🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Payment Deducted but Freelancer Plus Memb...
Page options
Innocent O Community Member

Membership Upgrade

Hello,

why does my Card buy connects but is declined when I try to upgrade to the Plus membership plan?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nikola S Moderator

Hi Innocent,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while upgrading your membership. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

~ Nikola

View solution in original post

436 REPLIES 436
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Sudhanshu,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble adding your billing method. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Yoga C Community Member

hey, its me again and still cant upgrade to membership plus. it said''There was a problem charging your billing method. Please enter a new billing method and try again".

Already go to the bank, and nothing was wrong with it. can upwork just be frfiendly with the user?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Yoga,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while upgrading to Freelancer Plus membership plan. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Uche O Community Member

Screenshot 2024-05-01 094630.png

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Uche,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Mithilesh S Community Member

Hi , I am not able to add billing method in upwork via paypal. When I am trying it's authenticating succesful then it's asking to add card why ?? In my paypal card is already added why it's not picking up that card directly?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Mithilesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Rutendo C Community Member

l have a problem with my billing account when l put my card details they decline but get notified that my card has been added when its being declined please help.

what could be the reson

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Rutendo,

We checked your account but were not able to see a card added as your billing method.

To add a new billing method to your account:

1. Go to Settings > Billing & Payments
  2. Choose the Add a New Billing Method button
  3. Enter your billing information

You can check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Ijeoma I Community Member

Hello, I have been trying to hire a Freelander with my Payoneer card attached as the billing method but it doesn't go through.

What should I do here, please?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Ijeoma,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Madhu M Community Member

Hi

I am not able to buy connects . It keeps throwing error - Something went wrong on our end , refresh and try again. If issue persist, contact customer support.I am not finding any option to raise request. I have bought connects few days back with same billing method using master card. Screensht of error attached.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Madhu,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Sarah P Community Member

I'm new to Upwork, but I'm facing problem to add Paypal as my payment method when I want to create contract.
Just now I already verify my paypal, but it still can't make payment
may I know why is this problem?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

John Martin D Community Member

"We are unable to authorize your card as the billing details you entered does not match with your bank or credit card company. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

I have already called my bank and everything is cleared on their end. In addition, I see that this is a common problem for other users. Please advise. Thanks!

Joanne P Moderator

Hi John,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Mohd Wasi A Community Member

Hi 

I am unable to buy connect through my Indian Debit Card or Paypal account

Could you please suggest the best method 

Ivygail J Moderator

Hello Mohd Wasi,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble you encountered in pursuing Connects. I have checked and it looks like you need to update your billing method. Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

Additionally, when you are adding PayPal account as your billing method, it must be verified and a credit card needs to be added as a backup billing method. You can learn more here.

If the issue persists, please follow up with us so we can assist you further.

~Ivy
Md Noor H Community Member

I keep getting this notification even though I have update my billing.

"We found a problem with your primary billing method and to put it on hold. Update it now."

Can someone assist?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Md Noor,

I can see that someone from the team already assisted you over the phone regarding this issue. If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Youssef Dardeer M Community Member

Hello Upwork Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to report an issue regarding the upgrade of my membership to the Freelancer Plus plan. I attempted to upgrade my membership and pay the $20 subscription fee using my Visa card. However, I encountered an error message stating that there was a problem charging my billing method and that I needed to enter a new billing method.

Despite this message, I was surprised to find that the amount was deducted from my Visa card. However, I have not received the benefits of the Freelancer Plus plan yet.

I suspect there might be an issue with my account that is preventing the successful upgrade. Attached to this message is a screenshot showing the error message I encountered. I kindly request that you look into this issue and resolve it as soon as possible, as I need to take advantage of the benefits provided by the Freelancer Plus plan to support my work on Upwork.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. I look forward to your prompt resolution of this matter.

Best regards,
Youssef

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Youssef,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Youssef Dardeer M Community Member

Hello PradeepH,

Thank you for your prompt response and for clarifying the situation regarding the $20 deduction.

Best regards,
Youssef

Pakkeer M Community Member

Dear Pradeep,

Thank you for your email

Thanks & best regards,
Mydeen

## Please type your reply above this line.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths