🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: ID verification
Page options
Roman B Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea

View solution in original post

1,259 REPLIES 1,259
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Paul Andrie,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Neha V Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I've been alrady completed my profile to 100% few days back and submitted it for review. It has been more than 72 hours to submitted my profile for appproval, but still I can't access the identity verification tab and due to it, I can't complete the verification from my side and cannot earn the Identity verified badge. My profile link is:  https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652bbce93adff0b

Please help me.

Thanks

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Neha,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and you do not need to complete any verification at this moment. Our team will notify you when we need you to verify your identity.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Neha V Community Member

Thanks Pardeep.

One more question. Can a client hire me now on upwork even my  upwork account is not approved?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Neha,

Thank you for your message. Yes, your client can still send an offer to your Upwork account even without a verified badge.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Neha V Community Member

And I can withdraw the payments to my bank account even my account is not verified. Right?

Hi Neha,

Yes! You can process a withdrawal on your account without having to verify your account. As Pradeep mentioned, If the team finds the need for you to verify your ID, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Asifa K Community Member

Hi,

My Government issued ID is Asifa but verified as Aisfh. I got to "Get Support " to get help but still the same exist. What should I do now? 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Asifa,

Thank you for your message. I see that your account is already verified now. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Asifa K Community Member

Hi, Pradeep,

Thank you for humble reply. 

My ID is still as Asifh. I think it can cause problems during the transaction. Kindly have a look at it.

Asifa K Community Member

My ID is issued as Asifh. But Government issued ID is Asifa. Here are some screenshot. Please have a humble look.

Thanks 

YAZAN A Community Member

I have a problem verifying the account. I did it 3 times, but the same problem. There is only one day left for verification, which is tomorrow.

We're unable to process your ID at this time. You may be able to add your ID again later.

Hi Yazan,

I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. I have reached out directly to the team handling your case and it looks like action still needs to be taken for you to complete your ID Verification. Feel free to coordinate with the team on this page and they will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
YAZAN A Community Member

it try with passport and id cart and both same problem 

We could not approve your ID for the Upwork Identity Badge

what i have to do ?

Hi Yazan,

I can see that you started coordinating with the team to complete the process in this support ticket. Please continue doing that through that single ticket so that the team can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Sarra C Community Member

Today Upwork sent me to verify my account after landing my first job. In the process, I made a mistake, I uploaded my pic instead of my NID card. What should I do now? I tried to contact Upwork but couldn't

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Sarra,

Thank you for your message. Our team will reject your submission and notify you via a support ticket if the documents do not match their requirements. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Sarra C Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

Thx for ur reply,

Please tell me when Upwork will send me the support ticket and how long does it take to verify my account again and if the process takes more than six days, will Upwork suspend my account? and if they did, will the job be cancelled? 

Thx again 

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Sarra,

If you don’t verify your identity within 7 days of notification we will place a hold on your account. The hold will prevent you from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts and we will be happy to remove it once you’ve verified your identity.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Sarra C Community Member

Hi Nicola, 

thx for ur reply 

Sarra

Ashraf Mahmoud Moh a Community Member

Greeting for all moderators anyone can help me please I have activated my Upwork account from Google account and the default account name was set in Upwork account as well. when I go to  ID verification they ask me to update my name to be as my Id  I tried to update my name in profile for more than 6 time every time I wait for 48 hr but it was not updated Kindly help

Hi Engineer,

I reached out directly to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now Verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Ricah Alyanna O Community Member

Hello! I am a college student freelancer and I am new to this application. I had my first client today but I have been notified that I need to verify my identity I don’t have any government IDs to provide. Is there any way that I could provide a verification using a birth certificate? I am only a student and it will take days for me to process documents, and my account could get hold before 7 days. I hope you can help me because I just got my first client.

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Ricah,

Thank you for reaching out. The documents we accept include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

You may check this article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
Yeasin A Community Member

My id verification option is not showing where everyone sees it

dad5e9dc_0-1669475513416.png

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths