🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
Audun N Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

- Pradeep

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538
Ojo A Community Member

I have tried multiple times to verify my identity using my passport but I keep getting an email saying "We have reviewed your submission for ID verification. Unfortunately, you submitted a document that cannot be accepted."

I've tried verifying multiple times and want to request a manual identity review but I don't know how. Help!

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ojo,

I am sorry to hear about the challenges while verifying your account. I checked your account and can confirm that your document was rejected due to an unacceptable document. Please refer to this help page to check the list of acceptable documents and try again. Feel free to respond to the same notification sent to your registered email address if you have further questions. 

- Pradeep

Mst J Community Member

when I want to accept a job offer, the accept button is grayed out. why is this happening?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Mst,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you need to verify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started here.

~ Nikola
Amanda C Community Member

Hello Nikola,

Is there a way to upload front/back images of my driver's license? The app does not recognize the bar code on the back of my license so I'm unable to complete the verification process. Thank you.

Akinniyi O Community Member

Hi upwork,

I did an ID verification which I submitted all required documents and went through all processes yet it was Unsuccessful. What could be the reason?

Can I go through the process again?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Akinniyi,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and can confirm that your previous submission has been rejected. You can try again by uploading your documents from the Settings page. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Akinniyi O Community Member

I am stucked on this page. It keep taking me back to this page even when I have scanned the QR code, I have also tried the SMS path but It's not going past this stage.

What could be wrong?

Andrea H Community Member

Hi, I'm new to Upwork and I just succesfully sent for verification both a photo of my ID and the required selfie. 

Minutes later, I have received a notification that my authetication failed, without any explanation whatoever. What might be the problem and how to fix it? 

Thanks.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

- Pradeep

Andrea H Community Member

Thank you, it is indeed working now!

Andrii T Community Member

Hello, Dear Upwork community.

I needed to pass through the Identity verification processes.

It was a list of the steps I needed to pass.

Now, I am on the last stage.

Upwork gave me the requirements to invite my two agency members as Upwork Agency Members.

I am more than happy to do that.

I need to upgrade to the Agency Plan plan in order to invite members to my Agency.

I can not upgrade my plan since my Agency is blocked.

My great Friend and support guy Chris by mistake has unblocked temporary my Freelancer profile for me to be able to invite my Agency members. But that is mistake. Since my Agency profile needs to be temporary unblocked instead. So I will be able to complete my action.

If I will not do that by April 8, I will be blocked.

And that is a HUGE issue. Since last 8 years and I was building my business together with Upwork and I am relying on Upwork for 100 percent.

My Clients are complaining a lot I am blocked for 14 days now.

I am Top Rated and Experted Vatted freelancer.

Upwork wrote an article about me
https://www.upwork.com/resources/leading-voices/building-community-earning-income-wartime
My annual revenue is about 150 K.

My goal now to speed up the process and escalate question to appropriate team for me to finish my Identity verification on type.

Please check attached screenshots.

Please help Upwork!

I plan to stay with you for 20 years.

Andrew

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Andrii,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your account and I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

- Pradeep

Memo K Community Member

Hey all,

I uploaded my government issued ID. It didn't give me any status. When I logged back on a couple of hours later, it is still the same status. I am not sure what's going on. It says: 

"Show us a government-issued photo ID

We'll check that the country where your ID is from matches the country in your profile."

So, I did it again yesterday. I am still getting the same status. 

What is going on? 

2364d4bf_0-1712232268218.png

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Memo,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Evelyn G Community Member

Can you please help me on verfication i can't verify identification thank you

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Evelyn,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page. Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further.

~ Nikola
Jane M Community Member

To verify my ID, I'm trying to take a picture of my USA driver's license. I've followed all the suggestions (lighting, dark background, etc), yet I get an error, "We can't find the 4 corners of your document".  After several tries, the Upwork app allows me to take the picture myself, however, then I get the error, "We couldn't recognize your document".

I'm using a valid MN Real ID. What can I do?

Thank you.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Jane,

I see that you've raised a support ticket about your ID verification concerns. I've submitted a follow-up to the team handling the review to give this the attention it deserves. Once your case and account are thoroughly reviewed, please expect an update from one of the team members on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Daniel G Community Member

Hi,

Everytime I try to make a proposal for a job, it says I need to do Identity Review. I have done this 5 times in the last week! Nothing every changes and I never receive any emails providing further information.

I have successfully submitted front and back of my Connecticut US driver's license each time.

Please help me to complete this review process.

Thank You.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Daniel,

I took a closer look at your profile and confirmed that your ID has been verified. To validate this, you can now see the ID Verified badge on your profile. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Azowad A Community Member

I just got my first job on Upwork. Right after that, I got an alert for Identification Verification. I uploaded my NID Card photos. But got rejected every time. The last time I got an email saying, "We have reviewed your submission for ID verification. Unfortunately, you submitted a document that cannot be accepted." I had no issues regarding verification using my National ID card but found a great problem here. After working for several hours I realized my entire payment could be held due to this process. What should I do? I feel terrible at Upwork support. There is no live chat support here and get no reply through their token. If I get other problems than my job regularly, what is the point of working on Upwork? I am super frustrated about it.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Azowad,

I checked your account and saw you've already followed up on your ticket. Please refrain from creating several tickets. This ensures that everything is in one place and that our team can efficiently assist you. The team has provided you with information about what documents are acceptable. One of the important notes on the ticket they sent was that you make sure the ID is a valid government-issued photo ID (not a digital copy, expired or temporary). Please follow the instructions on your ticket to resubmit and complete the ID verification process successfully. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Anthony H Community Member

Hey,
How's it going?
I just got started on Upwork. I went through the process to get my Upwork profile verified and got it done. But after checking it out, Upwork told me to put up a new picture for my profile. So, I uploaded a clearer one. What's the next step for me?
Thanks,
Anthony

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Anthony,

I checked with our verification team, who confirmed that your ID-verified badge has already been added to your profile. You may log into your account to check.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths