🐈
» Forums » Support » My order was canceled and the payment was ful...
Page options
awntdesign
Community Member

My order was canceled and the payment was fully refunded to the client

Hello! Need help.

Was performing a contract to create 30 illustrations for $400.

awntdesign_0-1657326730454.png

During the performance, the client divided it into two milestones. After completing half of the contract (first milestone) the client approved it, later and the second milestone. The money was credited to my balance and displayed in my stats.

The same day after the client approved the second milestone he asked for the source files so he could make further revisions. Since everything was approved, I prepared the archive and sent it without any further thought. 4 days later, I received a notification from Upwork that our contract with him is on pause.

I write him "What can it be?" He told me "Upwork did some of the strange debits from the card, I opened a dispute so while my account has open dispute - it put on hold and all open contracts"

The same day I look at the evening, there was a refund to the client, then 3 days later the contract was canceled and my total was downgraded again. how can this be? I worked 9+ days for free, despite the fact that my country is at war and I was working at a time when enemy missiles were being shot down several kilometers away from my house.

2 REPLIES 2
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Upwork couldn't collect from the client's card as it was probably reportedly as stolen after he used it to fund the milestones. Upwork does not check to see if it was stolen before allowing clients to do that. So you will not get your money. I feel very sorry that this happened to you.

ArjayM

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear about this unpleasant experience you had with a client. Our team invests heavily to ensure a safe and trusted environment for the community. I can see that you've been communicating with our team about this issue and they recently sent an update via email. It is important for our support team to keep everything consolidated into a single ticket to be certain those working on it have all the details. Please don't hesitate to communicate with the team through this ticket or email if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths