🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
Olatunde-Bada S Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

Hello, I'm sat here losing my mind actually.

So I had issues with my Payoneer card and my account was disabled. But I did not remove it from my Upwork. Got a message 8 days ago from Upwork that I needed to reverify. I sent my digital NATIONAL ID on my phone to verify, it was rejected three times even though I explained several times. Used Friday and Monday to process a new one at the local government building in my city and got the official national identity slip I used to verify my account in the first place. It just got rejected again. WAS told it's a photocopy that a colored one is needed. On my life I have never seen a colored version of the official national identity slip in my country. Only colored thing I know we have is the identity card itself and that takes  months to process. HELP 

How will I get color when that's the official thing here and I actually also used it to register on Every single platform I've ever needed to reg my national identity on?

Dying...

Edit: The slip is issued by the NATIONAL IDENTITY MANAGEMENT COMMISSION (NIMC), Nigeria.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Olatunde,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

655 REPLIES 655
Sophie A Community Member

What software? 

Upwork will tell you when it is time to validate your ID. You cannot request it.

Dmytro L Community Member

Hi Sophie,

Thank you for your reply. Someone says me I can get the "Identity Verification" menu after first order. Does it mean after get and complete first job?

Upwork will advise you around that moment.

For now, you should concentrate on learning how the platform works by reading the main article at the top of the following post and read all the links.

Solved: Re: To all freelancers looking for help - Page 27 - Upwork Community

Thank you very much, Sophie.

Hi Zain,
Thank you for your kind message. I followed your instructions, but I could not find "Identity Verification" subsection in the left menu. How can I get it?

Upwork will give you the option to verify your ID when they decide you need to verify your ID. Wait for Upwork's email. You cannot ask for that option.

Zain A Community Member

"After receiving your first order on Upwork, you may receive an email requesting required documents for verification. It is important to provide the requested documents in a timely manner to ensure a smooth verification process, and to continue submitting proposals with confidence. Best of luck!"

Gouri N Community Member

Hi I'm new to Upwork,  I can't see "ID Verification" in my Account settings. Can someone help/guide  me to visible "ID verification" ? 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Gouri,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Shahzad A Community Member

Dear Upwork support team,

I am writing to inquire about the delay in my ID verification process. I received a message indicating that my ID verification is pending and that it may take up to 3 business days to complete.

I understand that ID verification is necessary for security purposes and to prevent fraud on the platform. However, I would like to know the reason for the delay and if there are any issues with my submitted documents.

I appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to your prompt response.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Shahzad,

I'd like to clarify that there is no delay, as that is the expected time frame for the review to be completed. You may want to check this page to learn more about the verification process. 

~ Luiggi
Shahzad A Community Member

Is there any issue? Will the ID be approved within 3 days?"

Hi Shahzad,

Please wait for our team to review your information. Should they need more information, you'll receive an email with details on what you need to do to get your identity verified.

~ AJ
Upwork
Jannat I Community Member

Hello there

I am new to upwork and I have completed my profile

I am trying to verify my identity but my settings dont show any id verification section

Please help me and guide on this

Waiting for the response

Here are some screenshorts from my settings

962dea6a_0-1681026915856.png962dea6a_1-1681027110425.png

Clark S Community Member

Follow up to my original post: The Upwork Moderators have stated in the recent past that verification cannot be requested, so the link I posted probably will not work.

Shehroz S Community Member

Hi, Jannat, 

You raised a great question!

To verify yourself and get a blue tick on your profile besides your image. You need to complete 1 or 2 projects with any client. Once you complete the project, you will receive a notification to verify your identity. I'm a new freelancer on Upwork but did some research on it and find this as a solution. 

I hope it will help you.

Thanks,

Imran S Community Member

Hi,

I got an ID verification email that is missing place, and also not showing any notification in my account.

Is there anyone know how I can verify my account now?

Thanks.

Hi Imran,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork
Justin B Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I am writing to follow up on the issue of my suspended account. As requested, I tried to verify my ID with my driving license, which has all the required information including my name, date of birth, photo, and expiration date. However, I have been unsuccessful in verifying my identity through this method as Upwork has been unable to reach out to me.

I understand that Upwork requires a government-issued ID, but as I have just turned 18 this year, I do not own any other form of government-issued ID at the moment. I used my driving license when I signed up for this profile, and I request that Upwork accepts it as my ID and releases my profile.

I created two tickets for this issue, but they were both solved without resolving my problem. I believe that bots are rejecting my ID, and I urge the Upwork team to pay attention to this matter and resolve my issue. My driving license has all the required information, and I am willing to provide additional proof of my identity through a live video call.

I understand that I will receive a government-issued ID in a few weeks, and I will provide that as soon as possible. In the meantime, I request that Upwork accepts my driving license as my only form of ID and releases my account. It has been 14 days since I first contacted Upwork about this issue, and I am eager to resolve it so that I can withdraw funds and start new jobs with my clients.

I appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards, Justin Budnt

Hi Justin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you did not pass the verification but our team sent you an email with instructions on how you can resubmit your information. Please feel free to respond to your support ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
Justin B Community Member

Hy Annie
Thanks for reaching out. 
The issue is that the Upwork team rejected my Driver's license two times. My driver's license has my photo+Dob+Expiry date + Name. But they keep rejecting it. And in the mail, they mention some instructions which I'm following already. So instead of repeating the same thing from the past 3 weeks. Can someone reach out to me and do the verification, please? 

Rima R Community Member

This is Rima,

I want to verify my upwork profile but there is no option. Any one can help me ?

Hi Rima,

~ AJ
Upwork
Andi K Community Member

Hello, My name is Andi Karuniawan. I'm new freelancer on upwork. I want to ask, How can i get id verification? Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths