🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: After i set my payment method and 3 days ...
Page options
2e750978
Community Member

Payment Method Inactive !

Hello ! It's been five days since i added payment method to local bank. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zaki,

If your payment method is inactive, it can be because of one or both of the following reasons:

It was added in the last three days: For security reasons, any new payment method will become active in three days. 

You need to provide your tax information: In order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form.

If you’re not a U.S.taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

861 REPLIES 861
6280c79b
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

Greetings. Thank you very much for all the clarification. Actually, I'm an undergraduate from Bangladesh; thus, I don't pay any tax nor do I have a TIN number of my own. May I please know what to do in this circumstances? TIA.

3b12e1de
Community Member

Hello, Upwork community,

Help me with an issue, please.

I added the Payoneer payment method 8 day ago. My payoneer card is now marked as 'inactive' in the 'Get Paid' section. 

Hi Shams,

I see that your payment method is already approved. Please complete the Tax Information page to activate your payment method.

- Pradeep

Upwork

I can not complete form W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E .Becouse i have not a tax identification.I want Upwork withhold up 30% of my earnings.

Hi Shams,

This is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India, for example. Some countries may use a National ID number. You may be able to find information about your country’s TIN here. If you have questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3b12e1de
Community Member

I understand what you say.But I don't  want to complete tax information.

I agree that upwork  will own 30% of money.

Is not it possible? 

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shams,

Unfortunately, you will not be able to withdraw your earnings from Upwork until you complete the form. We will be required to withhold up to 30% of your future earnings on Upwork and send them to the IRS if you fail to complete the form. We cannot provide refunds on the withheld funds submitted to the IRS, even if the forms are later completed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3b12e1de
Community Member

Hi.Can I work on upwork if I don't complete tax information?
And will I get my money if I complete tax information later (after one year)?

Shams, my colleagues shared more information about this here with you. To answer your questions, you won't be able to withdraw your funds if you don't complete your tax information, but this won't prevent you from working with clients. Is there any reason why you can't complete it at this time?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3b12e1de
Community Member

Yes there are several reasons why I can't complete tax information at this time. 

brycekimmy
Community Member

I have issues getting withdrawal from my checking account. I have setup direct deposit and made sure the account number was accurate. I am doing something wrong?

Hi Kimberly,

I checked your account and I see that your payment method is still not active. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
57e22545
Community Member

i have filled in my bank account details in the direct to local bank payment option ,but it's still inactive after two weeks of wait,I have verified my bank details and every thing is correct

Hello Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Mohammad, you should create a ticket and reach out directly to the support for this matter. There's nothing wrong from you end apparently. 

I tried but couldn't find a way to open a support ticket,the help and support page only have the preanswered questions with no way to open a ticket

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello, it's been more then 48 hours and i still didn't receive any news about the issue,can I get a direct support ?

,thankyou

Hi Mohamed, 

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
f0830467
Community Member

After i set my payment method and 3 days of security have passed the method is still inacive and there is a message in the top of the page  `You have no active withdrawal methods. Please add a new method `

Hi Mohamed,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f0830467
Community Member

Thanks Luiggi

Community Member

Hello, I live in Turkiye and I do not have a TIN number. What should I do to complete tax information page so I can withdraw my earnings?

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Andy,

I took a closer look at your Tax Information and confirmed that all forms have been completed. Your payment method will be active and ready for use in three days. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

This is great thank you.

2e29e831
Community Member

Hi team,

I have a problem when I add a withdrawal method, but it shows "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

I also received an email about the payment method added to the Financial Account "Huy Nguyen Lotus" (my incorrect name). But I already requested to change my name in my Upwork profile to Huy Nguyen, it shows correctly on my profile, and in the contact info.

Can you help me check it and let me know, how I can change my name in the Financial Account (Huy Nguyen Lotus to Huy Nguyen)? By the way, the full name in my bank account is "NGUYEN HAI HUY" (in Vietnamese order: surname-middle name-first name), do I need to update the full name in my Upwork account to it, is "Huy Nguyen" ok?

Thank you for your support. Looking forward to your response.

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Huy,

Thanks for reaching out. I checked your account and can confirm that the name mismatch has already been resolved. However, your payment method is not yet active as you still need to fill in your tax information on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
haitham_said
Community Member

I added a Payment method since 4 days but it still inactive.

"Direct to Local Bank (EGP) - Account ending in 0140"

My account was verfied, tax information completed.

What is the problem?

Hi Haitham,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
armengrigoryan84
Community Member

I have an account in Upwork I haven't worked with that account for a long time, so now I started to work and found a client from Spain and did some work for him after that I found that on my account I have also an agency, I don't remember how it happened, I am thinking it was when I exported my Elance account and connected it to the Odesk,
My problem is to delete my agency and leave only a freelancer account as on my agency account I have some money the system doesn't allow me to remove my agency account, I created 2 tickets and asked support to transfer that money to my freelancer account and remove my agency, but they saying that I can withdraw money from my account and then remove it, then I tried to do that and I connected 3 withdraw methods but no one is active, so I can't understand why.
May I have done something wrong please help me understand

Hi Armen,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've been experiencing trying to withdraw your funds. Upon checking, you have not completed your Tax Information, so your withdrawal methods are inactive. Go to your Tax Information page to complete what's missing, and feel free to check this article to learn more about what information you'll be entering. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
erlapilapil
Community Member

My withdrawal methods are said to be inactive because I didn't input my TIN. I live in the Philippines and normally, people only get their TIN when their employer processes it for them. In my case, I'm still a college student and haven't tried working yet, so I don't have a TIN ID. What's my remedy for this?

Hello Erla,

We appreciate your contact. Your report has been forwarded to our team and you will receive a support ticket from one of our agents to help you more. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
300249f3
Community Member

I haven’t used payoneer withdrawals for a long time. Now, since it was listed as inactive, I deleted it and added it again. BUT it is inactive again, although everything is fine with the payoneer account

Hi Yuliia,

Your payment methods are inactive because you have not completed your Tax Information yet. Please go to your Tax Information settings page and fill out the missing fields. Check this article for more details on what information you should be entering. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ahmednagy7
Community Member

Hello Support team,

I have an issue regards to withdrawal methods
My Direct to Local Bank (EGP) status is: Inactive
can you please tell me why it is Inactive?

0007Screenshot.png

Hi Eslam,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
gwendolyn_johnso
Community Member

Hello I am having trouble with my PayPal account and other payment methods, it is saying Inactive

Hi Gwendolyn,

Your payment methods are inactive because you haven't filled out your Tax Information. Go to your Tax Information page to complete what's missing, and feel free to check this article to learn more about what information you'll be entering. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2700ea13
Community Member

Upwork keeps telling me that my tax information is not complete, I have filled all my tax information except the form that requires me to input my Tax Identification Number(TIN). I don't have a tax Identification number because the way it works in my country, you need to have some things which I don't have yet... So how can I go about this issue as I can't withdraw funds

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths