🐈
» Forums » Support » New Initiation Fee Impact to Clients
Page options
49f0623f
Community Member

New Initiation Fee Impact to Clients

Hello, 

I'm a client. I have a few freelancers on Upwork working together all the time. Typically, I initiated a new contract for a new project and ended once it's done. Another project came, and I created another new contract with the same freelancer. Just for my easy filing use.

So, as the new initiation fee is coming up, is there any impact on my case? Does that mean, for the same freelancers, it's better not to end the contract but to add new milestones so it would not cause the Initiation Fee? As it seems the initiation fee is once-per-contract, my understanding right?

Best,

Rebecca

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Rebecca,

The contract initiation fee is a charge of up to $4.95 for clients on new contracts on Upwork’s Marketplace and Project Catalog. We will charge this fee once per contract, when you make the first payment to a freelancer. The fee is per contract which means if you start a new contract with a previously hired freelancer, you will pay the contract initiation fee again for the new contract.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
7322c869
Community Member

Dm let's talk about it 

PradeepH

Hi Rebecca,

The contract initiation fee is a charge of up to $4.95 for clients on new contracts on Upwork’s Marketplace and Project Catalog. We will charge this fee once per contract, when you make the first payment to a freelancer. The fee is per contract which means if you start a new contract with a previously hired freelancer, you will pay the contract initiation fee again for the new contract.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
49f0623f
Community Member

Thank you, Pradeep! Clear now. 😊

a8397c1e
Community Member

It's not fair that the fee is charged even if the contract ends when the freelancer issues a refund. The fee should be refunded, too. It's a failed contract with the freelancer.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths