🐈
» Forums » Support » Moderator hiding complaints
Page options
085b5f2a
Community Member

Moderator hiding complaints

I have posted a complaint about a case i have open, the moderator is marking it as a span so the community can't see it? 
Are you serious?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Leonard,

I just wanted to clarify that we did not remove your post. The automatic spam filter was triggered, so it was removed automatically. This might be because you’ve added a transcript of your email exchanges with the team, which is not allowed in the Community as per the Community Guidelines.

Additionally, I will follow up with the team handling your ticket, and you should receive an update soon. 

Edited to add. 

I would also like to clarify that we do not accept statements from online only institutions like PayPal, Revolut, Payoneer etc. You should submit valid documents issued within the last 6 months that shows your name and address and the name and contact details of the issuer along with the issue date.

As this is being handled by another team, I highly recommend following up on your ticket so they can assist you further. They will be able to answer your questions about the verification process.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
085b5f2a
Community Member

085b5f2a_0-1707827007507.png
i can't beleive this is real

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Yes, because you're violating the community guidelines listed here, namely, that you're not allowed to post "email content, chat transcripts, or other private communication". Why is it necessary to post a screenshot instead of just explaining the problem? We've all been through the identity verification process, so it's not difficult to understand what Upwork is telling you.

thanks for your contribution. To answer your question on why it is necessary? I wanted to show the community the non sense i am dealing with. 
To answer  your statement " We've all been through the identity verification process, so it's not difficult to understand what Upwork is telling you."
Please believe that if it was so smooth i woud not be there wasting my time complaining about the service and would be doing other things that are worth my time . 
thanks 

NikolaS

Hi Leonard,

I just wanted to clarify that we did not remove your post. The automatic spam filter was triggered, so it was removed automatically. This might be because you’ve added a transcript of your email exchanges with the team, which is not allowed in the Community as per the Community Guidelines.

Additionally, I will follow up with the team handling your ticket, and you should receive an update soon. 

Edited to add. 

I would also like to clarify that we do not accept statements from online only institutions like PayPal, Revolut, Payoneer etc. You should submit valid documents issued within the last 6 months that shows your name and address and the name and contact details of the issuer along with the issue date.

As this is being handled by another team, I highly recommend following up on your ticket so they can assist you further. They will be able to answer your questions about the verification process.

~ Nikola
Upwork
085b5f2a
Community Member

Fair enough, i was not aware of this guidelines. It would be nice if the system could notify user reason why post is marked as spam, that would avoid confusion.
Nevertheless, I am getting very frustrated dealing with this situation and wanted to show that answers received are not relevant to document attached to my query. 
it really feels like being replied anything to tick crm internal SLA's is more important than solving the issue. 
Thanks for following up on this.

085b5f2a
Community Member

thanks for clarifying this , it would have save us both time if this was specified in the email or on the page where user is asked to updload document.
When i receive this email below, it is hard for me to guess that revolut statement is not accepted .
We have reviewed your submission for location verification. Unfortunately, we could not approve the image provided as the document type submitted is unacceptable.
Please review the list of acceptable documents below.
Visa
Greencard
Employment Authorization Document
Residence Permit
Driver's License
Utility Bill
Insurance Card
Voter Registration Card
Bank or credit card statement
Identification document for Refugee/Asylum Seekers
Property Tax Receipt
Lease Agreement
Mortgage statement
College Enrollment Papers
Insurance policy or bill
Payroll statement or an official salary document from the employer
Tax registration documents
In order for us to review your documents and verify your location, please note that the supplemental document must meet the following requirements:
All information must be visible (images with masked/covered data, glare, damage, and low-quality resolution will not be accepted)
All four corners of the document must be visible
Must be in original color (no filters should be applied, black and white images or images altered in any way will not be accepted)
Must be a scan or digital photo of an original document (screenshots, images of paper photocopies, etc. will not be accepted)
ID should be valid, for statements- it should be issued within the last 6 months
Once you are ready to resubmit, access your Upwork account Settings and click the Identity Verification tab to continue.

085b5f2a
Community Member

i though that issue was with revolut but I provided a bank statement from barclays, which is not an online bank, you guys declined it anyway. Your answer did not is not the solution to my issue and i am very upset with the situation now. Can i get contacted with a manager cause support is unable to explain and can only send template emails.

We understand how you want this issue resolved as soon as possible Leonard.

Please understand that we moderators can only provide limited information and assistance here in the Community. We highly suggest you continue coordinating with the team through the ticket that was raised about your account concerns. Our support team is the appropriate team that can best address your concerns. 

We seek your patience and utmost understanding while we sort this out for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
085b5f2a
Community Member

Hi Araj, I am not talking about the mod, talking about the support team. They really drive me nuts.
Can you escalate my case to someone with common sense over there, please?
I am having surreal conversation and I am really fuming behing my screen. 

085b5f2a
Community Member

i am getting very upset now, i have submitted a statement for the 11th time. It gets refused saying the non-sense. Can a manager pick up the case? i have been struggling with this for 4 days now. 

085b5f2a
Community Member

this is really the poorest service i ever receive

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths