🐈
» Forums » Support » IOS App Messaging Autocorrect
Page options
6f0771e8
Community Member

IOS App Messaging Autocorrect

The last two days I have been expieriencing what appears to be some crazy autocorrect malfunctions when trying to type messages in the IOS Upwork App.  It makes typing almost any word next to impossibile.  It appears to be changing valid words to mispelled words or sometimes taking the final letter of already entered valid words.

Anyone else seeing any oddities?

This is not happening in any other messaging app on my iPhone, only Upwork messaging.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I would like to let you know that we shared your reports with the team and our engineers are working as fast as possible to resolve this issue. 

We will update this thread once we have more information. 

Edited to update information. 

We would like to let you know that the issue described on this thread is now resolved. We will close this thread from further replies. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
ab519bd4
Community Member

It's happening to me too. Nearly impossible to write a message using the app. 

I should specify that I use Upwork Client app. 

It is the Upwork app I am having an issue with. 

Thank you for letting us know, Paul. We’ve also escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
242d0123
Community Member

I have the same problem; the message box just eats characters, in particular the third character in almost every word. The only way to type a message is to do it VERY slowly. Super frustrating!

please have the mobile team fix this stupid bug as soon as possible (and reach out to me if they want a video recording of the problem) - as it is, I'm having a horrible time communicating with my workers!

Hi Wouter,

I'm sorry to learn you're also experiencing this. We've shared your concern via a support ticket with the team. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
LuiggiR

Hi Ron,

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you're having and sorry for the delay in responding. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
janbijster
Community Member

I experience the same problem, using the "Upwork for clients" app v 1.59.0 on ios 17.2.0.

The problem is that when an autocorrect suggestion appears, the next keystroke will hide the suggestion but the key itself is not registered

Hi Jan,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Joanne
Upwork
fstickney
Community Member

Yeah it's a total mess, it's like the reverse of autocorrect, and it's impossible to write to anyone effectively. This needs fixing ASAP, I can't even use the app to communicate now. 

I have 2 issues at the moment. 
one is that my most recent feed doesnt show the most recent postings and if i refresh it says couldnt load page if i press on that a caouple of times then it being up the most recent posts.. 

my second issue is that i don't know if this is my fault or not but in my messages if i want to type a reply to someone it keeps predicting my work and doesnt let me type it skips letters (on my phone app) but anywhere else i don't have this problem even on the web app i don't. 
i have also deleted and reinstalled app as well as cleared cache .. still same 

Ho Helya,

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. Could you please share with us your device operating system so that we can take a closer look at your report and assist you accordingly? If you can share with us a screenshot showing the error you're getting from your end, that would be extremely helpful.

We're looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c2d4b4b0
Community Member

I have this same issue. 

When I type a message in the app, the predictive text (eg when it tries to guess what I’m trying to say and displays a potential completion of the word or phrase) completely disrupts my typing input. When that text appears, it requires another tap (ie letter input) in order to go away, before the app will recognize further typing input. So if I’m typing the phrase “thank you,” I will put in “thank y” and the “ou” will appear as a suggestion, but if I simply continue typing, the input misses the “o” that I type and only recognizes the “u” because it requires a tap to get rid of the “ou” suggestion.

That is really not conducive to actual typing considering I never use the predicted suggestion and has made it nearly impossible (and extraordinarily infuriating) to try to send any messages to my freelancers via the app.

I'm using the app on an iPhone with iOS v17.2.1. 

Hi Jane,

I'm sorry to learn about the issues you're having. I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7fcf2b0d
Community Member

Hi Arjay, 

I am on an iphone 15 ios also I don't get the error message for the news feed as much anymore but my concern still stays the same with the typing issue. I can't seem to type anymore it keeps predicting my next letter and then just doesnt type is and I end up with half written words for some reason. I have no idea how to fix it.

jaimedk
Community Member

I have been having these issues on the app as well. iPhone 11. Trying to type is very frustrating. 

Same here, I just cant type without the app deleting some of my letters 👎

I'm facing same issue, I'm using iPhone 12 Pro, IOS 17. Typing messages in mobile app are very frustrating, even it do not type english language phrases correctly. I feel very irritating to communicate with clients on mobile app.

fearless_art
Community Member

Thanks for posting this.  iOS Upwork app (Talent) user here, same issue.  In my case, the app seems to remove random characters while I type them.  For example, when attempting to type "the" the "e" disappears resulting in "th" and I have to re-type the "e" again.  This make chatting painfully slow and in most cases, I end up just waiting until I can get back to my computer.  This results in lost productivity as I could be spending that valuable time problem solving with a client.

I deleted the app and reinstalled version 1.59.0.9 and it still happens.  As OP mentioned, no other apps have this issue, it is limited to Upworks IOS app.

Upwork needs to resolve this asap - I'm losing productivity and time.

aaron_hoover
Community Member

This has yet to be fixed. Is there any update as to when this will be fixed. Like all other users, the IOS app is unusable. Even when using, the writing is so bad, that if I do not catch the error, the client thinks I can't write or know English. Probably lose at least three jobs a week because of this. Yes it is my fault for not verifying when I'm writing. When trying to have quick on-demand conversations, rather simple app flaw is incredibly inconvenient. Now I double my time by getting notifications of messages via the app and then need to login through the website on the phone. or use voice to type. I don't understand how it takes this long to remove this function via Upwork team. Should be a simple remove function, redeploy app. 

need update when it's gonna be resolved?

NikolaS

Hi All, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I would like to let you know that we shared your reports with the team and our engineers are working as fast as possible to resolve this issue. 

We will update this thread once we have more information. 

Edited to update information. 

We would like to let you know that the issue described on this thread is now resolved. We will close this thread from further replies. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

This doesn't seem like a solution. Also it's been nearly 3 weeks since the original post. For the size of the company and amount of fees collected I would have expected an app update as resolution. 

I appriciate your action, Looking forward to have this issue fix.

Thank you

unramble
Community Member

I'm also having this problem and it's making the app unusable. I need to be able to reply to my team but I have to use desktop version. I see this problem has been around for several weeks now - why has it not been resolved?

Any update on this?  It's now Mar 5th, one month after this post and even in the most recent app version, this issue persists.

685bae80
Community Member

Appreciate the mods staying in touch.  Is there any way to turn off predictive text in the meantime?  I have four ongoing projects with different freelancers and the iOS app platform messaging system is virtually unusable it's so bad.  I don't have 15 min to type out three lines so always wait until end of the day to send messages from desktop.  This is tripling the amount of time it's taking to have projects completed only messaging once or twice a day (vs staying in constant touch).  Love Upwork and the community so please take all this constructively....but this is literally hurting the Upwork bottom line as I'm waiting on starting new projects until this is fixed and it's been 1.5 months already. 

995ad1d7
Community Member

Definitely NOT a solution. I'm with Art, one month with no action is super frustrating considering how much I've supported Upwork. This situation makes the app nearly impossible to communicate - I can't use this app until it's fixed. I'll be working on new jobs through fiverr until you guys figure this out. 

922e18f7
Community Member

I am having the same issue. It's really frustrating trying to message contractors on the mobile app when autocorrect doesn't work and seems to be working against us even when typing correctly. 

brooke-kruger
Community Member

Also having the same problem here. Makes the app completely unusable for client communication. Not only does it poorly predictive text and change words - it DELETES letters from my words making me look super unprofessional. Thankfully I haven't had a message go through with these errors uncaught - but it's laborious to get the messages done and sent now. 

w_azam
Community Member

I am also having same issue since 2-3 months. Very frustrating. Please let me know if you found the solution. Thank you

w_azam
Community Member

PLEASE!! Solve this issue as i can't communicate with my clients. So frustrating. I am using iphone 11

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths