🐈
» Forums » Support » Know Your Customer
Page options
d277beaa
Community Member

Know Your Customer

Hi all, I recently created an agency account. I haven't added anybody, but as soon as I created it, I am being shown this notification.
'''
We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

'''

So, kindly help me with this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Khurram, 

I want to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us confirm that a user's identity is legitimate and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. In this case, the team is reviewing your account as part of our Know Your Customer (KYC) Identity Information process. Although it may seem that the methods are the same, they are for different purposes. 

If it has been more than 48-hours and your account is still being reviewed, you can come back here or contact the Customer Support Team directly to be assisted further. 
How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

649 REPLIES 649

I just got a note that the issue was resolved but now i get the below error on my account:

jpukshansky_0-1700509272939.png

This seems to be the only place that i can get attention for a solution. please help.

this issue is still unresolved and i'm a month without work now. who is it i'm supposed to "Contact" when the 48 hours of the KYC Warning are up and your message says "Contact us"?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jesse,

We sincerely apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. We'll have one of the team members update your ticket with more information and further assistance regarding your account status. Please expect that update on your active ticket and email momentarily.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1ba59dde
Community Member

Hi, 

I am getting this message sonce last 4 days "We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support." However the issue should have been resolved in 48 hours. The problem is when i added my payment mehtod, i got the message that my name on bank account and name on ID does not match. The Sur name was missing on my Bank Account details and later i added my other bank account which matched exactly with my ID. Now can anyone please tell me when my this issue will be resolved ?

Regards, 

Syed Awais 

Hi Syed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, 

Its been 9 days since this issue and it still persists. I have worte many times on my complain but not reply. Please support at your earlist possible. 

Regards, 

Awais 

Hi Syed,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your support request. I have followed up with the team handling your request. One of our team members will review your case and respond to you as soon as possible. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Annie! I am also experiencing the same. If anyone could help me, it would be great. I submitted a ticket to Upwork Customer Support but it has been a week and the KYC assessment is still up on mine. Thanks.

Hi Carah,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. I already followed up with the team so they can update you on the status of your support ticket. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team can assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie! My KYC is approved but my services remains on hold. If you could look this through, I'll be very grateful. 

Hi Carah,

I checked with our team and they have confirmed that the hold on your account has been lifted. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
44490f79
Community Member

so basically it has been more than 3 days since I completed my KYC but still it says my account is on hold and it will be fixed within 48 Hour

Hi Mahmud,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

My KYC not Approved I contact support still no result more than a week 

Hi Mahmud,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've followed up with the team working on your review and they'll be getting back to you soon.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
oladimeji_peter
Community Member

Hi support, I had an identity verification issue leading to the suspension of my account. it has now been rectified as I have been able to adduce the relevant documents for review. The ban has now been lifted and location + identity verification now resolved.

However, I still have the caption "You are unable to complete ID Verification due to a suspension on your account. Check your email to review the status of your suspension.showing in my account, and while I understand that my account is back to normal, the caption makes for a scary sight. 

Cheers, (and God bless!) 

/Peter O. 

Hi Peter,

I see that you have one of our team members has already resolved the issue and notified the same via a support ticket. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Very true Pradeep. Thanks for your swift response, and enjoy the rest of your day. 

God bless! : ) 

7fc26ed1
Community Member

Subject: Agency + Client Account KYC Verification Exceeding 48 Hours

Hello Support Team and Forum Members,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out regarding an issue with the KYC (Know Your Customer) verification process for my agency and client accounts, which seems to be taking longer than expected.

It has been over 48 hours since we submitted all the requested documents for our KYC verification. As per the standard procedure mentioned on your platform, this process usually takes up to 48 hours. However, our account status still shows "Under KYC Review".

I understand that there can be unexpected delays sometimes, but it has started to impact our operations. Can anyone provide some insights about why this might be happening? Are there any ongoing issues with the KYC verification process that we should be aware of?

I would greatly appreciate it if someone from the support team could look into this matter and provide us with an update. We are eager to move forward and start using your platform fully.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best Regards,

Denise M

Agency: inter-soft

Hi Denise,

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. I've reached out and submitted a follow-up to the team handling the review. Kindly allow them 24 hours to take a closer look at your submission and you will get an update on the status of your KYC verification once it's been thoroughly reviewed. We genuinely appreciate your patience and utmost understanding.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7fc26ed1
Community Member

Thank you Arjay, now the info has been approved but the financial account of my agency is still block when I have submitted 2 functionning payment method and all required payment methods.

Looking forward to your reply,

Best regards,

Denise M

Hi Denise,

I see that you have a declined card on your account. Please remove the card with a declined status and add an active card to restore your Upwork account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep, on my Inter-soft agency account- both paying methods are accepted, yet I still get this notification: We are the agency Inter-sfot Ecommerce experts

7fc26ed1_0-1701445235165.png

Hi Denise,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2ce6d8d1
Community Member

Some of your services are temporarily on hold.

We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

It's been 4 days and my account is still on hold. Please help me fix this immediately. I can't work and withdraw my earnings since my account is on hold. 

Hi Avril,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your account and it looks like our team has already reached out to you with information on why your account has been restricted. Please check your email or access your support tickets here. Kindly coordinate with our team so they can assist you in restoring your access.

~ AJ
Upwork
mujahidkhan20
Community Member

I had my account verified before but i got the verification Notification again.

mujahidkhan20_0-1701940824276.png

But that's not the issue because when i contacted the customer support they said

After a thorough examination of your account, it appears that you've been prompted to verify your identity again for verification purposes and update your information. Please be assured that in certain instances, it is standard to request identity verification even if you have completed the process previously."

i am having issue with the "Full Name" because of the Primary payment method.

They told me to add your own primary payment method with my details i had this issue cleared before my first verification. 

But know i am facing the same issue again and it's been 10 days but no one is responding me back.

Hello Mujahid,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hey Pradeep,

Glat to hear that. 

Just one more thing it won't effect my account right i can keep working right?

ce95dfe7
Community Member

A while ago I made some job posts on Upwork, but my account was suspended. I had to go through the personal verification process, but by the time I was verified, I had already hired on Fiverr.

Almost three weeks ago, I created another job post, and my account was suspended again for a KYC review. I have been back and forth with Upwork since, but they haven't gotten back to me in almost a week, and I am not able to speak to anyone by chat because I have a ticket open even though they stopped replying to me.

They said I needed to verify my company details, but the link they sent me didn't work. I'm just redirected to a page for getting started as a freelancer. https://www.upwork.com/nx/create-profile/

Am I able to hire based on my personal verification and without company verification?

Hi Edward,

We apologize for any delays. We've followed up with the team handling your verification. One of our agents will review it and update you directly.

~ Joanne
Upwork
88845fdd
Community Member

Hi . I'm a new worker from China. 

I add a withdraw method, and the passport for validae. But not any feedback, and  My account is holding over for 80 hrs. I dont't know what's going to happend?

Please help to see how Can i solve the problem?

截屏2023-12-11 11.45.27.png

Hi Jinguo,

Thank you for your message. As suggested in the error message on the screenshot, our team is in the process of completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. Please 24-48 hours for the team to update your account. Feel free message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
rockeyboy135
Community Member

Dear Upwork Community,

I'm facing a critical issue with my Upwork account (Account No.): limited financial transactions. I've tried contacting support but haven't received any response. This situation is impacting my livelihood, and I urgently need your guidance or advice.

If anyone can shed light on this or assist me, please respond. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Haseeb Ur Rehman Mughal
Upwork Freelancer (Account: xxxxxxx)

Hello Haseeb,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

- Pradeep

Upwork
cf6c357f
Community Member

Hi everyone. I'm a top-rated freelancer but my services were put on hold as the Upwork team is conducting a KYC assessment on my account. The problem is it's been a week now, and I need to withraw my hard-earned money for an emergency. I submitted  a ticket last week and I hope this issue gets fixed as soon as possible. Have you experienced this problem too? And how fast did this get resolved?

Hi Carah,

Thank you for contacting us about your account issue. I am happy to inform you that we have successfully restored your account and updated you via a support ticket. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we appreciate your patience and cooperation.

- Pradeep

Upwork
06ea7c09
Community Member

It's been over 48 hours, and I have the following issue on my account.

"We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support."

I have already submitted my Govt  ID card front Picture I need assistance on this don't know how to proceed further.

Hi Salman,

~ AJ
Upwork
9f395534
Community Member

IMG-20231221-WA0000.jpg

Hi Upwork Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing with deep disappointment and frustration regarding a recent experience on the platform.

I invited a prospective client to Upwork to award me a children's book illustration project, which was a significant opportunity for me. Unfortunately, my client has been unable to complete the identity verification process for several days, resulting in the loss of the project.

This situation is disheartening as it not only affects my professional standing but also reflects poorly on Upwork's ability to facilitate smooth transactions. I have reached out to Upwork support, but the delay persists.

I urge the Upwork community and support team to address these verification issues promptly to ensure that freelancers and clients can collaborate seamlessly without such setbacks.

Thank you for your attention, and I hope we can collectively work towards improving this aspect of the platform.

Sincerely,

Hafeez R.

☹️☹️☹️

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths