🐈
» Forums » Support » How Do I Reopen Closed Account
Page options
Chandrakant N Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

How to restore an account closed accidently? 

Account username : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Chandrakant,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

615 REPLIES 615
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Robert, 

I can confirm Arjay is still active in the Community and you should be able to send them a private message here. If you still haven't been able to send that message to him, feel free to send the information to me and I'll be happy to help.

~Andrea
Michael I Community Member

Re-activate an accidentally closed account on email **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Prego N Community Member

Hello,

my email: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

In my settings, I tried to add a client's account to my freelancer's account and then changed my mind.

I clicked "Close My Account" and it deleted my freelancer's account, too. So I cannot log in anymore...

How do I get my freelancer's account restored?

Thanks.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Prego,

I have shared your report with the appropriate team and one of the members will be in touch via a support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page. For the time being, feel free to check this help article for more details about being a Client and a Freelancer.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Hakan O Community Member

Hello,

Two weeks ago right after I entered my password, I got a message that my password was compromised and upwork app shut down. I did virus scan with two different antiviruses but couldn't find any trace of a virus or an hacker attack. Then I needed to update my passoword to be able access my account again. But I didn't get the link to change my password. I created this account to be able to reach Upwork. I got some security questionings and eventually got a message says that I could update my password. But the link didn't work. I still don't get the link to update my password. No link in the junk mail either.  This process took two weeks. 

This is the 15th day of this problem. I check my mails day and night to see if there is a response from Upwork. I already lost all my contracts and my good clients. Weeks of work were blown away because I can't contact my clients and they had to find a new freelancer to go on. I can not reach my savings on Upwork but just wait. I am extremely disappointed. I have a very good profile and very good references in that profile, I worked hard, and tried to do my best for my clients for a little cost. I have no Idea why I am disregarded and not helped in such a long time. I am aware of my loos  but there is still my money and reputation in that account. I cannot wait idling another two weeks. Please help!  

Best 

Hakan

Hi Hakan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You will also receive a corresponding email on your original account and you can reply to the said email to communicate with our support team instead of going to the support ticket link. Once you are able to log in, you can already access your support tickets on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
Hakan O Community Member

Hello,

18 days ago I tried to change my password because of a security reason. But Upwork never sent me the link to reset my password. I tried to contact Upwork but it was almost impossible to get help without a working account. That's why I created this account.

I wanted help to restore my account from Upwork. I just needed the link to reset my password. It's been 18 days I check my mails day and night to see if there is a response from Upwork but to get a simple answer takes days and I usually doesn't get the help I need. I get several security questionings. Eventually, I got a message that they would send me a link. But that link has the same problem.  I give my mail, solve a puzzle to prove that I am not a bot, get a message that a link sent to my mail but no link is sent to my mail. No link in the junk mail either.  

Meanwhile. I already lost all my contracts and my good clients. Weeks of work were blown away because I can't contact my clients and they had to find a new freelancer to go on. I can not reach my saving on Upwork but just wait. I am extremely disappointed. I have a very good profile and very good references in that profile, I work hard, and try to do my best for my clients for a little cost.
in the end I had a problem and asked support but I feel like I am left alone. All the moderators I contacted disappeared without solving my problem.

I created several topics but they were all deleted. 
I need to update my password. I tried it maybe a hundred times but never got the mail to reset my password, and the system doesn't let me access my account without a password update. I am desperately in need of help. 

Best, 

Hakan

Hi Hakan,

I can see that you recently communicated with the team regarding your concern via a support ticket. I've submitted a follow-up and advised the team to provide an update to the email address associated with the account you wish to keep. You should be getting an update on that email once your case has been further reviewed. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Manswi C Community Member

I want to recover my closed account with another email, not this one. I accidentally closed it. Please help.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Manswi,

Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be glad to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Honey K Community Member

I signed up for the wrong account. As a freelancer instead of a client, I closed the account now it says my email is already in use when trying to make a new account and it says my email is incorrect when trying to log back in? 

Honey K Community Member

I used my friends email to sign up so i can post this

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that you can use the same account for creating a freelancer profile. Could you please send me the email address of the account that you want to recover? You can send me a PM by clicking on my name.

~ AJ
Upwork
Laxmi B Community Member

I created an upwork account years ago but never used it, and deleted my verified account *Email* I tried to create an account using my old email but couldn't so.I got error This email is already in use but my old account was already deleted. Today i created a new account with another email to contact support as there was so way to do so. Please change this account email id to my default email: *Email* or restore my old account back. Thank you.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/36532165

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Laxmi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Laxmi B Community Member

Thank you, Annie. Looking forward to it. 

S T Community Member

Hi, when i try to sign in with gmail account, the below error is given:

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.

I created a new account just to reply and ask for help with regards to this issue. Thank you!

S T Community Member

Hi, can anyone help. 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply. Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Shivam K Community Member

Hey, I am new on upWork. Today, I accidently closed my freelance account. Although It don't have any job history, i would like to restore my account.

Is this possible? Or do I need to use the one which I am currently using to communicate in this community?

Hi Shivam,

Thank you for reaching out. Yes! That can be done of course. For the time being, you can use this current account for you to communicate with the appropriate team. We first need to gather some information about your original account so that we can review and assist you accordingly. Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the email address associated with your original account? Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Just sent you the details in dm, please have a look at it.

Hey team,

I am reposting my query again as I haven't got any reply from you guys even after sending PM to one of the community moderator who asked me to do so.

Actually, I accidently deleted my Upwork account which was associated with "**Edited for Community Guidelines**" gmail account.

Can you please help me restore this account?

Hi Shivam,

I'm really sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner. I want to confirm that I did receive your message and I've already escalated your case to the appropriate team. Please expect an update on this page and on the email address associated with the account you need assistance with. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths