🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
Roman B Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea

View solution in original post

1,259 REPLIES 1,259
Rakib B Community Member

Totally agreed. Most client prefer ID verified freelancer over not-ID-verfied freelancer. This way a new freelancer keep bidding without any positive responce from the clients for a long time unless the freelancer get lucky somehow. This is a terrible system. 

Matt G Community Member

Hi Ahammad, 
I got the contract, but I didn't get any ID verification request. Is this a platform issue or please adivse how to move forward. Thanks!

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Matt,

You are not required to complete any verification at this time. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
LAVAKUMAR V Community Member

Dear Luiggi & Team

I would like to verify my ID. I haven't been asked for it yet though. But the problem is I can't find any link to get started.

Where can I find the ID verification link?

Moreover I have submitted proposals where in the Client is asking for registered Upwork ID which i dont have since i didn't do any verification. Also i didnt find any links to do so.

UpworkID.png

email: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

please send me how can i verify my profile else i wont be getting any project unless verified

i does make no sense to have a profile when i didnt get any project for not having a registered Upwork ID.

Please assist me

regards

Kumar Reddy

Portia D Community Member

Good day Sir!

I also experiencing the same situation. I did not see any verification settings yet about my ID. 

You mentioned that when you get a contract in Upwork, that's the time that you can have the ID verified. Does that mean that there is a possibility that I could be hired even though I am not yet verified? No payment verification nor identity verification?

Thank you!

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Portia,

Thank you for reaching out. It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

You can still apply for jobs and be hired even if you don't have the badge yet. You can confirm this by submitting a proposal.

~ AJ
Upwork
LAVAKUMAR V Community Member

Dear Annie Jane B,

i could see your reply "It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet"

But why are client's are asking for Registered Upwork Id.

I have been asked to sign an NDA aswell togeather with the Registered Upwork Id.

I Have been told by client that they provide project to Registered profile only. I have a situation here i wiill be loosing on this proposal for not having a registered Upwork ID.

Please assist me in geting a registered Upwork Id so as to provide to the client for fullfilling NDA with the client.

Regards

kumar reddy

emial: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Portia D Community Member

Thank you for the information. 😀

Esmaeil M Community Member

so thats the question, should we pay to win a contract as an unreal unverified person in this platform?

im not an interesting applicant for  clients compared to verified users.

only  for low budget and almost unverified clients.  

its unfair, it should be for anyone or for all.

please help me to make a request for identity verification feature back to the setting as it was.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Esmaeil,

I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Shakeel A Community Member

d96c51d4_0-1665654386862.png

Hi there still not opening given link

Shakeel A Community Member

I have already submitted required document since starting month but still I am waiting for the verifying prosses and also https://www.upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/  high lighted link page is not opened please check this issue 

Regards

Muhammad H Community Member

Same Issue Is Happening with me .

Andrei Christian L Community Member

Hi Upwork!

I don't have verification by ID option on my settings, I've been a member of upwork for too long and I can't see up until now. Pls help me.. 

Hi Andrei Christian,

I have checked your account and it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Daniel B Community Member

Hi Andrea,

My partner is an old member of Upwork, she requested for me to post in here since her account has been hold by Upwork. She has tried to verify her account but few months had already passed but the reviewing process is still ongoing, she also cannot submit another verification. I believe this needs to be resolved as her account has been on hold for months now.  She has her postal ID ready in case the verification needs to be done again but we need Upwork support to reply to us to resolve this matter. We have been constantly emailing Upwork but no resolution has been done until now.

Nakshatra A Community Member

Jahangir A Community Member

Hi Andrea.

I hope you are doing well.

I have iisue with ID verification.

I submitted my document more than 24 hours ago but still they are reviewing.

Can you help me out.

Thank you.

Jahangir A Community Member

Hi the Upwork community.

I hope everyone doing good.

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents"  Note: How long does this usually take? Can you fix the issue?

Thank you and regards,

Jahangir Alam.

Hi Jahangir,

Arjay here stepping in for Andrea. I can see that the team handling your concern has reached out to you with more information about the status of your account and instructions on how to resolve the issue. Feel free to coordinate with the team through this page or on your email they will surely assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Daniel B Community Member

Hi Arjay,

My partner is an old member of Upwork, she requested for me to post in here since her account has been hold by Upwork. She has tried to verify her account but few months had already passed but the reviewing process is still ongoing, she also cannot submit another verification. I believe this needs to be resolved as her account has been on hold for months now.  She has her postal ID ready in case the verification needs to be done again but we need Upwork support to reply to us to resolve this matter. We have been constantly emailing Upwork but no resolution has been done until now.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Daniel,

I'm afraid that we won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations.

Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account. If your partner needs to get in touch with the team, they may do so through the support ticket they already have with them. Alternatively, they can contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of the Upwork Help page.
~ Luiggi
Bojana K Community Member

Hi Andrea, when I opened my Upwork account recently, I verified my phone and government ID, it's all in the system, but it doesn't show on my profile page. All it shows is a section titled "military", I repeatedly opted out of this but it remains on my profile. Can you please help!

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Bojana,

By design, your verified phone number and ID won't show on your public profile page. If you're referring to the ID Verification Badge, note that this is a different verification process and you will be notified once you're required to complete it.

In addition, the section that appears as "Military Veteran" is intended for you to use in case you wish to add your Military status. This won't show on your public profile if you haven't added it. You can check this help article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Inam U Community Member

Dear, I'm also facing the same issue. But the thing that I have to understand from your reply is Upwork team asked us themselves for verification.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths