Community Member

ok so the old account is deleted? Can I now remake an account with the old email? Or can I delete this account and remake it as I rushed through the process just clicking randomly to get to post on here.

Hi Tyler,

Yes, the old account has been already closed. Once an email address is verified and/or linked to an Upwork account, it is already tied to that account's different credentials and it cannot be re-used even if the account is closed. Please use a new/different email address that has not been used in Upwork for the new account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
03f7cf8c
Community Member

Hello I created an account many years ago and I'm now trying to regain access. When I try to log in with my email I keep getting hit with "Oops! Username is incorrect." I sent in a ticket a last week and haven't received any guidance.  I created this new account to address the issue on this forum. Please help me sort this out as I'd like to use my original email as the main one for my upwork account.

Thanks in advance.

a7ba62c6
Community Member

I want to have a freelance account, my email is xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.com.

I created a client account instead of a freelance account. Because of this mistake I cancelled the account and now I can´t create a freelance one with the same email

Problem gets worse. I created a secondary account with email: xxxxxxx@gmail.com to see if I can just switch the email from settings, I couldn´t do it. Now I have already used my cellphone with the secondary account.
What I need is to have one freelance account: xxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.com with my phone number +52xxxxxxx

Hi Arturo,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this here in the Community. Please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple ones is a violation of Upwork's TOS. I can see that you've already raised a couple of support tickets regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
01bfd3b70317a82b
Community Member

Hello

I have accedently deleted my freelancer account when i tried to delete my client account, i have ongoing contracts and i need to finish them, i ad to creat this account to contact the support, i really need to recover my account as soon as possible because this could ruin my business.
i really really need help soon 

Hi Jean,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. If you have further questions, please feel free to update your support ticket.

But in general, you cannot close an account if there are ongoing contracts. Please try logging in to your old account.

~ AJ
Upwork
e0efc677
Community Member

I have an old account and i cant login using my gmail. it say's invalid username or email, but when im trying to signup using email, it says that my email is already registered.  

Hi Ron,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about your old account? The email address associated with it would be helpful. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f4bfd8f4
Community Member

While trying to close only the freelance account, I have apparently closed the whole account and can't login again with it. This is kind of a problem as I had messages I wanted to get back to. Is there a way to get into contact with Upwork support to reactivate my real account and close this one? Upwork Help Center does hide all options to contact a real agent. By clicking "Contact a Support Agent" I just get redirect to "help center" site. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths