🐈
» Forums » Support » ID Verification
Page options
Trisha Mae P Community Member

Identity Verification

Why can't I see the option for identity verification in my profile settings on Upwork, I have already completed my profile on Upwork, but still cannot see the option for identity verification, what should I do to ensure that my identity is properly verified and being able to access all of the features and benefits of the platform? I need help please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Trisha Mae,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,030 REPLIES 1,030
Ignacio A Community Member

Hello I hope you are well.
I want to verify my Upwork account to have a better chance of getting my first client and the option does not appear nor do I have any notification to do so. Could you help me?. Thank you so much

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Jorge,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Ignacio A Community Member

Thank you very much for the information!

Shoaib A Community Member

Basically My account got blocked without any reason and now I got mail you have 7 days to do ID government verification But I applied for ID Card and it will come after 20 Days can you extend the time of verification please.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Shoaib,

I am sorry to hear about the block placed on your account. I can see that you're already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Shoaib A Community Member

Yes but they give me 7 days time for verification i need help in extend time 20 days

Pradeep H Moderator

I am unable to extend the time for verification from my end. As you are already in touch with the concerned team, please ask them to assist you with this matter.

- Pradeep

Kubilay Cenk K Community Member

Hi,

I recently got my first contract project and immediately asked to verify my ID. I did upload my passport and took a selfie as instructed. It looks like I am still awaiting approval but I need to withdraw my funds and apply for other projects. Could you please check the status of my verification?

Thanks in advance!

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Kubilay,

I see that the documents were uploaded earlier today. Please allow 1 business day for the team to review and update your account. 

- Pradeep

Alia A Community Member

Hello. I changed my name from Alia Khan to Alia Asghar as it is the same name on my id card. But the name is updated on my profile but when I try adding id card for verification it is showing old name Alia Khan instead of Alia Asghar. Hence verification is unsuccessful . Please help. I am in contact with potential client I don’t want to loose my account.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Aliaa,

I can see that you're already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Alia A Community Member

Thank you for your reply but this is the difficulty I am facing. I am not receiving any response yet and it has been more than 48 hours. My account is on hold while I am in touch with potential client. Can you please resolve my issue from your end? Thank you

Victoria S Community Member

How do you use 8-12 connects to bid for simple task you can get done in an hour or two for $5-10?

Just ridiculous!!!

Mykola A Community Member

12-16 now.

Saw only one for 8.

Victoria S Community Member

There are several task like that on upwork especially virtual assistance

Afrifa E Community Member

I have a pending issue ongoing and it concerns my location verification.

Currently in Budapest but I'm Ghanaian. I provided my Visa but was not accepted.
I wonder if my bank statement and apartment contract would be accepted.
I am renewing my residence permit and I have been given a paper one for the time being.
Can I present that too?

Hi Afrifa,

I see that the team has emailed you with more information about the status of your ID verification and further instructions on how to clear the issue. Please don't hesitate to coordinate by responding to the email so the team can assist you more efficiently. You may also access your ticket on this page for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Achmad Q Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I have already completed my profile on Upwork, but I cannot see the option for identity verification, what should I do to ensure that my identity is properly verified and being able to access all of the features and benefits of the platform?

By the way, I also have certified, testimonials, and a good portfolio, please I need your help to fix my problem. Thanks

Nirja S Community Member

I am waiting for the identity verification. I am not sure if the selfie i uploaded was correctly captured, also it does not give me an option to resubmit the photo. Just says the verification is in progress.

Awaiting response from the experts here

Hi Nirja,

I looked closer at your ID Verification status and can confirm that it's been verified. You can now see the ID Verified badge on your profile to validate the review taken on your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Alia A Community Member

d9605dcb_0-1692394905408.png

d9605dcb_1-1692394938713.png

As you can see my profile name is updated but not there when I try to verify my identity. On the previous email from support they asked me to provide id which matched name Alia Khan to which I responded my name is updated on profile to Alia Asghar but not there for verification. Please advise Pradeep. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Also, my account won't get blocked right? as I am still in contact with support team?

John Lavern S Community Member

Hi! I'm looking forward to receive funds from my first contract. The problem is, my account is currently unverified and I need help with it. I already submitted my selfie and ID. I currently am suffering from vertigo and just have Philhealth ID and Barangay ID on hand. I'll hope you'll consider my request.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi John,

I can see that you were recently notified of your current account status via a support ticket. You can access your ticket here; kindly refer to it for more information and don't hesitate to follow up with the team if you have questions. 

~ Luiggi
Antonio S Community Member

Almost 4days since i verify my account

What's the problem of my account?

Please help

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Antonio,

The team recently notified you of the failed attempt at verifying the ID you supplied in this support ticket, and I can see that you resubmitted your ID as requested. Kindly allow more time for the review to be complete; the team will contact you directly if more information is needed

~ Luiggi
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths