๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Support ยป Identity Verification
Page options
Trisha Mae P Community Member

Identity Verification

Why can't I see the option for identity verification in my profile settings on Upwork, I have already completed my profile on Upwork, but still cannot see the option for identity verification, what should I do to ensure that my identity is properly verified and being able to access all of the features and benefits of the platform? I need help please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Trisha Mae,

If you are eligible or required to receive an โ€œIdentity Verifiedโ€ badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If thatโ€™s the case, and youโ€™re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,030 REPLIES 1,030
Roshan R Community Member

Thank you for the information.

John Michael L Community Member

Hi everyone and Good Day,
I'm a newbie I want to verify my identity, but it can show the Identity Verification in upwork setting.

Can anyone help me, please?

Naveed A Community Member

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi John,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Naveed S Community Member

Hi All,

There is no Verification option in my profile

Jeremiah C Community Member

Hi Naveed,

Upwork has removed that Identity Verification with documents from the onboarding process. Just go ahead and finish setting up your profile to 100%. Then set up a payment method to withdraw your funds after providing your Tax Identification number.

Just hope this helps

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Naveed,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi

I upgraded my plan but still no option, I want to verify my account to get the orders Fast

Sophie A Community Member

You cannot request verification. Upwork will contact you when they want to verify your account.

When they will contact me & how can I ask to Upwork that I want to verify 

Sophie A Community Member

You cannot ask. Upwork decides when they verify you.

Thanks!

When they will contact & how can I ask to the Upwork that I want to verify 

Hassan Y Community Member

I just opened the client account two days ago, and my account went on know your customer verification, However, I have a verified profile, and I gave all the verification proof when I got my first order. But now my account is on the ID verification process for the last two days, I contact the support team, and opened a ticket also but now I am feeling helpless, what to do? Can anyone help me with what should I do that the Upwork team will complete my verification process

I feel like I did wrong to open a client account, due to which my even freelancer account is on verification.

Please guide me, what should I do now?

Hi Hassan,

I checked your account and can confirm that your ID has been verified. You should now be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Arjav, I am getting the message at top and its still coming

Some of your services are temporarily on hold.

We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Hassan,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Hello Pradeep,

My client account is already closed by the technical support team, But I am still getting a notification of "Know Your Customer" on my freelancer account. Which is already verified. can you please guide me how to complete the know-your-customer verification of my freelancer account?

Thank You

Regards,
Hassan Younas

Hi Hassan,

I see that you've been coordinating with the team via a support ticket about your concern. We suggest you continue doing that through this ticket so that the team can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

A gentle reminder, please refrain from posting or creating several tickets with the same concern so that the team handling your case can assist you accordingly. We seek your patience and understanding while we sort this out for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Its been now more then 48 hours but my issue is still not resolved

Lydia O Community Member

Honestly, now this verification process is taking too long.๐Ÿ˜ญ

They marked my ticket as solved when it's not. I tried to verify again through the magic link they provide, but no one has responded. Am I ever going get REAL help, or am I just wasting my time and energy on something that will never be?

What happens if I don't get helped at all?

What happens if my account doesn't get reinstated? 

Will I lose my money, the one I earned from the other account that brought this problem?

If, say, you don't want to help because, maybe you don't want anything to do with me, then why can't you just let me have my hard-earned money and close my freelancer account?

I'm already giving up on this. If only there were still good people (people with heart and who feel other people's pain), someone who can personally look into this issue and work out a solution.

But is there this kind of person on Upwork? I don't know for sure.

In the previous email, they explained why the verification didn't pass, and requested me to submit another document (a bank statement) for review. I did that yesterday. So now what?

Thank you a million times for whoever will take my problem seriously and help find a solution to it.

Orville F Community Member

Hello

I'm inadvertently created client account but suppose to create a freelancer however I cannot do in on my end. Tried it several time. Can someone please help me fix my account?

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Orville,

You can create a freelance profile using your current account. To learn more about how to do this, kindly check this help article.

~ AJ
Upwork
Muhammad S Community Member

I am writing to address the issue regarding my account being placed on hold due to identity verification. I have followed the necessary steps and submitted the required documents in order to complete the verification process, but unfortunately, I am facing some difficulties.

Initially, I successfully submitted my identification card, which was approved without any issues. Following that, I proceeded to complete the live video call verification with one of your agent. During the call, I provided all the necessary information and ensured that my face was clearly visible for verification purpose.

However, I recently received an email stating that the person in the government-issued ID card did not bear a resemblance to the person depicted in the profile picture, nor resemble the person who completed the video verification. I want to assure you that it was indeed me, the same person depicted on the ID card, who participated in the video verification process and in the profile picture. I know that there is some difference in appearance between the picture on my ID card and my current appearance. I would like to explain that my ID card was issued three years ago, and it is natural for there to be slight variations in physical appearance over time.

In an effort to address this discrepancy, I promptly submitted additional documents that includes my recent educational records, to further verify my identity. Nevertheless, I have received another email requesting additional documents issued by the government, such as a passport or driving license as they don't accept those type that I submit. Regrettably, I do not possess either of these documents at the moment.

Please help me to verify my identity 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Muhammad,

I understand you need to complete your verification process but I can see that the team reached out to you about updating your profile photo since your current photo is not a portrait of yourself. Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, must be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Please check this article for more information on updating your profile photo. You may also refer to your support ticket here

~ Luiggi
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths