🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
Olatunde-Bada S Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

Hello, I'm sat here losing my mind actually.

So I had issues with my Payoneer card and my account was disabled. But I did not remove it from my Upwork. Got a message 8 days ago from Upwork that I needed to reverify. I sent my digital NATIONAL ID on my phone to verify, it was rejected three times even though I explained several times. Used Friday and Monday to process a new one at the local government building in my city and got the official national identity slip I used to verify my account in the first place. It just got rejected again. WAS told it's a photocopy that a colored one is needed. On my life I have never seen a colored version of the official national identity slip in my country. Only colored thing I know we have is the identity card itself and that takes  months to process. HELP 

How will I get color when that's the official thing here and I actually also used it to register on Every single platform I've ever needed to reg my national identity on?

Dying...

Edit: The slip is issued by the NATIONAL IDENTITY MANAGEMENT COMMISSION (NIMC), Nigeria.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Olatunde,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

655 REPLIES 655
Kalim K Community Member

in my profile ID: Verifiefaction option now showing what is the reason i need help

Ruchit Umangkumar T Community Member

Kalim K, I am assuming you have received a project so in that case, you have to verify yourself by uploading your identity proof and one selfie. It is just to ensure that you are legitimate person.

Kalim K Community Member

So what is the solution its still not showing

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Kalim,

I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Muhammad A Community Member

Hi Arjay,
I am also unable to access my ID verification option in my account, even though I resolved the verification process 2 days ago. Still, the option has not been added to my account.

64f82203_0-1679512469859.png

Sincerely 
Muhammad Asad,

Hi Muhammad,

I can see that you were able to get in contact with our Support Team regarding your concern and a couple of support tickets have been raised as well. As mentioned by one of the team members, there's no longer a restriction on your account so you can get back to using Upwork as normal. 

If you are referring to getting the profile badge, please be advised that you are not currently eligible to verify. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account. In the meantime, you can proceed in submitting proposals and start your journey toward success within the platform.

You may want to review your tickets on this page for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Edrian G Community Member

I haven't received my postal ID yet and the 7 days for my identification are about to expire, what will happen if I can't verify my identity on Upwork immediately?

Hi Edrian,

Thank you for reaching out and raising this query. If you don’t verify your identity within 7 days of notification we will place a hold on your account. The hold will prevent you from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts and we will be happy to remove it once you’ve verified your identity.

However, I have checked your account, and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. From there, you can coordinate with the team if you need further assistance to complete the process and they will surely assist you accordingly. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Waleed R Community Member

Hello, 

My name is waleed raza, I'm a Full Stack Developer and freelancer from pakistan 

I joined Upwork around few months ago and got a rising talent badge but I'm having some issues while verifying my Upwork account. There are no options available in my profile settings to verify my account, Even though I've started sending proposals to clients, it seems like they don't trust anyone unless it's a verified freelancer. So how can I verify my account and get a blue tick?

eeb79a97_0-1679510689429.png

Sincerly 

Waleed Raza 

Sarmad W Community Member

Hey Waleed!

Once you get your first contract in place, then you will be given a 7 days window to get verified. You can't verify before that. So, secure that first job. Goodluck with your freelancing career!

Mykola A Community Member

You cannot. Upwork team will contact you himself for verification when needed. Just work as-is a while and take eye for verification request.

Hi Waleed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've checked and can confirm that your account doesn't need further verification just yet. As Sarmad and Nikola mentioned, you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Jeffry O Community Member

Im new here in Upwork and I want know how to have identity check on profile.

Please help me to understand this thing. 

Thank you,

Jeffry

Shehan F Community Member

Hi Jeffry, you will have to wait for Upwork to contact you for verification. Once you get the email you could follow these steps-Log into your Upwork profile >> Settings >>  Identity Verification >> Provide a valid government-issued ID >> Complete a visual verification. 

You can read more here - https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010609234-ID-Verification-Badge

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Jeffry,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Nick P Community Member

Hello,

I am a new freelancer looking to slowly use the platform to grow my new business.

Over the last couple of weeks, I sent out 29 proposals and attached personalized video and audio, while also boosting the proposals. 

I woke up this morning to an email that I need to verify my identity and now all my proposals are archived. 

My account is verified now. Any thoughts or tips on getting my proposals out again?

Thanks! 

Ayonimofe F Community Member

Hello Nick, I must really commend you man! This is an amazing way of sending proposals, personalized video and audios.

On the otherhand, What I'd recommed is with upwork its quality not quantity.

Only bid for jobs that you have all the requirement and boot your way all to the top.

Try to locate the clients name name the section where othere freelancers drop their reviews about the client

Make sure your coverletter answers all the question in the job description

and finally add samples that are very similar to what the client wants

thats my 2 cents man

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Ayonimofe.

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Nick,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Ufuk O Community Member

I want to authenticate my Upwork account I have completed my profile, but I have not received the required email to authenticate to my email what do I need to do?

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Ufuk,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Hamza J Community Member

Greetings for the day, I have moved to UAE from Pakistan from a couple of months and I have tried to change my location a couple of times but it's not working for me.  my name Humza has changed to Hamza on my mew documents. I have a bank statement now to verify my location. I tried to verify my location with my emirates ID but that didn't work so I changed my location back to Pakistan and changed my name back to Humza. Now I have my bank statement with the exact location where I live so I have requested my name to be changed to Hamza again, I hope this does not make any problem for me. Need guidance thanks

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Hamza,

If you have the required documentation to verify your location, simply proceed with the verification process. The relevant team will contact you if there is any problem.

~ Luiggi
Murrieza R Community Member

If my account is not verified until tomorrow will it affect my ongoing contract that will start today? 

I have processed my new  Valid ID and not might be released in time. 

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Murrieza, 

It looks like you were able to file a ticket for your concern. Since this involves private information, it would be best to keep communicating with the team through your support ticket so you can be assisted further. A team member will contact you once they get to your ticket in their queue. 

~ Avery
Areeb A Community Member

Hey there,

I joined the upwork recently so, i wanted to get verified my identity for the ease of clients and to get my first job and explore more on the plateform.

But the option of verification is not visible to me. Kindly help with that.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths