๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Support ยป Identity Verification
Page options
Trisha Mae P Community Member

Identity Verification

Why can't I see the option for identity verification in my profile settings on Upwork, I have already completed my profile on Upwork, but still cannot see the option for identity verification, what should I do to ensure that my identity is properly verified and being able to access all of the features and benefits of the platform? I need help please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Trisha Mae,

If you are eligible or required to receive an โ€œIdentity Verifiedโ€ badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If thatโ€™s the case, and youโ€™re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,030 REPLIES 1,030
Shahriaz K Community Member

I'm from Bangladesh and I'm living in Malaysia right now. I've submitted all the documents I could but they arent being accepted. I tried submitting my I-Kad, Passport and residence fees but nothing is working. Can I get a solution to this?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Shahriaz,

Thank you for your message. I see that your account is already verified now.

- Pradeep

Shahriaz K Community Member

Thats because i've changed my location to Bangladesh and the documents i've submitted are from Bangladesh too but I'm living in Malaysia. I have added my paypal account as a withdrawal method. Will i be able to withdraw money from it if it gets activated?

Ruth S Moderator

Hi Shahriaz, Weโ€™ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

Here's the ticket link that you can monitor for updates.  Thank you.

~ Ruth
Ylli P Community Member

Hello Mostafa 
I'm yet to receive assistance on my issue. Can you take action ?

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Yili,

Our support team has already reached out to you. Please check your email or access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths