🐈
» Forums » Support » Payment Method Inactive !
Page options
2e750978
Community Member

Payment Method Inactive !

Hello ! It's been five days since i added payment method to local bank. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Zaki,

If your payment method is inactive, it can be because of one or both of the following reasons:

It was added in the last three days: For security reasons, any new payment method will become active in three days. 

You need to provide your tax information: In order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form.

If you’re not a U.S.taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

833 REPLIES 833

I had the same problem and had to reach out to customer support to get it fixed.

Thank you. I will give that a try. 

How did go about contacting support? I can't seem to get a hold of an actual person.

Hi Heather,

I'm sorry you're having difficulties setting up your payment method and contacting our support team. I can see that you were able to reach out and raise a support ticket about your concern. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to further review your case, and you will get an update on your ticket here once done.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Did you fill out how you want to get paid, ie. bank/ Paypal/ whatever is available to you?  You need to fill that in and wait for it to be verified.

Yes. Everything has been filled out

fahad39
Community Member

Hi,

I added my payment details (Direct To Local Bank) a few weeks ago but it is still inactive, I have also completed/added my tax info. Please look into this matter and let me know when my payment details will be active.

I have an open request with support but have not received any reply past 4 days. 

Thank you

Hi Fahad,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and we sincerely apologize for the delay. I checked and can confirm that your case has been escalated to the appropriate team for further review. Please allow our team time; you will get an update on your ticket here once done. 

Feel free to update your ticket, and rest assured that the team will address your concerns as soon as possible. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
a6b845cb
Community Member

Hi there, It's been 3 days since i added payment method to local bank. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

Hi Titho,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community. Your new payment method will be active in three days for security reasons. Kindly expect your new payment method to be ready for use by tomorrow. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
saima_dar22
Community Member

@@My name on Upwork, bank account name and Paypal account are same as "Saima Sonaullah" but still upwork is saying, The beneficiary name is mismatched." Can anyone help please with this ?

Hi Saima,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. You now need to provide your tax information: To access their funds, you must file a Form W-8BEN. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm that you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8d6c9729
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I submitted the form W-8 BEN and the affidavit to the email and I got this email.

Does that mean it is confirm?

if No,how much do I have to wait till their confirmation?

Hi Lynda,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I took a closer look at your and can confirm that you've completed your tax information. For security reasons, your new payment method will be active and ready for use in three days. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
b80c744f
Community Member

Hi, 

I wanted to withdraw my funds so added a payment method 5 days ago, It asked for 3 days security confirmation. 

now it has been 5 days and it shows (Payment Method Inactive). I don't understand the problem here as I've also completed my tax information and everything is clear through my end. 

please assist! 

Ryan K wrote:

Hi, 

I wanted to withdraw my funds so added a payment method 5 days ago, It asked for 3 days security confirmation. 

now it has been 5 days and it shows (Payment Method Inactive). I don't understand the problem here as I've also completed my tax information and everything is clear through my end. MyEnvoyAir

please assist! 

if your payment method is inactive, it can be because of one or both of the following reasons:

• It was added in the last three days: For security reasons, any new payment method will become active in three days.
  • You need to provide your tax information: In order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S. persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form. If you’re not a U.S. taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings.

Please check if any of these reasons apply to you and follow the instructions accordingly. If none of these reasons explain your situation, or if you have already done everything correctly, please contact the Upwork support team directly for further assistance. You can find their contact information here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Contact-Upwork-Customer-Support

6c21ee89
Community Member

Why does my payment method still show as inactive? It's been over 3 days 

Hi Zachary,

Thanks for reaching out. While checking your account, I could see that you have not filled out all of your Tax Information under your account settings page. Kindly visit the page and complete the missing information to activate your payment methods. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6c21ee89
Community Member

If you look again I have corrected the issue, and it still shows as inactive

Thanks for following up, Zachary. I've escalated your concern to our Customer Support team via a support ticket for further assistance. They will get in touch with you soon.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
531a30dd
Community Member

Hello dear Upwork community! I am new to Upwork and concerned about an inactive status issue regarding my Payoneer payment card and bank transfer (USD) account after setting them up last Friday. Could you please clarify if this inactive status issue prevents me from sending proposals to clients and receiving payments from clients? Can I start my activities without having this status active? What does this inactive status actually mean? If I am able to receive payments, I am eager to start my activities. Thank you!

Hi Bakary,

Thanks for reaching out. While checking your account, I could see that you have not filled out your Tax Information under your account settings page. Kindly visit the page and complete the missing information to activate your payment methods. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
01ac12aa
Community Member

Dear Upwork,

Could you please check my profile as well, because my payment methods are also inactive? Thank you very much!

Hi Roman,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
marianne-borbe
Community Member

Hi, why is that I have the prompt even when I have updated my tax information?

What do I need to do?

Odd. I suggest reaching out to support chat and see if they can assist with this.

Hi Marianne,

We're aware of the issue you raised and are taking it seriously. We’ve escalated your post to a support ticket where one of our agents can assist you further. Please don't hesitate to coordinate with the team on this page, and they will surely help you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2ff7df24
Community Member

my withdrawal method appears to be inactive and it has been more than three days, how long must it take to be active?

Hi Alexandrei,

Thank you for your message. I checked and I can confirm that your withdrawal method is already active.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for your reply and confirmation that my withdrawal method is active. May I ask if, for example, we've already filled up the w-8 tax form and the withdrawal method has been set for more than 3 days now, what are the other possible reasons (besides no funds to withdraw) why the "get paid now" button is greyed out?

Hi Alexandrei,

Aside from that, the Get Paid button will be greyed out if your financial account or your whole account in general is suspended.

~ AJ
Upwork
b80c744f
Community Member

Hi Upwork, 

I am facing a problem regarding the Inactive Payment Method. This is the second time that I have added a payment method and It is not becoming active, nevertheless the general period of activation is 3 days, yet in my case (5 days) has been passed and, It's still showing Inactive. Although I have completed my Tax Information. 

It is requested to the UPWORK team to reach out. 

Looking forward! 

Hi Ryan,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
b80c744f
Community Member

Hi Arjay, 

Your response is highly appreciated, 

Looking forward to your agent 🙂

b80c744f
Community Member

Hi Arjay, 

this is the third time I am reaching out for this issue (payment method Inactive). I have received an email where it says that one of your agents would reach out in 24-48 hours. Nevertheless, it has been four days and there is no update or assistance from upwork side. 

I am again requesting you to please assist me with the problem. 

Looking forward!

Hi Ryan,

I'm sorry about the delayed response. I've followed up with the relevant team and can confirm that your payment method should now be active. They've also followed up via your ticket with more information. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
839b6eea
Community Member

Upwork says that my tax identification number is not completed, so my account can be suspended on 7/19/2023. The thing is I am from Venezuela, so I don't have a tax identification number. My tax residence and taxpayer identification is completed, and I don't know what to do with this other petition.

Hi Raquel,

Thank you for reaching out. I took a closer look at your account and can confirm that the Tax Information has been filled out.  That includes your Tax identification number being submitted. It seems like you're all set. Feel free to update your ticket here if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c8cac085
Community Member

How do I contact Upwork to get paid? This is so frustrating!

make sure to active your payment method and you can contact them by this link ; https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths