🐈
» Forums » Support » Labor Theft (help)
Page options
6fe701f3
Community Member

Labor Theft (help)

A client said that he actually collected information as a freelancer and copied my profile. 

I've seen three cartoonish portraits. I applied and was selected for an interview. So far everything is normal.
The customer said he would prepare a contract. In the next step, the customer shared an article like this:
''Thank you so much for you time. I in fact am a freelancer like you and I am undercover as a client to gather some intel on profiles and proposal covers. Now you can kindly **bleep** off. As I have copied your profile already. Thanks👍''

I do not want to be harmed by this theft of labor. What can I do?

Will my portfolio or articles appear on another profile?

Can upwork detect and remove this client and freelancer profile?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
6fe701f3
Community Member

he continued to write.
''Take a look at this. I have your profile data copied and your profile will now be sold to different customers who are struggling in creating profiles for upwork or many other platforms. It's a renovative way of earning money kid.''

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

PradeepH

Hi Ayturan,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a client. I will forward your report to the relevant team to review the client's activity and take appropriate action. Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for that. I'm glad to hear. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths