🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
Audun N Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

- Pradeep

View solution in original post

2,538 REPLIES 2,538
Sajan S Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding the verification process for my Upwork account.

I recently attempted to verify my account, but I encountered an issue with the verification options available. Specifically, I did not see the option to verify my account using a government ID, which seems to be a standard verification method for many users.

As account verification is essential for me to access certain features and opportunities on Upwork, I kindly request your assistance in resolving this matter. Could you please guide me on how to proceed with the verification process, ensuring that I have access to all available verification options, including the government ID option?

I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and thank you in advance for your assistance. Please let me know if you require any further information from my end to resolve this issue.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Sajan,

Thank you for your interest in verifying your account. I checked and it doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. 

- Pradeep

Vaughan C Community Member

Hi, I am Vaughan from New Zealand and I'm having trouble verifying my account ID, as it's failed several times. Any idea what could be causing this?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Vaughan,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while verifying your account. I checked your account and can confirm that your previous submission was rejected due an unclear image. You can re-upload a clear image of your documents from the Settings page.

- Pradeep

Deepanshu G Community Member

I'm feeling utterly disheartened and at a loss for words. Despite my best efforts, the system seems utterly unwilling to recognize the document I've painstakingly tried to submit. Time and again, I've attempted to capture the perfect image, only to have my hopes dashed as the recognition process fails repeatedly.

It's as if my efforts are being met with indifference, leaving me with a sense of frustration and helplessness. While the system does accept the photo, it's the recognition part that seems to be the insurmountable hurdle.

Each failed attempt chips away at my resolve, leaving me feeling increasingly defeated. It's a humbling experience, to say the least, to be faced with such technological barriers.

I'm reaching out in a state of desperation, desperately in need of guidance and support. If there's any alternative method or workaround available, I would be immensely grateful. This situation has left me feeling deeply saddened and overwhelmed, and I'm in dire need of assistance.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Deepanshu,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble faced by you while verifying your account. I understand your frustration caused by the issue with recognizing your documents. I checked and it appears that you are previous submission was rejected for uploading a photocopy of your ID document. Please upload a clear photo of the actual colored ID document without cropping the edges of your document. You can upload your documents again from the Settings page.

- Pradeep

Deepanshu G Community Member

I'm genuinely baffled by the response I've received regarding the document I've submitted. While I understand the importance of ensuring authenticity, it seems there's a misunderstanding regarding the nature of the document itself.

The Aadhaar card, by its very design, comes in black and white format. This isn't a photocopy; it's the original and only format in which the document is issued. It's disheartening to encounter this roadblock, especially when I'm trying my utmost to comply with the verification process.

I assure you that the document I've submitted is indeed the original Aadhaar card, as issued by the authorities. Its black and white presentation is not indicative of a photocopy but rather a characteristic of the document itself.

I kindly request your understanding and assistance in resolving this matter. If there are additional steps I need to take or alternative methods available to verify my identity, I'm more than willing to comply. Your guidance and support in overcoming this obstacle would be immensely appreciated.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Deepanshu,

I'm sorry you're having difficulties verifying your ID. I can see that you've contacted our support team and raised a support ticket about your ID verification concerns. The team has responded with more information and instructions in resolving the issue.

Please don't hesitate to coordinate with the review team by responding to the email linked to your case; they'll gladly assist. You may also visit your ticket here for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Chintal R Community Member

Hi, I am Chintal from India and I'm having trouble verifying my account ID, as it's failed several times. Any idea what could be causing this?

Nafees Z Community Member

Can you share the reason Upwork provided?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Chintal,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and I see that our team is unable to complete the verification due to an unacceptable profile picture on your Upwork account. Could you please update your profile photo that clearly show your face and is not a long shot image? 

- Pradeep

Akramul Hasan R Community Member

hello, I changed my profile picture and my account name following the community standads but upwork is still unable to verify my govt issued photo id card.  I'd really apreciate the help in this situation. THANKS!

Timothee D Community Member

Hello, 

I tried, at least 10 times to verify my identity without any success...

I'm in France (maybe that's why). But with my passport it doesn't recognize it at all and with my ID it takes the picture but then I'm stuck at a checking country thing...

Capture d’écran 2024-04-12 104316.png

And it's been like this for days... I can't apply to new jobs untill my identity is verified...

Thank you for your help.

Timothée

Nafees Z Community Member

Hi,

In my opinion passport does not work for verification. Add the same address which is on your government ID in your profile + submit your national government ID photo. It will be approved instantly.

Mustafa Y Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to verify my identity everytime it fails to verify automatically. Then, it accepts an id photo to be checked by human. However, i went through it three times but still get not verified. I dont know what is failing, can someone real provide me a feedback ? How should i proceed ?

Best,

Mustafa

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Mustafa,

I'm sorry that you were having trouble with the verification process. Upon checking with the relevant team, I can confirm that your account has been successfully verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Czarina C Community Member

Hi, hoping for an immediate response/assistance as the offer is urgent.

I am unable to click on the Accept Offer button from a proposal. I tried refreshing the page, opening Upwork on a different browser, and even opening Upwork on phone but nothing worked. I also notified the employer but they mentioned that there was no notification from Upwork on their end. 

This is my first time receiving a job offer.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Za,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Nao M Community Member

Hello.
I am having the exact same problem with her.
Can you please help me?

Muhammad S Community Member

I am writing to request your help. 

I have been told by Upwork to verify ID. I tried manytimes in the last 15 days, however, my ID couldn't verify due to unknown reasons. 

Please someone help as someone wants to send me a project which is impossible without my ID verification. 

Please someone help.

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Shabir,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with more information and further assistance in completing your ID verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Nahian Ahmed R Community Member

I have submitted my information multiple times but it's still under review for weeks. Not received any mails for manual review either. Is there any specific issues that I'm missing? I would be grateful if someone can help me. 

Hi Nahian Ahmed,

I reached out directly to the team handling the review, and they confirmed that your ID has been verified. You can now see the ID verified badge on your profile to validate the action taken on your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Muaz B Community Member

hey there it has been four days since i last submitted my identity review and still I am not verified and also i cannot apply for a job this is unacceptable its killling my time to make money for you and for me too. pls fix this issue as soon as possible. thanks 

Hi Muaz,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths