🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
Olatunde-Bada S Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

Hello, I'm sat here losing my mind actually.

So I had issues with my Payoneer card and my account was disabled. But I did not remove it from my Upwork. Got a message 8 days ago from Upwork that I needed to reverify. I sent my digital NATIONAL ID on my phone to verify, it was rejected three times even though I explained several times. Used Friday and Monday to process a new one at the local government building in my city and got the official national identity slip I used to verify my account in the first place. It just got rejected again. WAS told it's a photocopy that a colored one is needed. On my life I have never seen a colored version of the official national identity slip in my country. Only colored thing I know we have is the identity card itself and that takes  months to process. HELP 

How will I get color when that's the official thing here and I actually also used it to register on Every single platform I've ever needed to reg my national identity on?

Dying...

Edit: The slip is issued by the NATIONAL IDENTITY MANAGEMENT COMMISSION (NIMC), Nigeria.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Olatunde,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

655 REPLIES 655
Vaneza R Community Member

Oh, I see. Im new to upwork like I signed up 1month ago. Thank you so much for answering my question. 

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Vaneza,

I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Sameer M Community Member

Hello Everyone, I hope this finds you well, I'm facing a issue for my ID verification
suppose my name is XYZ and my father Name is ABC XYZ. But my name on my bank acount is XYZ S/O ABC XYZ However my name on my national Identity card is also just XYZ not XYZ S/O ABC XYZ. Due to this I'm facing ID verification Issue. How I can contact to support and resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance

Hi Sameer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your report directly to the team handling your case and they confirmed that there's no restriction on your account. You can now use your account as normal. You will surely be notified by the team if there's still further action that needs to be taken on your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Alex S Community Member

I've tried to upload my ID/Driver's License in optimal conditions following the exact Upwork guidelines and the verification process keeps failing and has redirected me to contact support - there is no direct support! Can an Upwork team member please assist?

Hi Alexander,

I've reached out directly to the team handling the review and one of the members will be in contact with more information about the status of your ID Verification. Don't hesitate to communicate with the team if you have questions or need further assistance and they will surely assist you accordingly. You may also check this page for the ticket linked to your case.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Michelle B Community Member

Did anyone else get an e-mail about re-verifying their identity on their account? I want to ensure that it's legitimate and not a phishing e-mail. Thank you.

Mykola A Community Member

Someone always doing verification. You can contact support is it real request or phishing. Not via link from eml.

Michelle B Community Member

Did that; only thing I got was a response asking if I needed to report another user. 🤷🏽‍:female_sign:

Shivani A Community Member

i think they forget to update as because they msg that we get back to you
but i think its been 25 days and they didn't get time to reply back, as
becoming a big company they even didn't care about the persons work on
their website by which they are getting paid as if freelancer will not work
on this platform how they will earn and at least as per remark they need to
reply back, as from 25 days i am also waiting for reply for id
verification but they don't have time for us
Yenz C Community Member

Hi,

May I follow up again as I have not yet asked to verify my identity, and I've been using Upwork for this past 4 months now and yet I still can't verify my identity nor I receive a notification to have my identity verified.

Thank you

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Yenz,

Thank you for your message. I have checked your account and it doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Our team will reach out to you if there is a need for any verification in the future. Account verification process cannot be requested at the moment. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Shivani A Community Member

i think they forget to update as because they msg that we get back to you but i think its been 25 days and they didn't get time to reply back, as becoming a big company they even didn't care about the persons work on their website by which they are getting paid as if freelancer will not work on this platform how they will earn and at least as per remark they need to reply back, as from 25 days i am also waiting for reply for id verification but they don't have time for us

Alex K Community Member

Hey there, I'm facing a similar issue, at the moment looking forward to the Support Agent to reply, as my profile says that all of the submitted verification documents are approved, but I still can't access the "Apply the proposal" feature. And can't resume my work and I can't access live chat - that's a really big issue. Because I do not even know how long I should wait at this point - since it's been 4 days since I created the ticket and I didn't receive any response since. And all of the new tickets I try to create are getting "closed" by the other support agents, even though the tickets are for different issues. Really frustrating, because I would love to connect with the support agent asap. 

Please advise on what should I do now?

Hi Alex,

I totally understand your frustration and how you want this issue resolved immediately. However, I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. You can access your support tickets here and coordinate with the team on this page and they will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Saba H Community Member

As my current profile picture is different from my ID photo. 

Can i change my profile picture before ID verification?

Peter Z Community Member

Please I'll like to know why I can't find the account verification option on my page. Checked through many samples online and saw that many have the option, but following the process, I did not see any in my account. How do I get this fixed? I want to make sure I submit all relevant documents.

Mykola A Community Member

You cannot initiate it. Start working right now. Upwork will contact you for verification later, when needed.

Yuri G Community Member

Hello,

I'm trying to get help from the Support team, and 92 hours ago they said that will contact me during next 24-48 hours, but I haven't got any answer. I tried to contact them again 2 days ago and today, but no results. My acconct will be suspended in two days in they will not contact me. I have opened contracts and I want to avoid problem with them.

The main problem is Upwork asked me again to reverify my location, but I can't do that because I have verified relocation and now my ID location is not the same as my physical location. I know that at least one of my Upwork collegues fased the same issue and it looks like an algorithm issue.

That's why I heed help from support, but they ignore my requests.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Yuri,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Yuri G Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for the help, the team contacted me and shared some information, but I need such fast help one more time in the same ticket, after that, we could resolve the issue in the usual flow, but at this moment, could you please ping the team one more last time to answer as soon as possible, thank you!

John Gabrielle B Community Member

Hi, I really need help on how to get an ID badge verified 😥. It seems that the page is no longer exist and could not upload my information to get verified as soon as possible. Is there a way for me to get verified here in upwork? 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi John,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Onibi A Community Member

Hello Pradeep.

Please I was told to reverify and I have submitted my ID for re-verification but it has not been approved yet. Normally these take minutes and at most hours in the past but it's taking too long now. Please help me look into it.

Onibi A Community Member

Hello.
I was told to reverify and I have submitted my ID for re-verification but it has not been approved yet. Normally these take minutes and at most hours in the past but it's taking too long now. Please help me look into it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths