๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Support ยป Identity Verification
Page options
Trisha Mae P Community Member

Identity Verification

Why can't I see the option for identity verification in my profile settings on Upwork, I have already completed my profile on Upwork, but still cannot see the option for identity verification, what should I do to ensure that my identity is properly verified and being able to access all of the features and benefits of the platform? I need help please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Trisha Mae,

If you are eligible or required to receive an โ€œIdentity Verifiedโ€ badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If thatโ€™s the case, and youโ€™re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,030 REPLIES 1,030
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Dinh Quang H Community Member

Hi there,

Somehow I cannot find the Identity (ID) verification on my account setting, how can I verify my Identity?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Huy,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Muhammed Furkan A Community Member

I've been trying to verify my id card. I have upload my id card in jpg format. But after several hours it says something like "we are unable to review your id card. Meybe you can try later". Man I will get paid a few days later but if i can't get this id verification problem over, my account will be blocked by tomorrow. PLEASE HELP ME. i am about to go crazy:)))))))))

Update: they say they can't accept my id card because of my profile photo. My profile photo doesn't meet the Upwork requirements. I've been tried to change my profile photo but at the same time it says you cant change it unless you do not verify your id card. When I try to change verify my id then they say your profile picture is not suitable. What a loop huh:/

Hi Furkan,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties verifying your ID. I can see that you're already in contact with one of our team members, and a support ticket has been raised for your concern. We suggest you continue coordinating with the team through this ticket here so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Francis Kyle N Community Member

Hi! I have a problem I am student and don't have valid ID and I send an School Id and then I read that student Id is not allowed. how can I solve this problem or Is it okay to have a Video call to an agent so I will be verified? Can you give me another solutions to get me verified. I have only 2 days and my account will be hold.

Hi Francis Kyle,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you've already reached out to our support team and raised a couple of support tickets with your concern. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to further review and you will be getting an update on this page once done.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Solomon Residuo P Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

I am seeking guidance on updating my Upwork account to reflect my dual nationality and full legal name accurately. I have nationalities from Iraq and Georgia, with different names on each passport. Additionally, there is an age difference between my Iraqi passport and my actual age due to sports reasons. Furthermore, I will be relocating to Canada in six months.

I would appreciate your assistance in answering the following questions:

- What is the procedure for changing my full name and re-verification?
- What documents do I need to provide?
- How should I re-verify my location when I am in Canada?
- Can I use my Canadian ID to re-verify?

Thank you for your help and insights.
Best regards.

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Solomon,

Weโ€™ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Onuruddho G Community Member

Hi
In my ID my name "Anuruddho Ghosh" but all over the place I used "Onuruddho Ghosh
My personal website, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other freelancing platforms I used "Onuruddho Ghosh"
People know me by this name. I can show you my previous video editing work which I did for my clients, in the video details they write "Video Credit - Onuruddho Ghosh"

Last thing if you just search this word "onuruddho" on Google you will see my all profiles and work.

Hope you can understand my problem 
Now If I apply for identity Verification can I get a verification batch?

Hi Onuruddho,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Once youโ€™re asked to verify your identity, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork
Bede U Community Member

I need an identity verification badge but I can't see identity verification in my profile settings. I have been using upwork for over 6 months and i still havent gotten any jobs i think this is why

Hi Bede,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Shaziya D Community Member

I have been waiting for a response but nothing has changed and nobody from Upwork is reaching back to me. What should I do?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Shaziya,

I'm sorry about the delay in updating your verification status. I've followed up with the relevant team on our end, and they'll be checking your account shortly. If there's any additional step you need to take, we'll be sure to follow up with you directly. 

~ Luiggi
Saranga D Community Member

Hi! I'm from Sri Lanka and new to Upwork. I'd like to know how to withdraw money.in the tax info tab i have been asked to fill *tax identification number*. here sri lanka i have have a buissnes to get th TIN number so im seeking help immedietly 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Saranga,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and I see that you have already updated your TIN number. You will need to verify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Click here to get started with the ID verification process.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Mohsin M Community Member

My Dear Friends,

It was finally the best decision of my life that I left my job and began working as a freelancer on Upwork. It has been 40 days since I made the ID, but I cannot see any option for ID verification. Is there anyone who can assist me? I am new to Upwork. Wish me the best of luck as well.

Mykola A Community Member

Work as-is. You will be asked for verification later.

Muhammad S Community Member

Sir whenever you get your first contract or hired for work you will be asked for ID verification. So keep calm and struggle to win jobs.

safdar
Muhammad Farooq A Community Member

Hi,

I have created my upwork ID in last year but still waiting for Id verification. Just because of that as new unverified freelancer no one is trusting us to assigning project. I have submitted so many proposals but none of them viewed by clients so I get depressed that its really a big hurdle for all new comers. So, please suggest some solutions that how can we overcome on it. Otherwise we have to try on another platform.

You cannot initiate it. Work as-is.

Muhammad Farooq A Community Member

I know but how much time they took for it

In many cases you will be asked for verification after received first money.

Grant S Community Member

Hello,

I have faced a problem similar to many people in this forum. My ID has not been verified for about 3 days now. I reached out to customer support and I still have not received any sort of verification. I am waiting for the KYC to process, and normally KYC verifications are very quick. I was hoping this issue could be resolved so that I can begin to use my account. 

FFF6E92A-60B4-4E4A-9651-5C6A120D796E.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths