🐈
» Forums » Support » Locked Private Profile
Page options
Waheed K Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Jean Peter,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

865 REPLIES 865
Fabian U Community Member

That's great

Fabian U Community Member

I understand that process, thanks.

David S Community Member

I am also having this issue:
"You can't turn on this badge because your profile is set to private or unavailable."

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi David,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Raluca O Community Member

Hi, my profile has been set to private because I haven't used it in a while. Can you please change it to public?

Thanks, Raluca

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Raluca and Nelum,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Nelum J Community Member

Hi there!!
my Upwork account has been locked private,  please help me out to the visible public.
Here is the link to my Upwork profile.
https://www.upwork.com/nx/find-work/best-matches

Batu C Community Member

Same here, can't set my profile to public even I clicked the link too many times. Need help from moderators. Peace.

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Batu,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility has been updated as requested. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Abdul M Community Member

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Abdul,

Your profile visibility has been reset as per your request.

~ Luiggi
Idongesit J Community Member

Please I'm Idongesit Jacob, a freelancer on Upwork. I haven't been using the account for a while now and it has been locked private and I have messaged Upwork multiple times but nothing has been done about it since September. 

Please help me resolve the situation.

Thank you very much

Idongesit Jacob

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Idongesit,

I'd like to confirm that your profile visibility has been reset to 'public'. You may log in and check. For more information, please check out this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
Cherrie Ann P Community Member

very helpful!

Idongesit J Community Member

Thank you so much. I'm grateful

Cherrie Ann P Community Member

no worries about it, help is coming in!

Casey C Community Member

I've been resetting my profile visibility since last week, but it's still on locked private. Whenever I view my requests, all of then are marked as solved. Please help. 

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Casey,

Thank you for your message. I see that your profile visibility is already set to Public.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Elena I Community Member

I had a long break from Upwork, during my studies. Now I would like to work again as freelancer, but it seems so difficult. My profile is automatically set up offline, and I do not receive invitations. 

Anyone in the same situation before? How did you get back on track?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Elena,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Ebiye O Community Member

Hi! 

What can one do when your profile is being changed from public to private and it`s also locked to private?, done by upwork itself.

Tried sending emails to support and they`ve also responded but it is still the same.

Kindly give advice on what I can do the to change it from Locked private to Public.

Thanks in Advance!

Divine E Community Member
Avery O Community Manager

Hi Ebiye, 

I’ve reset your profile visibility back to public.  Profiles of freelancers with a history of earnings on the platform will remain public unless they have not earned in more than 2 years while profiles of new freelancers who haven’t earned on Upwork will be set to private after 90 days. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here.

~ Avery
Mohammad M Community Member

Hi Everyone ! 

My Profile Visibility is turned to Private, Its not being Public so clients are not seeing me, How to catter this issue ??

Regards

Engr.Muhammad Mubbashar

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Mohammad,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to “public”. When your profile is set to private, your profile is not visible in search results, but the clients can still view your profile once you submit a proposal. For more information, please check out this help article. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths