🐈
» Forums » Support » I need my connects refunded
Page options
smartresearch
Community Member

I need my connects refunded

Good day:

I applied to a job some weeks ago for which I boosted my proposal with 18 connects. 

I found out today that the job is now closed. No one appears to have been hired for the job and I certainly had no interaction/interviews with said client.

So, why have I not been refunded the excess connects that I used for this listing?

Or am I missing somthing, such as a newfangled rule or exception regarding connects of which I'm not aware?

Some assistance by someone at Upwork would be nice.

Oh, and I'm resorting to posting this message on the forum since Upwork's virtual assistant, which was once decent and mostly worked, is basically non-existent these days and, frankly, a joke.

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear Nikola:

Thank you for your response to my enquiry.

I did check my connects history and it seems I was refuned 9 connects for the boosted bid I did for that job listing. I don't fully compute how it was 9 connects that was refunded but I'll leave it at that for now.

Also, do we still get a credit of 10 connects if a client responds to a proposal of ours? Is that still in force by Upwork?

Thank you.

Vittorio

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
f20a469c
Community Member

Typing

NikolaS

Hi Vittorio,

Thank you for reaching out to us.  If you are owed a refund of Connects, you will be refunded for the entire amount you bid, then charged the correct amount. You can always check your Connects by going to Reports > Connects History. Refunds are issued if:

• You didn’t bid enough to make the top four spots at all. You’ll be refunded the amount of Connects you boosted, but not the amount of Connects it cost to submit a proposal.
  • You earned a boosted spot temporarily, but the client never interacted with your proposal and you were bumped out of the boosted spot before the auction closed. You’ll be refunded the amount of Connects you boosted, but not the amount of Connects it cost to submit a proposal.
  • Your bid was above the fourth highest bidder. We’ll only charge you the lowest of the top four bidders and refund the rest. For example, you bid 10 Connects and the next highest bids are 8, 7 and 6. All four of you will only pay 6 Connects to have your proposal promoted. Your Connects refund will display as a refund of the full amount you bid to boost (10) and then a charge of what you owe in the end (6).
  • You bid for a job that we end up removing due to a Terms of Service violation. You’ll be refunded both the boosted Connects and the cost of submitting the proposal.

You can find more information in this help article. Could you please check your Connects History page to see if you already received a refund? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
osama_69
Community Member

Hi Nikola S, so 3 days back I submitted a proposal for a job and boosted the proposal, I was at  1st Spot. After 3 days client hired somebody else, and didnt even see my porposal because I cant see "Viewed by client" on my boosted porposal. How is this possible when i was at the top spot and client still didnt see my proposal and hired somebody else( I know this because my whole 22 boosted connects have been deducted which means i was still at top 1st position after 3 days). Dont upwork think that this boosted option is not working good for both buyers and sellers? Because i lost my 22 connects which i used for boosting and still didnt get hire cause client didnt even see my proposal even though i was at 1st spot

Boosted dont guaranteed that your proposal will be readed. Some clients ignore boosted like annoying spam.

Dear Nikola:

Thank you for your response to my enquiry.

I did check my connects history and it seems I was refuned 9 connects for the boosted bid I did for that job listing. I don't fully compute how it was 9 connects that was refunded but I'll leave it at that for now.

Also, do we still get a credit of 10 connects if a client responds to a proposal of ours? Is that still in force by Upwork?

Thank you.

Vittorio

Hi Vittorio,

Please note that we no longer award free Connects for every interview won or disclose the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. For more information, please see this Product Update

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello Luiggi:

I see. So the rest of us who are honest freelancers and didn't 'game' the system just to get connects-for-interviews have to pay for some dishonest freelancers on the platform. Nice. Typical.

I think it may have been a very convenient way of Upwork getting out of rewarding us for interviews granted. That translates niftily into more freelancers having to spend more on connects, especially those of us who took the time and effort to submit meaningful proposals that actually value to clients and the platform. You know, the actual professionals among us. 😉

c152ce7c
Community Member

Hello LuiggiR,

I applied for a job and they ask me to go to telegram, when i ask them to proceed the process here and sent the contract they refuse and the work also was something else, i report the job but i am asking how i can get my connect back.

Thanks in advance, 

Hi Linda,

Thank you for reporting the job post. The Connects will be returned to you if the job is removed for TOS violation. Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused to you.

- Pradeep

Upwork
4ff47745
Community Member

Hi Nikola, An employer falsely advertised pay rate and I found out after I  spent my connects to apply. I have screenshots of them offering a 50% decrease in pay and 75% decrease for training pay.

How can I get the connects I spent back to my account?

Hi Alicia,

Connects are returned if the client closes the job without hiring or the job is removed by Upwork for TOS violation. Please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation. This will send a flag to our team to review your report and take appropriate action. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
c152ce7c
Community Member

Hello all,

I applied for a job and they ask me to go to telegram, when i ask them to proceed the process here and sent the contract they refuse and the work also was something else, i report the job but i am asking how i can get my connect back.

Thanks in advance, 

a156c2e5
Community Member

I think it was a scam, usaully they do it for increasing their followers on their channel ( I think you were the prey)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths