🐈
» Forums » Support » I'm experiencing an issue with a 'Recent char...
Page options
8206b215
Community Member

I'm experiencing an issue with a 'Recent charge failed' when trying to make a payment to hire

Hello Upwork Team, 

I've been facing an issue today where I keep getting a "Recent charge failed" error (screenshot attached below). I've tried using 2 different PayPal accounts and 3 different debit cards, which led me to believe that it's a problem with my Upwork account, as this is the first time I've encountered it on Upwork.

The payment goes through initially, and I see the transaction in my bank account/PayPal account. However, after a couple of minutes, the transaction gets "reverted".

At first, I encountered an error with "Recent charge failed." I started entering milestones with $20, intending to modify it once I sent a contract to my hiring person. However, the $20 got deducted from my account, and when I tried to modify it, I encountered the error below. I tried clicking on it multiple times but couldn't modify the milestones. In this case, I had to withdraw the offer that I wanted to give to my hiring person. When I tried creating a new offer again, I encountered the "Recent charge failed" error again.

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-03 at 9.30.18 AM.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 9.24.52 AM.png

I know these cards work because I use them daily for business expenses, and the same goes for the PayPal accounts. It's frustrating because I need to pay people. The chatbot doesn't help at all, and there's no support team at Upwork. There's no email, phone number, or chat support.

Could anybody help me, please? 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Ankit,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Ankit,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
8206b215
Community Member

I'm experiencing an issue with a 'Recent charge failed' when trying to make a payment to hire

Hello Upwork Team, 

I've been facing an issue today where I keep getting a "Recent charge failed" error (screenshot attached below). I've tried using 2 different PayPal accounts and 3 different debit cards, which led me to believe that it's a problem with my Upwork account, as this is the first time I've encountered it on Upwork.

The payment goes through initially, and I see the transaction in my bank account/PayPal account. However, after a couple of minutes, the transaction gets "reverted".

At first, I encountered an error with "Recent charge failed." I started entering milestones with $20, intending to modify it once I sent a contract to my hiring person. However, the $20 got deducted from my account, and when I tried to modify it, I encountered the error below. I tried clicking on it multiple times but couldn't modify the milestones. In this case, I had to withdraw the offer that I wanted to give to my hiring person. When I tried creating a new offer again, I encountered the "Recent charge failed" error again.

I know these cards work because I use them daily for business expenses, and the same goes for the PayPal accounts. It's frustrating because I need to pay people. The chatbot doesn't help at all, and there's no support team at Upwork. There's no email, phone number, or chat support.

Could anybody help me, please? 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Ankit, as Nikola mentioned in his reply above, your concern has been escalated via a support ticket. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths