🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Inapplicable job search results; outdated...
Page options
Amanda S Community Member

Inapplicable job search results; outdated documentation

Hello. I'm a voice over artist with a job search feed that is increasingly showing job posting results that have nothing to do with the "voice talent" profile I have. Is there a way to make results display more accurately?

I get a lot of copywriting and customer service representative posts, but also videographer, video editor, spokesperson, and actor--whether I sort by best matches or most recent. But it's actually "most recent" that works best for voice talent, as the related jobs are overwhelmingly short-term projects and cleints are looking for delivery within 1 - 3 days.

I do go back and forth between "most recent" and typing "voice over" in the field because, interstingly, applicable results may be on one but not the other, but lately "most recent" has too many things that don't apply to me.

I have not searched using any terms related to the results that don't apply to me.

Related support documentation seems outdated. I found a post from 2021 where a moderator linked to this: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063078-Search-for-Jobs . The advanced search option... seesm to no longer be an option--not for me, anyway, that I can see.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14
Lahlooh M Community Member

Hello Amanda, 

Your profile looks very good, if looked at by a customer, he/she shouldn't think too much to hire. 

As I understood, you are trying to apply for matched jobs, but you don't get them shown at the jobs feed, which could be due to lack of projects. But, still you can show your profile on Linkedin to attract companies to hire you. 

I guess support (special in domain) can help in this regard. Good Luck!

Thank you! So, if there aren't that many relevant matches posted by clients then Upwork puts things in there that don't apply to your profile?

Antun M Community Member

Make your own searches, save them.
In "My Feed" tab place what you want. There you will have option to edit saved searches.

First step is to create those:

Go to search tab, type whatever you want, and SAVE that search.

Other tabs will update accordingly when "they" have enough data about your work and what you like to work on.
25 jobs probably isn't enough for that.

Thank you. 3/4 of whats come of the "my feed" has nothing to do with my saved searches. My 25 jobs have all been for voice talent; I think that should indicate that I'm looking for nothing other than those posts?

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Amanda, 

The jobs on "My Feed" are now based on the filters of your Saved Search. This means that when you search for jobs and save them, our system will remember the criteria you've chosen and will try to suggest the nearest jobs you've saved and searched. However, if there is none saved, it will be based on your categories. I highly suggest you start manually searching and saving projects from time to time. However, we would like to set your expectation that the effect will not be immediate as it also takes some time to fetch the results.

As for advanced search, on your Find Work page, click on the "magnifying glass" icon beside the search field. This will lead you to this page. You will see two things on this page, the "Advanced search" option just underneath the search field and the "Save search" button. 

I hope this helps. 

~ Avery

Hello, Avery, and thank you!

The only jobs that have been saved for a while now are specific to voice overs, although it doesn't seem to help display applicable results in the main feed.

What categories are you refering to? I only need one, I'm pretty sure.

Advanced search still seems to bring up unrelated results, even ones that don't have any of the search terms.

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Amanda,

Please know Avery was referring to saving the search itself, could you please confirm if you've tried that as well?

~Andrea

Thank you. Then the first attachment applies. If I save that search then I'll get inapplicable results, just like the first displayed in the results list. Maybe I am searching wrong?

Do clients post to specific job categories?

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Amanda,

Yes, clients can choose the right category for their job posts. It can help freelancers with relevant skills to find their posts and submit a proposal. You can check this article to learn more about the different job categories and specializations available for clients to choose from on Upwork.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thank you for clarifying that. It's interesting that I can choose "voice talent" as a specialized profile, yet there's no associated category for clients to post in!

My job feed seems to be even worse today: DJ, audio trascription, selfie spokesperson, logo creation, video production, podcast production.... That last one's close, but in general it's all over the place.

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Amanda, 

I'm not sure what you mean, but Voice Talent can be found by clients under the Design & Creative Category, as shown in the article Arjay sent. 

I did check your job feed today and found that some of the results are relevant to you already. I have also checked some of your saved searches and see that relevant results are listed. As I mentioned in my previous post, once you search keywords, the results may take a while to update. 

If you come across any issues, please let us know so that our team can assist you further.

~ Avery

Hello, Avery!

Thank you for checking my feed. My results used to be more relavant. Having more than some relavant, and more like most, would be great. It really is moving in the opposite direction, making it harder and far more time consuming to find matches. How do I get it to do what it was doing a couple of weeks + ago?

Hi Avery! How can I make any of my job feeds only display what buyers post in "voice talent" and nothing else?

As a follow up, since it has been a while, "my feed" is still roughly 3/4 not applicable to my saved searches.

I just thought I'd update this. Nothing has changed. I still get a lot, sometimes mostly, irrelavant results. The same thing happens to another voice talent that I network with on here who has had twice as many jobs. Neither of us can seem to find a way to get only 'voice talent' posts in our feeds.

We could submit proposals for jobs outside of our skill set, but something tells me that there are plenty of freelancers on here who are more qualified and clients might not so much appreciate it if we did.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths