🐈
» Forums » Support » How Do I Reopen Closed Account?
Page options
2fa710b9
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account?

Good day, how do you submit a ticket? I want to open my closed account (not this account) and tried with the chatbot but it keep ssaying something like technical difficulties.

My account was closed to inactivity several years back. I due hope I can retrieve/open it again, but if there's no really way to retrieve it anymore, atleast I would know and move on. Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Cinjin,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure communication channel. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.

We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
LuiggiR

Hi Cinjin,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure communication channel. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.

We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
301cf487
Community Member

Hi, i need help to resore my old account as i cannot reset my pass as i dont have anymore access to my old mail **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I have created this new upwork account only that I can contact you for old upwork account restoration. Can you please help, as it is urgent!!!

Hi Mirjana,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
301cf487
Community Member

Hi still havent got any news regarding support ticket , nobody still contacted me, nor i can see it in my tickets on upwork profile or any support ticket number, althought i know that i have opened it. Can you please help?

Hi Mirjana,

I'm sorry you haven't heard back from the team yet. We’ve followed up with them, and they will contact you via this support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b8f224b7
Community Member

Recover my account my Upwork profile attached screenshot my profile plz request.I was in the car and I forgot the email , password , my name Muhammad javed iqbal Meezan bank account **Edited for Community Guidelines** my id card number **Edited for Community Guidelines**. PayPal **Edited for Community Guidelines**

My new gmail id **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1. Go to the Upwork login page.
  2. Click on the “Forgot Password?” link.
  3. Since you mentioned you’ve also forgotten the email associated with the account, you should directly contact Upwork’s customer service for help.

Please note that you should NEVER share sensitive information like your bank account, ID card number, or PayPal details in a public or insecure manner.

To contact Upwork's customer support:

• Visit the Upwork Help Center.
  • Click on the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page.
  • Since you can’t log in, choose the option for getting help without logging in, if available, or use the general contact form.

Customer support will likely need to verify your identity, and you should be prepared to provide them with any information they require. It's important to use a secure method of communication when doing this.

For security reasons, be sure to only use the official Upwork website and contact methods for such sensitive requests. Do not attempt to resolve this through unofficial channels or third parties.

Hi Muhammad,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you with further assistance on your account recovery concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ca89e472
Community Member

I had to create this second 'personal' account to create this ticket. I have a work account under

The password that I have been using for weeks now is no longer valid. I have an open job and now am unable to contact the freelancer working on this job.

I have selected reset password but am not receiving an email to reset.

Hi Ellie,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a6c5d5db
Community Member

Recovery of account - Password error
I am trying to log into my account which I haven't used for a while. I am hoping to gain access to my account because I have past history / jobs on the account and do not want to have to go through creating a new account from scratch. 

I put in the email associated with the account to try and recover the password but when I put in a new password it gives me the message below:

"Password recovery error
Upwork could not locate the information needed to recover your password. Please try again."

When I try again nothing works. I made this new account so that I can comment in the community page with the hope that I can get some help.  

I've tried using the bot but it keeps sending me in a loop and saying that I should hold and wait for help but no help is coming. 

Hi Bilal,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e68f68b4
Community Member

I am closing my client account and keeping the freelancer account for use, But Upwork closed my whole account. I have connects in it, and I want to get it back to my ID account and connects. I have already generated a ticket ID: #47062986 from customer support and they allowed me 2 days to review it. Is my ID recovered if the ID is new and not verified? 
PS: I'm using this friend's account just to access this chat box.

Hi Muhammad, 

I shared your report with our team, and they will follow up with you on your ticket as soon as possible. Please note that sharing account information and logging into another user's account is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
jianno
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I have studied for months to get certified by Adobe for Premiere Pro. I've been trying to get verified on Upwork and finally got verified, and I have been building my profile step by step all this time. Finally, I got my first job. Now, without any notification, Upwork has closed my account. I have an active contract and need to deliver the project on time. There is no way to email or chat with a human being; the only option available is a chatbot. I don't have access to my account to create a support ticket. I'm verified, I'm certified in my niche, and they closed my account without any notification. I have my first job active but can't access my account. Today, I received a refund request from the client, and I have to respond in 7 days. How can I answer without access to my account? I'm trying to contact them via LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram, but no one responds. I have spent months and much money on equipment to become a full-time freelancer. Please help.

Locked account details:
name: Jannis Magdalianidis

Hi Jianno,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. We understand how important it is for this issue to be resolved as soon as possible. One of our agents will contact you soon to assist you further with your account concerns. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
e0e52436
Community Member

UPWORK SUPPORT

I have two accounts. The active account is attached to an email I don't want to use, but I opened it a while ago and never did anything with it. When I decided to use the Upwork site to really find work I tried to open a new account attached to my business email. The site started an account for me, and has locked in the new email on the account. However, when I get into the newer account with the right email it asked for my number and then tells me the number is already in use. 

So, essentially, I am stuck in the loop. I cannot change the email on the account I'm using becuase it says the email is in use on another account. But I can't change the email on that account to something else, so that I can change the wrong email on the account I'm using becuase I can't get past the screen asking for my number because it is also in use on another account. 

I tried to ask the chat bot to connect me with support and of course the chatbot won't do that. Even though it cannot fix my problem. AI is not a substitue for good customer service.

Hi Sarah,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
66f8ebea
Community Member

Hi I lost my Gmail because I lost my old device now I can't open my upwork account without gmail account my old account is verified account kindly help me 

Hi Muhammad,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
38afe087
Community Member

I have lost access to my previous account. A few days ago my G2FA unexpectedly quit and I lost all my data. Now there is no way I found to get back my Account. Can someone please Help me in this regard?
I am now using a new Account by filling details of the previous Account. Can it Cause some Problems?

Upwork Acc link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~016830df6e9a037949?

Hi Zain,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
adf508dd
Community Member

Hello 

As mentioned in the title I'd like to delete this account so I can add the email (my new work email) to a reactivated old account. 
I can't do this myself as I could never fully sign up (my active phone number is on the other account which i have now just gained access to). Any help would be great. 

thank you, 
Jacob. 

Hi Jacob,

I see a support ticket has been raised about your account information update concerns. I can also confirm that it's been completed. You may now log in and continue using your preferred account.  

Please visit the ticket linked to your case here for more information or further assistance. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
adf508dd
Community Member

Hello Arjay

thank you for the reply. My other account has been reactivated which is great but i still need to delete the account using this email:**Edited for Community Guidelines** . Is this possible? I'd like to use this email on the account currently using the**Edited for Community Guidelines** email address. 

Thank you, 
Jacob. 

2047cee3
Community Member

In attempt to close my client account and keep the freelancer side of it, i closed my whole account! and i don't have a clue about how to get it back so please help me, thanks in advance.

PS: I'm using this fake account just to access this chat box.

Hi Hamza,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6937c93f
Community Member

Hi everyone, I have a client account but I'm not receiving any emails from Upwork. I also forgot my account password. When I try to reset it, I don't get any emails to change the password. For now, I am using freelancer account to access the forum. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi Maryam,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths