🐈
» Forums » Support » New account: setting up a different "verified...
Page options
27e2557d
Community Member

New account: setting up a different "verified name" than the name on my profile from the start?

I'm transgender, and while the court has approved my legal name change, I haven't been able to update any of my documents yet, so I'd like to use a different name on my profile than the name on my bank account and government ID (let's call this name my "legal" name although it technically isn't), and set up my legal name as a "verified name" for use with legal contracts and payouts and stuff (so I don't get the "payout beneficiary name different from profile name" error). According to the support documentation this is possible, but it doesn't explain how to set up two different names like this, or how to submit documentation to prove my legal/verified name. Can someone help me out?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Alexis,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so that we can assist you accordingly. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Alexis,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so that we can assist you accordingly. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths