🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
f7fdfccc
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,259 REPLIES 1,259
8b1c8ef7
Community Member

Hi upwork,

im having issues with verifying my identity 

I uploaded my ID card and a selfie, and I was told that it will take 1-3 working days to verify it

its been more than 3working days. Still not yet verified

and I got an email this morning stating that I have just 24hrs left to verify 

gong to verify I was told that my ID is being reviewed 

but they keep tell me that I have less than 24hrs

i don't know what to do again 

please I need help as I don't want my account to be suspended 

Hi Ejiroghene,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your request and one of our team members will be reaching you to request more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
3243a874
Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my documents for identity verification on Monday and it's still showing that they're reviewing my documents.

Also yesterday I got an email saying that my ID verification is past due and this morning i got another email saying that I have 24 hours to submitt my ID verification or my account will be suspended even though I went through the process a 3 days ago.

I'm very confused.

I would really appreciate an urgent response to this.

Hi Connor,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
farhana1i
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I am a new member of Upwork and I recently applied for id verification. However, it has been more than a day and my request has not been completed yet. I am concerned about the delay and would like to know if there are any issues or problems with my request.

As a new member, it is important for me to have access to all the features and opportunities on Upwork. I rely on this platform to find work as a freelancer, and not being able to access certain features due to my incomplete verification can be frustrating.

I would greatly appreciate if you could provide an update on the status of my verification and let me know if there are any delays or issues that I should be aware of. Any assistance in this matter would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Farhan Ali

Hi Farhan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have reached out directly to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now verified. You should see the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
farhana1i
Community Member

Dear Arjay,

Thank you so much for your help in getting my id verified on Upwork. I really appreciate your efforts in assisting me with this process. I am now able to access all the features and opportunities on the platform, which will be extremely helpful as I continue to find work as a freelancer.

Thank you again for your help. I am grateful for your support and assistance.

- Farhan

00b7c17e
Community Member

Dear Upwork team, I had uploaded my identity documents 4 days ago but the verification is still stuck at "we are reviewing your documents, it .ay take upto 3 business days" However it's been more than 4 days now.

Please help me!

Hi Samyak,

I reached out to the team handling your ID review and I'm pleased to inform you that it's been approved. Please see your ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
93ce408d
Community Member

I have been getting emails every day to verify my ID or else my account & new work contract will be suspended. I took a perfectly clear picture of my driver's license yesterday and when I uploaded it, it was rejected for some reason. So I tried again, then I did the selfie verification and it says they're under review. I  have no options to expedite the process (it absolutely should not take more than a few seconds) and I just got another email saying they're going to suspend my account and cancel my contract if my ID isn't verified in 24 hours! It's in Upwork's hands though - not my hands.

I'm so upset. It's impossible to actually speak to a customer service agent. Please can someone put me in touch with an actual live person? I really need help - the ID verification is not working for me, and the automated system is not addressing my needs at all. I'm so upset and frustrated...

Just reach out to get some help via emailing the support team at support@upwork.com.

Or, just take a moment to wait here, and some mediators will get in touch with you to help when they see this post. 

All of them are real human beings; it's not hard to ask them for help, so don't be upset or frustrated.

Hi Robin,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and the trouble this delay may have caused you. I reached out directly to the team handling your case and submitted a follow-up. I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your Profile as a confirmation. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ebc37508
Community Member

Hi there,

Please resolve my Identity Verification issue.

We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1-3 business days &We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day. Please resolve these issues. If I have issues in both please provide me the oportunity to once again upload both of these things. Maybe I wronly capture the Photo Of my Id card and then upload it and my visual verification is still under review.Please resolve this UPWORK.

906023e8
Community Member

Why can't my account be verified? I have entered all the information, the identification process is taking a long time!

Hi Egamberdi,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork

Hello,I've already submitted all information's regarding id verification about 2days ago still my id didn't verified yet. Today is the last date of my id verification, please verify my identity verification as soon as possible thank you.

Hi Riyad,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.
To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:
If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork
6087ebae
Community Member

Hello,I've already submitted all information's regarding id verification about 2days ago still my id didn't verified yet. Today is the last date of my id verification, please verify my identity verification as soon as possible thank you.

gassen013
Community Member

on 22 December I got a warning saying: Action required: Verify your identity by 12/28/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started.
so I uploaded a picture of my passport and took a selfie with my phone.
both my photo and passport stayed at reviewing for 3 days until today(25 December) when I checked again and found that my passport picture got rejected without telling me the reason. My selfie is still in review, so I uploaded my government ID, which is in black and white and in Arabic, and have my photo, my name, and my date of birth but doesn't have my signature, and it is still in review.
so my questions are:
why is my picture taking all this time in review(more than 3 days), when it stayed that it normally takes up to one day in review?
why did my passport picture get rejected, and why didn't I get a notification when it get rejected (I have to click the link and check by myself)?
will my government ID, which is in black and white, Arabic, and doesn't have my picture get accepted, and if not how can I delete it and upload a new ID?
why I am still getting this warning when I can't do anything about it (since my selfie and photo ID are in review)?

Hi Ghassen,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
maruf_08
Community Member

Hey, my name is Maruf Hossain I am a google ads manager and Facebook ads manager I do my face id verification 2 days ago they said if it is too much it will take one day but today it's been two days they didn't say anything same as before can anyone tell me the reason?

Hi Maruf,

I have reached out directly to the team handling your ID review. They've confirmed that your ID is now approved. Your selfie is under manual review and should be approved shortly. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3d85e846
Community Member

Hi, I've been requested to verify my ID last week so I've uploaded the passport picture and my selfie as well. 

But then today I got another reminder for the verification again and found out that there was a notice saying the you could not proceed the ID verification (no clear reason explained). So I've uploaded the same passport picture again and am waiting.

I have only two days left (until 27th) before the suspension. Please help with specific guideline or a way to solve this. 

Hi Kim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
0f6c492b
Community Member

I had first submitted my PAN Card for ID Verification but my photo in it was not clear so I was told to resubmit another government document. I have already resubmitted my other government document, passport, for ID Verification. My account will be suspended tomorrow if my ID does not get verified by today and I might loose the contract I am currently working on.

Please look into the matter and help me out with this.
fa83bc1f
Community Member

Hello, I've submitted my ID for verification almost 4 or 5 times, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take the due date is 30 Dec and today is 28 Dec. Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to hire freelancers.

Hi Muhammad,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b04ad2b6
Community Member

Hi

I submitted my ID Verification 3 or 4 days ago and it's still in-reviewing. Today I received message that my account will be suspended soon, but I can't do anything
Can you please check about that?

b04ad2b6_0-1672223601879.png

Hi An,

I have reached out directly to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
3a3240dc
Community Member

ID Verification Taking Too Long

Hello Arjay,

I'm having the same issues, I've submitted my ID for verification for about 3 days now, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. 

I need to veriify my identity by 12/30/2022 UTC, I'm afraid if this keep on any longer my account will be suspended soon. Would appreciate urgent support. Thanks.

Hi Shamel Aaron,

I'm sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner. I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case. They have sent you an email with more details and instructions on how to complete your ID Verification. Feel free to coordinate with the team by responding to their message if you have questions or need further assistance. You may also check this page for the support ticket linked to your case.

~ Arjay
Upwork
52025d2d
Community Member

Hello !

Since I created my account, I have not received any job offers and i'm afraid that it is related to the verification ID budge , and at the same time I wonder why my account was not verifided yet, i did not receive any email verification from Upwork knowing that I have completed creating my account !i wonder why i can't find the verification ID item in my builling menu ! i tried to contact upwork supprot , they sent me a link when I follow the it there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

Hi Amina,

I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
52025d2d
Community Member

Thank you for replying.

59bf712a
Community Member

Hello Upwork community!

I'am an opera singer, and vocal coach and I'am new to Upwork.

I've completed 100% my profile, but the mail for the ID Verification process, still haven't arrived. 

I wanted to ask, do I need to upgrade my profile, do I need to do something else so I can verify my profile, or I just need to wait?

Thank you in advance,

Katica

Hi Katica,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
6ff51bab
Community Member

Hello,
First of all, I would like to appreciate your continuous support. I have tried to verify my government Id 3 times. I have sent  photo of my passport. But I am not verified. Can you help me please?.
Kind regards,
Daniel Guesh

Hi Daniel,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
75f7e0f1
Community Member

Hi there, my brother accidently provided his id as my verification (he was using my laptop and he thought its his account he changed the name and verified the id on his name by mistake) I need to verify it on my name how do I do it? Kindly help me resolve this issue.

Hi Yasal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths