🐈
» Forums » Support » Not getting replies on my proposals
Page options
rakibkhan61
Community Member

Not getting replies on my proposals

I have noticed for a long while that I'm not getting replies to organic proposals on Upwork. I bought 300 upwork connects last month but all the proposals I gave with those connects did not get any reply. Before that, I took a Freelancer Plus membership and saw the same results.

Do you know if there is any miscommunication with me?
I also mentioned that before the Freelancer Plus membership, I worked on 6 projects in Upwork using the basic monthly 10 connects.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hi Monirum,

Please modify both your cover letter and Upwork profile according to the best practices by click the Academy link above.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
8b063444
Community Member

Similar thing is happening to me. Most most of my proposals are not getting replies - I don't really know the reason.

petersonsue
Community Member

• I am experiencing the same thing. I have had steady work for 11+ years. I could secure jobs easily and was always working on at least one job; sometimes several at once. It is hard for me to get a job now despite being top-rated. I'm not too fond of bidding with Connects. I, too, am purchasing a lot of Connects and most of the proposals are not even looked at. 
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hi Monirum,

Please modify both your cover letter and Upwork profile according to the best practices by click the Academy link above.

Thank you

Thank you for your suggestion but I don't think that is the reason. I write  an original cover letter for each job each time.  

Sue,

Specifics that need to be modified is different for every freelancer.

Please format your Summay into four compelling paragraphs with a focus on the first sentence because that is what appears in client search. Close complete In Progress jobs and add a Project Catalog.

Ok sir.

amit-benzatine
Community Member

We are also facing the same issue, I've been applying 8 to 10 proposals daily for the last 5 months and still did not get a single project.
Our agency is top-rated and we have a great work history. We still did not get any jobs in the last few months.

It's frustrating and we are thinking that we should stop submitting proposals as it's not an investment, we are only wasting money, Upwork said that it's an investment but no it's a new way to earn from freelancers. 

Can anyone share their experience on this?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths